You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
arttuperkunas

HSF Harekaze I, worth it?

85 comments in this topic

Players
1,006 posts
6,007 battles

I am intrigued by the OG Harekaze that just became available. Harekaze owners, is it worth it? For reference, I have played the Akizuki and the Kagero, and kind of hated both - the Kagero was too undergunned for my taste, and the Akizuki was too clumsy. On paper, the Harekaze with the Akizuki guns looks like a pretty great deal, with Kagero agility and concealment, together with if not all, then at least a substantial part of Akizuki's firepower. How does the ship feel in practice? 

Is it good as a cap contester? Bit leery about lack of hydro (I mainly play the UK line).

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
8,230 posts

Harekaze (the original one) is a noice little boat

Players
1,006 posts
6,007 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Harekaze (the original one) is a noice little boat

What do you particularly like about it? What kind of playstyle do you feel it is suited for? (torpedo ninja, smoke farmer, cap contester...)

[-RNR-]
Players
1,425 posts

Edited ...If it's Harekaze 1 get it, if it's Harekaze 2 leave it alone.

PS.. The Mk 2 Carries the NERFABLE WARNING

• Cool 5

[JRM]
Players
8,230 posts
10 minutes ago, arttuperkunas said:

What do you particularly like about it? What kind of playstyle do you feel it is suited for? (torpedo ninja, smoke farmer, cap contester...)

Its a Kagero with Akizuki guns, you play her accordingly, torp boat but can hold her own against other DDs in a brawl and farm some gun damage as well...

[DTTAH]
Players
63 posts
17,803 battles
Vor 10 Minuten, Maris_Piper sagte:

I have the Original and it's a Great Little DD. This one however imo is Not, it (unless I'm missing something) it only has the 3 USA 127mm Sec Battery Guns with a Nerfed Reload.

Attention : Premium store contains the original one (with 3 turret options) armory does contain the limited one (HAREKAZE II, only one turret layout)

• Cool 7

[-RNR-]
Players
1,425 posts
3 minutes ago, Alberdan said:

Attention : Premium store contains the original one (with 3 turret options) armory does contain the limited one (HAREKAZE II, only one turret layout)

Thank's .. I've edited my post :Smile_honoring:

Players
1,006 posts
6,007 battles
17 minutes ago, Maris_Piper said:

Edited ...If it's Harekaze 1 get it, if it's Harekaze 2 leave it alone.

Yes, I was referring to Harekaze 1. Both are available, one in the premium store, one in the armory. At least on paper, the Harekaze 2 does not look very interesting. I mean hydro + great concealment is nice, but the guns...

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,498 posts
23,965 battles

If Harekaze I had more HP it would be OP.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,327 posts
16,153 battles

The HSF Harekaze is the one ship I would pick if I was only allowed to keep on ship that I currently have.

I use the 'B' hull and it's a stealthy DD with a nice bite.

• Cool 4

[OGHF]
Players
1,515 posts
25,998 battles
22 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

The HSF Harekaze is the one ship I would pick if I was only allowed to keep on ship that I currently have.

I use the 'B' hull and it's a stealthy DD with a nice bite.

What Captain skills setup do you use??

[SHAD]
Players
4,403 posts
16,401 battles

So tempting with nice torps, 3/4 Akizuki guns and 5.4km concealment. 

Just so expensive and I promised not to spend more on this game this year so I will wave it as it sails through the premium shop!

One thing, who uses the C hull with its 3 guns??!

[IDDQD]
Players
770 posts
15,842 battles
Just now, Cyclops_ said:

shes a hybrid.

kagero with 6 Akizuki guns. 5.4km conceal and option for TRB instead of smoke. I play her as torp boat with decent guns.6 guns and 16kHP with SE is good enough for self-defence but not enough to go vs gunboats tier-to tier

i use my shima cap

image.png.e7ac1ad5d4b824e6bf50ed950fa6acac.png

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,327 posts
16,153 battles
13 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Spoiler

I just use my 19 point Hargumo captain

Harekaze-Captain.png

• Cool 1

[OGHF]
Players
1,515 posts
25,998 battles
4 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

shes a hybrid.

kagero with 6 Akizuki guns. 5.4km conceal and option for TRB instead of smoke. I play her as torp boat with decent guns.6 guns and 16kHP with SE is good enough for self-defence but not enough to go vs gunboats tier-to tier

i use my shima cap

image.png.e7ac1ad5d4b824e6bf50ed950fa6acac.png

Thank you  :cap_like:

Players
2,740 posts
21,065 battles

I’m really conflicted I regret not getting her the first time she looks like a lot of fun but with an upcoming announcement about subs due (at least according to yesterday’s twitch stream) I’m hesitant seeing as DD gameplay is going to fundamentally change.

