Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pukovnik7

Camper epidemic

60 comments in this topic

[D_G]
Players
1,014 posts
6,353 battles

I restarted the German line - decided to play only Germans, and from bottom up. So I played a Tier IV game. I took a battleship (Kaiser), sailed straight into the enemy cap, and then circled inside it for two minutes while three enemy battleships unsuccessfuly tried to dislodge me with long-range fire. Then they died, my team joined me and we capped it to the end.

Let me repeat: I circled inside the enemy cap for two minutes while three enemy battleships were too shy to get into their own damn cap. I mean, sure, I was in a secondary specced Kaiser, and the rest of my team was not dead... but I was very much separated from them - it took them around two minutes to reach me - and not single one of the enemy battleships even thought that "Okay, we're completelly failing at killing this guy from 10 clicks out, maybe if we get closer...?".

• Cool 5

[TAKEN]
Players
37,168 posts
18,452 battles

It is Tier IV.

While this behaviour is not a good sign, it is somewhat expected on that Tier.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[RONIN]
Players
1,768 posts
11,003 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It is Tier IV.

why dont you show him some spreadsheets

• Funny 17

Players
4,273 posts
14,843 battles
16 minutes ago, Pukovnik7 said:

I restarted the German line - decided to play only Germans, and from bottom up. So I played a Tier IV game. I took a battleship (Kaiser), sailed straight into the enemy cap, and then circled inside it for two minutes while three enemy battleships unsuccessfuly tried to dislodge me with long-range fire. Then they died, my team joined me and we capped it to the end.

Let me repeat: I circled inside the enemy cap for two minutes while three enemy battleships were too shy to get into their own damn cap. I mean, sure, I was in a secondary specced Kaiser, and the rest of my team was not dead... but I was very much separated from them - it took them around two minutes to reach me - and not single one of the enemy battleships even thought that "Okay, we're completelly failing at killing this guy from 10 clicks out, maybe if we get closer...?".

Suprised it only took them 2 mins, expected more. 

Half the people probably didn't know what those circles on the map actually mean and that they aid winning the game. 

Seen the same behaviour at tier 10. In fact, and going of MM, there are better players in low/mid tiers than there are at high tiers at the moment. 

Tier 10 is a sea of red on MM. Its shocking, completely shocking. 

• Cool 3

[NECRO]
Players
5,497 posts

Camping BBs? When I play BB (18.4 knots!), there are my DDs camping behind me... :Smile_facepalm: just had one with an epic BXP score of 98. Not that I would have expected to win with 3 vs 0 pinkies.

shot-21.05.17_15.15.03-0012.png

• Cool 3
  • Angry 1

[TAKEN]
Players
37,168 posts
18,452 battles
14 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

why dont you show him some spreadsheets

Do you need a spreedsheet to understand that low Tier is an area where inexperienced players are to be expected? :Smile_amazed:

• Bad 1

[-STD-]
Players
102 posts
1,505 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Do you need a spreedsheet to understand that low Tier is an area where inexperienced players are to be expected? :Smile_amazed:

Not when you see more potatoes in higher tier games than you could ever dream of seeing in Tier IV

• Cool 3

[TAKEN]
Players
37,168 posts
18,452 battles
Just now, LegacyBunn said:

Not when you see more potatoes in higher tier games than you could ever dream of seeing in Tier IV

Doubtful. Otherwise people would have a higher winrating on Tier X than on Tier IV.

• Bad 1

Players
3,788 posts
24,276 battles

Look on the bright side once subs are introduced those camping players will have the perfect excuse for behaving like that. Things like this are only going to get worse.

• Cool 4

[BOATY]
Players
1,592 posts
18,060 battles

I played a t4 game like 2 weeks ago with some div mates their were some groans but they got to dust off yubari's and such. We had fun and actually had BBs running from us. I didnt even get to use my Smoke all that effectively. The sad reality of low tier is you either get people who are super aggressive or super cautious. Most bb players think they are nothing more then Long range artilery support and getting 1 shell hit out of 8 is fine by them. Generally by t6 they start getting a clue...somewhat. Probably the biggest factor however is the fear of torps. NO ONE WANTS TO DIE QUICK TO TORP SOUP.

