Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rinswind

Which CV will be best for the upcoming CB season?

16 comments in this topic

Players
56 posts
3,190 battles

Hello, I recently decided to turn to the dark side for unlimited power. I address this question to the CV mains out there who played in the last season and will play in this season too, I wish to know which CVs are best for CBs and why you think that will be? I have basic understanding of the meta, but I want more opinions so I can finally decide between Midway, MVR and Hakuryu since FDR will most likely be banned. Petro will most likely be banned too. I humbly await your wisdom. :cap_look:

[SVX]
Players
1,476 posts
17,631 battles

well fdr is good to punish cruissers and bbs, would call it best pick. otherwise im a midway fan cause you can do it all. 

mvh is shite now when the ap bombs is so trolly!

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
568 posts
7,654 battles

Before Manfred reticle nerf: Manfred

After Manfred reticle nerf: Not Manfred

[THESO]
Players
8,796 posts
44,801 battles
25 minutes ago, Nov_A said:

Before Manfred reticle nerf: Manfred

After Manfred reticle nerf: Not Manfred

Cause WG can't nerf something a little bit, just from OP to useless / hard to use / total RNG. 

[NWP]
Players
3,936 posts
18,027 battles
12 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Cause WG can't nerf something a little bit, just from OP to useless / hard to use / total RNG. 

RNG: WGs coded answer to narrowing the skill gap.

• Cool 2

[TOHOU]
Players
432 posts
5,240 battles

immelmann maybe , skip bomb can be nasty i think , otherwise i would go for either uk cv for carpet bombing or us cv with tiny tims

[ADRIA]
Players
335 posts
11,442 battles

Every CV is bad for the upcoming CB season.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Players
8,796 posts
44,801 battles
15 minutes ago, Gebe_ said:

Bad?

Players
2,814 posts
24,695 battles
2 hours ago, Gebe_ said:

How about WG bans all CVs after week one in CB since all of them are definitely OP? 

I mean that would be an awsome joke and move from WGs side. 

If they ban Petro its back to the old Venice / Balansgrad snoozefest (not that its better with having Petro). 

The only way to get diversity is by banning or limiting those ships in a radical way. 

Then you have to play ships that are even more helpless vs. CVs... fun season incoming. 

• Cool 1

Players
51 posts
3,879 battles

I would go Haku or Midway ... FdR cant fight really effective against DDs, if u have a stand of situation against 1 DD and u have to kill him as FdR to gain victory ... u better have some Dive Bombers left otherwise u have a problem

they should

a) Limit not just the Ship Type but also the Ship Moduls like only 2 Radar/Reload/DefAA Moduls per Team

b) if u use CV ... only 1 Radar Modul allowed not just 1 BB

reason ... they throw and throw 1 BS OP ship after the next into the game. Some Ships aint available anymore for the Playerbase like for e.g. in the last CB T9 Missouri and Black ... it was possible to fit out a whole Team with Radar (if that was effective doesnt matter right now but it shoudlnt be possible)

i really think that the MM also for Random and Ranked should consider the Ship Moduls and not just the Class and/or whatever they use cause its wrong to start a game with 4 time 12km Radar against none ... but thats a other story

[XTREM]
Players
23 posts
15,099 battles

As far as I have heard, it will probably be Haku. FDR can be paralyzed very well with Haku (or any other CV with fast planes) fighterbuild. MVR is just too unreliable after nerfing the bombs. Midway can't handle heavier AA like Haku can. In general, Haku is probably the top pick: nuclear torps , good AP bombs and very fast planes with legendary module to dodge AA. 

And who knows whether WG will ban ships again next season ... At the last CW there were a few restrictions after the first 2 weeks and that was it, although something should change every 2 weeks if i remember correctly

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this