Players
3,274 posts
23,754 battles

EDIT:

!IT'S A SCAM!

The ORIGINAL Harekaze is a super great ship 30% of the times and hapless carrier fodder the other 70%. YMMV.

That is because it has a hull with three Akizuki turrets to choose, which magically transforms it from a lame nerfed premium Kagero into a super evil hybrid DD with crazy stealth and firepower.

The PoS however that they are hawking right now outside the 30k doubloon bundles for a mere 10.3k  (Harekaze II #bwahaha) only gets the 150 mil single turrets which are, needless to say, absolut garbage. Complete trash. Evil rip-off. AVOID!

I had totally missed that the first time reading.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3

Players
1,006 posts
6,007 battles

Something relevant that no one mentioned here is the omgcute camo. I mean just look at that dozing chubby cat...

I couldn't resist the chubby cat :/.

image.png

• Cool 5

[OOPSY]
Players
132 posts
2,953 battles

Until when will it be available?? I guess it's temporary... 

Thanks

[SM0KE]
Players
7,506 posts
16,047 battles
3 hours ago, arttuperkunas said:

Harekaze owners, is it worth it? For reference, I have played the Akizuki and the Kagero, and kind of hated both - the Kagero was too undergunned for my taste, and the Akizuki was too clumsy.

IMO Harekaze I still stands as one of the best premium DDs in the game tier-for-tier, *but*:

• She's fragile.
  • She's got better AA than Kagero (but then, what doesn't?), but CV spotting can still ruin your day.
  • You also need to beware radar/hydro (especially the former) as she's so dependent on her stealth when you aren't using guns.
  • When you are using guns, you have to pick your spots, such that you don't get blapped by return fire.

As I said, I think she's excellent, but you do need your DD kung fu to be on form in the current meta (CVs/radar) and if you hated Kagero/Aki then you may not get on with Harekaze either...

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
7,506 posts
16,047 battles
2 hours ago, gopher31 said:

One thing, who uses the C hull with its 3 guns??!

Didn't it used to be suggested that this build wasn't a disaster with a low skill captain? With the old skill setup, the Harekaze with the dakka build was a bit skill point intensive...

(Personally, I prefer the dakka build even with a lowly 10 pointer, but still.)

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,327 posts
16,153 battles
1 hour ago, Harvin87 said:

Thanks

Since it's original release it's been available again only twice - I've never taken notice of for how long though as I bought mine on day1.

As has been pointed out already with the upcoming submarine release buying a premium DD may be a bit hasty.  Personally, with subs appearing sometime it may be too soon to buy any ship........

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,498 posts
23,965 battles
1 hour ago, Harvin87 said:

Thanks

Back in the day we had timers for limited time offers in the shop. Or even news articles with more info.

Now WG can't even afford pixels, so we have to guess.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
1,006 posts
6,007 battles
43 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

IMO Harekaze I still stands as one of the best premium DDs in the game tier-for-tier, *but*:

• She's fragile.
  • She's got better AA than Kagero (but then, what doesn't?), but CV spotting can still ruin your day.
  • You also need to beware radar/hydro (especially the former) as she's so dependent on her stealth when you aren't using guns.
  • When you are using guns, you have to pick your spots, such that you don't get blapped by return fire.

As I said, I think she's excellent, but you do need your DD kung fu to be on form in the current meta (CVs/radar) and if you hated Kagero/Aki then you may not get on with Harekaze either...

Noted. I'm hoping that this hybrid patches over the things I disliked about those two ships (akizuki - too fat and bad maneuvrability; kagero - too undergunned), but time will tell. That said, some of the things you stated are a problem in any high tier DD, though granted the UK line has perhaps better tools against CVs due to smokes on demand.