• Cool 1

[D_G]
Players
1,014 posts
6,353 battles
27 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Suprised it only took them 2 mins, expected more. 

That was the time it took me to complete the capture, actually. They lost the game without ever seriously trying to dislodge me. And less said about their performance... they had me surrounded on two sides and I was basically just circling inside the cap. I don't think any of them tried shooting an AP salvo, even despite me constantly showing them full broadside.

27 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Half the people probably didn't know what those circles on the map actually mean and that they aid winning the game. 

Seen the same behaviour at tier 10. In fact, and going of MM, there are better players in low/mid tiers than there are at high tiers at the moment. 

Tier 10 is a sea of red on MM. Its shocking, completely shocking. 

The heck...? How many times does it take for people to realize "OK, two circles, one green, one red, we win when red turns green we lose when green turns red"?

42 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It is Tier IV.

It is definitely not a good sign... that is behaviour I would be expecting at Tier I, not at Tier IV. I mean, by the time you get to Tier IV you probably have a couple hundred games under your belt at the very least. I'd expect people to realize at least what cap circles are by that time.

24 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Camping BBs? When I play BB (18.4 knots!), there are my DDs camping behind me... :Smile_facepalm: just had one with an epic BXP score of 98. Not that I would have expected to win with 3 vs 0 pinkies.

OK... that is some special kind of special.

7 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

I played a t4 game like 2 weeks ago with some div mates their were some groans but they got to dust off yubari's and such. We had fun and actually had BBs running from us. I didnt even get to use my Smoke all that effectively. The sad reality of low tier is you either get people who are super aggressive or super cautious. Most bb players think they are nothing more then Long range artilery support and getting 1 shell hit out of 8 is fine by them. Generally by t6 they start getting a clue...somewhat. Probably the biggest factor however is the fear of torps. NO ONE WANTS TO DIE QUICK TO TORP SOUP.

Yeah, that might be it. I mean, I am a brawling addict and even I get nervous when I'm pushing in a battleship. But in this particular case, I was alone in the cap... no destroyers, nothing, nobody with me.

Players
498 posts
9,415 battles
9 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

Probably the biggest factor however is the fear of torps. NO ONE WANTS TO DIE QUICK TO TORP SOUP.

Given the overwhelming presence of CV's keeping DD's back near their own cruisers, as well as an equally overwhelming presence of Radar (and Hydro) making it near impossible for most DD's to get into torp range, it's unlikely that big a factor at all.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,690 posts
10,677 battles
3 minutes ago, Pukovnik7 said:

It is definitely not a good sign... that is behaviour I would be expecting at Tier I, not at Tier IV. I mean, by the time you get to Tier IV you probably have a couple hundred games under your belt at the very least. I'd expect people to realize at least what cap circles are by that time.

Ive seen people hop right into T7-8 by buying a premium ship... then they have no idea what to do and shoot teammates :cap_fainting: And thats not a joke, that has happened on atleast 2 occasions :cap_old:

• Cool 3

[D_G]
Players
1,014 posts
6,353 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Ive seen people hop right into T7-8 by buying a premium ship... then they have no idea what to do and shoot teammates :cap_fainting: And thats not a joke, that has happened on atleast 2 occasions :cap_old:

These ships were all tech tree though (I don't think there are any premium battleships in Tier IV MM range), so they don't exactly have that excuse.

[BNBS]
Players
466 posts
11,484 battles
5 minutes ago, Pukovnik7 said:

Was regrinding the other day and was shocked at how many times I was getting Radio Located only to find players with 4K+ games at T3 & T4, which is equally sad.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,690 posts
10,677 battles
1 minute ago, Pukovnik7 said:

These ships were all tech tree though (I don't think there are any premium battleships in Tier IV MM range), so they don't exactly have that excuse.

