Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mercy_Main

Question about reports

11 comments in this topic

Question

[MIND]
[MIND]
Players
51 posts
3,426 battles

In some cases when I'm playing CV I get reported for apparently no reason and I lose two karma points. Does this happen only when teammates report you, or also when an enemy player reports you? If the latter is the case I think that's not really fair

• Boring 1

10 answers to this question

Players
564 posts
6,506 battles

CVs get reported for no apparent reason at all. Your own teammates do that for not giving them sufficient air support or not focusing on DDs whereas with enemies it's a lot more different,  they'll hate you if you do your job well...like keeping them spotted or bombing them. 

In the end, there is nothing a CV can do to not trigger ships of other classes. Every time you take out your cv, you risk losing karma so don't worry too much about that aight.    

[VIBES]
Players
1,014 posts
21,349 battles
7 minutes ago, Mercy_Main said:

In some cases when I'm playing CV I get reported for apparently no reason and I lose two karma points. Does this happen only when teammates report you, or also when an enemy player reports you? If the latter is the case I think that's not really fair

Anyone can report you and you'll always lose 1 karma (reporting more than once, even for different things, makes no difference).

Allies will generally report you for playing poorly (in their judgement, which can be wrong of course), enemies for playing well if they're not good sports about it. Enemies might also report you for being afk, but rarely for playing poorly, as it's usually in their interest.

As far as I know, there's no way of telling who exactly reported you, though sometimes it's easy to guess, or they'll plainly telly you.

Reports can make no sense to you, and karma is only a measure of a player's skill over many, many games: you might get complimented for a pretty average game, or get reported for an excellent performance.

And yes, CVs get reported more often: if you lose, your team will blame you; if you win, the enemies will blame you.

[MIND]
[MIND]
Players
51 posts
3,426 battles
14 minutes ago, tocqueville8 said:

Anyone can report you and you'll always lose 1 karma (reporting more than once, even for different things, makes no difference).

Allies will generally report you for playing poorly (in their judgement, which can be wrong of course), enemies for playing well if they're not good sports about it. Enemies might also report you for being afk, but rarely for playing poorly, as it's usually in their interest.

As far as I know, there's no way of telling who exactly reported you, though sometimes it's easy to guess, or they'll plainly telly you.

Reports can make no sense to you, and karma is only a measure of a player's skill over many, many games: you might get complimented for a pretty average game, or get reported for an excellent performance.

And yes, CVs get reported more often: if you lose, your team will blame you; if you win, the enemies will blame you.

I mean its not fair if enemy players decide to report you for no valid reason after you've damaged/sunk them and this is kind of inevitable with some salty players, hence the question

[BOATY]
Players
2 posts
5,809 battles

Karma is meaningless, ignore it, who cares?

I have 5,500 battles, am a reasonable player and have 0 karma most of the time.  The most I've ever had was about 12.

Bottom line is - reporting people does nothing, karma does nothing.  It's purely a mechanism to allow players to "feel" like they are making their feelings known about other players, it's kind of a placebo means of complaining.

Players
2,840 posts
15,648 battles
15 hours ago, GreyKnightX said:

I have 5,500 battles, am a reasonable player and have 0 karma most of the time.  The most I've ever had was about 12.

Bottom line is - reporting people does nothing, karma does nothing.  It's purely a mechanism to allow players to "feel" like they are making their feelings known about other players, it's kind of a placebo means of complaining. 

The more karma points you have the more reports you can give, so I am very happy from my 160 something:Smile_trollface:

Sadly 99% of those are wasted anyway as for the recipient to lose something he has to have it first:Smile_teethhappy:

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,919 posts
14,786 battles

Some players report whoever gets the kill on them. It is a worthless system.

• Cool 1

Players
119 posts
5,550 battles
25.05.2021 o 17:19, GreyKnightX napisał:

Thats what someone once said to me on forum when i asked loooooong time ago. Its nice to get +karma, but you will lose it quite fast.

Yes cv players are hated more since rework, but you cant make everyone happy.

And i agree, its placeboo for angry boys.

Yestarday in match  someone used N word towards enemy CV, i think he had no more reports.

[MIND]
[MIND]
Players
51 posts
3,426 battles
On 5/25/2021 at 5:19 PM, GreyKnightX said:

oh thats good to know. I thought your account would get suspended or something if you'd lose too many karma points lol

[-NSC-]
Players
295 posts
11,699 battles

Karma used to mean something you got bonuses based on how high your rating was, nowadays it means nothing. Except plebs can report more or commend more if you have more karma. The only Karma that's automated is the Misbehaviour in chat one. Get reported more than 5 in a match and you're automatically chatbanned. Pretty stupid. The rest just lowers your Karma.

If I am not mistaken WG have said on multiple occasions that they will not do anything with the current system as it is working as intended.. I think they don't know what intended nor working means :D

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,304 posts
9,623 battles
8 hours ago, Fesvil said:

Get reported more than 5 in a match and you're automatically chatbanned.

Blatant lie and far from the truth. But I guess, reading the rest of your post rant, you arn't interested in the truth anyways...

But if I am wrong why not just summon a WG staff to your "story"? Just add @ to Crysantos or MrConway and they will explain how chat bans work (as they have done multiple time before).

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this