You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
samphilconlor

Agincourt - How to get it?

15 comments in this topic

Question

Beta Tester
112 posts
3,970 battles

Very long time WG supporter here who for the last couple of years hasn't really played after the PR disaster and numerous other things that peeved me to do with German ships, CV's etc 

Just saw a review today for the British BB Agincourt that had me think might be time to try it out again however I see it's not in the shop. What is the TLDR version of how to get the Agincourt or is it locked behind some ridiculous 20 hour grind in which case forget it.

14 answers to this question

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,403 posts
Vor 18 Minuten, samphilconlor sagte:

Just saw a review today for the British BB Agincourt that had me think might be time to try it out again however I see it's not in the shop. What is the TLDR version of how to get the Agincourt or is it locked behind some ridiculous 20 hour grind in which case forget it.

Zitat

Not for now, currently they will be only in these Battle of Jutland containers. Maybe in future she will appear to be purchased separately.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/150354-update-0104-%E2%80%93-german-destroyers-part-2/?do=findComment&comment=3886109

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
112 posts
3,970 battles

Appreciate the responses guys I see it won't be out until 10.4 and we are only on 10.3 now anyway so time to log off again.

If it is hidden in loot boxes behind an event grind that will be unbelievably frustrating, the first thing I've seen I'm interested in in ages and they restrict access that way. Hope you are right Invicta but somehow think Klopirat is right it will be a "random" reward from a loot box after a grindy event that would be suitably Wargaming. I only want to play this game for a couple of hours a week but am interested in early dreadnought era ships and anything stacked with secondary guns. They've nerfed German BB's to the point of ridicule so a low tier British BB with mad secondaries looks great.

WG give it as a event reward sure but for those of us more casual who don't have the time for gods sake just sell the bloody thing as well I have zero interest in giant apes on my bl@@dy ship or ridiculous time sinks I just want a ship to go pew pew at mid tier. You've gone 18 months without my cash quite happy to keep that going if you are going to play silly b@ggers.

Do appreciate the responses guys!

[URUC]
Players
410 posts
9 minuti fa, samphilconlor ha scritto:

Appreciate the responses guys I see it won't be out until 10.4 and we are only on 10.3 now anyway so time to log off again.

Only 2 days

• Cool 1

WG Staff
2,623 posts
937 battles

Hi samphilconlor, update 0.10.4 will go live tomorrow.

Screenshot 2021-05-19 100926.png

Regarding Agincourt, as already stated by my colleague yabbacoe, currently she will only be obtainable through Battle of Jutland containers. In the future, she could become available separately.

Beta Tester
112 posts
3,970 battles
1 hour ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi samphilconlor, update 0.10.4 will go live tomorrow.

Screenshot 2021-05-19 100926.png

Regarding Agincourt, as already stated by my colleague yabbacoe, currently she will only be obtainable through Battle of Jutland containers. In the future, she could become available separately.

Again appreciate the response but I'll go back to waving my cash at companies other than WG until they sell it properly.

Honestly believe they go out of their way to antagonise people sometimes.  

Nice to see community still helpful though 👍

Beta Tester
112 posts
3,970 battles
12 minutes ago, The_White_Whale said:

So how do you get battle of Jutland containers?

My understanding is you grind the event to get the new currency "Beast Tokens'", which you can then trade for "Battle of Jutland" loot boxes but only up to two of them, where you may or may not get a King Albert, an Agincourt or just some camo's. But don't quote me.

• Cool 2

WG Staff
2,623 posts
937 battles
12 hours ago, The_White_Whale said:

So how do you get battle of Jutland containers?

As samphilconlor already stated, you can obtain up to 2 Jutland Containers in exchange for Best Tokens. From the Battle of the Beast's event, you can get a total of 440 tokens;  400 Beast Tokens by completing the missions, and the 40 from daily bundles in the Armory. 

4edb0b4c-b7ed-11eb-846e-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

You can also purchase the container in exchange for doubloons on the Armory.

Screenshot 2021-05-20 105044.png

• Cool 1

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,919 posts
14,786 battles

No Agincourt after 50 containers is asking an awful lot for a tier 5 premium. I would have happily and immediately bought it at the price of a normal t5 premium. I was willing to accept the contents of some containers, but sadly the drop rate seems to be an absolute joke. Not only that but 50% of the containers contain credits which are absolutely worthless.

A pity that WG stoops to such pathetic tactics to make a profit on lower tier ships, just stop releasing them if they are that much hassle.

I hope that the anger and distrust WG earned was worth the profit.

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
1,540 posts
8,950 battles

I really hope WG is gonna be sued by majority of EU for predatorial gamble mechanics. This is a borderline crime by many countries standards. 

Beta Tester
112 posts
3,970 battles
11 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

No Agincourt after 50 containers is asking an awful lot for a tier 5 premium. I would have happily and immediately bought it at the price of a normal t5 premium. I was willing to accept the contents of some containers, but sadly the drop rate seems to be an absolute joke. Not only that but 50% of the containers contain credits which are absolutely worthless.

A pity that WG stoops to such pathetic tactics to make a profit on lower tier ships, just stop releasing them if they are that much hassle.

I hope that the anger and distrust WG earned was worth the profit.

I actually got lucky after buying seven and hitting the open all at once button but if you didn't get it after 50 that is ludicrous. I already had the Konig Albert that might have increased my chances but 100% agree loot boxes for a T5 instead of just listing it at sale price is dispicable.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,919 posts
14,786 battles
2 hours ago, samphilconlor said:

I actually got lucky after buying seven and hitting the open all at once button but if you didn't get it after 50 that is ludicrous. I already had the Konig Albert that might have increased my chances but 100% agree loot boxes for a T5 instead of just listing it at sale price is dispicable.

I also already had Konig. I got both of the permacamos (including the Agincourt one ironically). I also only saw the 7500 coal once.

Beta Tester
112 posts
3,970 battles
5 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

I also already had Konig. I got both of the permacamos (including the Agincourt one ironically). I also only saw the 7500 coal once.

They gave you the perma camo to a ship you don't even have?!? Wow....

• Cool 1