T3 Dreadnought

T4 Ishizuchi

T5 Okto and Viribus

All in premium shop right now :Smile_hiding:

But its probably less likely, that some will buy a ship in that range. They look and see ships like Scharnhorst or Tirpitz and will buy those because they have heard of them.

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
1,592 posts
18,060 battles
7 minutes ago, Pukovnik7 said:

That was the time it took me to complete the capture, actually. They lost the game without ever seriously trying to dislodge me. And less said about their performance... they had me surrounded on two sides and I was basically just circling inside the cap. I don't think any of them tried shooting an AP salvo, even despite me constantly showing them full broadside.

The heck...? How many times does it take for people to realize "OK, two circles, one green, one red, we win when red turns green we lose when green turns red"?

OK... that is some special kind of special.

Yeah, that might be it. I mean, I am a brawling addict and even I get nervous when I'm pushing in a battleship. But in this particular case, I was alone in the cap... no destroyers, nothing, nobody with me.

I use to love brawling in bbs, but at heart I am a cruiser man so... side note if you ever see a ship called the IWAKI be very very cautious. In fact run away from it while shooting it.

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
1,592 posts
18,060 battles
9 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I have seen this as well. Imagine my shock after the game to look at the profile and see 3 games all in Tirpitz.

Players
498 posts
9,415 battles
2 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

I have seen this as well. Imagine my shock after the game to look at the profile and see 3 games all in Tirpitz.

Like all the ARP Yamato at T10

25 games below T3 and then a Yama.

[-STD-]
Players
102 posts
1,505 battles

Lookie what I found

ok.thumb.png.fa40780e3f5c5dc8030ba1a4c56ea7aa.png

They were glued together for about a minute as well, AND this is in Co-Op :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 3

[BOATY]
Players
1,592 posts
18,060 battles
1 minute ago, LegacyBunn said:

Lookie what I found

They were glued together for about a minute as well, AND this is in Co-Op :Smile_facepalm:

Maybe the Marco needed a hug

• Funny 1

[BNBS]
Players
466 posts
11,484 battles
4 minutes ago, LegacyBunn said:

Lookie what I found

Sit down and let me explain.  When a daddy BB and mummy BB love each other very much . . .

• Funny 6

[-STD-]
Players
102 posts
1,505 battles
1 minute ago, Sybeck said:

Sit down and let me explain.  When a daddy BB and mummy BB love each other very much . . .

You get a Thunderer that camps at A10 :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

Players
4,273 posts
14,843 battles
1 hour ago, CoffeeFueledCurmudgeon said:

Given the overwhelming presence of CV's keeping DD's back near their own cruisers, as well as an equally overwhelming presence of Radar (and Hydro) making it near impossible for most DD's to get into torp range, it's unlikely that big a factor at all.

It's something all DD captains just have to put up with. It comes down to just how good the enemy CV player is, if it's like a game yesterday then its game over. 

@Europizza and I in a game against an OP unicum enterprise. You know your in for a very hard ride. 

43 planes I downed in my Kidd and he still kept throwing fresh wings out.  43! just didn't leave me or my div mate alone (DD) the whole game. 

Ending up getting indirecly killed by him as trying to not only dodge his unicum torps (which I dodged) but also trying to Brawl with a Cossack at the same time

. I killed him and he killed me. If it wasn't for the CV I would have kill him and got a way. Was on half health when engaged. 

Another game we should have won but upon seing the remaining team, we had no hope. They couldn't hit anything and used the wrong ammo against the wrong ship. 42% WR players for you. 

Sorry to digress. 

Radar can be played around if your smart and map savvy, but a CV? That's the killer. 

DDs getting hit and having half their health go with IJN/Enterprise rockets one salvo? No wonder why they don't wanna do anything up close.  Many don't want it to happen again so they stay back. 

• Cool 1

[TAKEN]
Players
37,168 posts
18,452 battles
28 minutes ago, Pukovnik7 said:

Couple hundred??? :Smile_amazed:

Back in the day, when I started the game, had no clue, no premium, no camos or signals, it took me less than 25 matches to get to Tier IV.

Today a similar player can manage that in less than 20 matches.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Sign in to follow this