TheWarJaC

PT 0.10.4 - Auction

21 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,945 posts
949 battles

Auction

As part of Update 0.10.4, we’re adding a new method by which you can obtain in-game items. We call it the "Auction"—a place where you can find rare goodies. The Auction will feature rare collectibles, and offers another way of replenishing supplies of resources and other in-game valuables.

Key Rules

• Each Auction has a limited duration.
  • It comprises the following stages:

1. A lot that is offered in an Auction is announced with details of its starting price and the number of possible bid winners.

2. The Auction begins, and bids can be placed.

3.The results of the Auction are summed up; bids are no longer accepted.

4.The Auction winners receive their rewards, while the other Auction participants receive their bids back.

• You can change your bid amount at any time, as long as bidding for that lot is still available.
  • Players will only be notified of the starting bid for a lot and the number of possible winners.
  • Depending on the lot, you can use various in-game resources for your bid.
  • The number of lots is limited; the highest bids win; the winning bids will be used as payments for the lots.
  • It's a no-risk adventure! Any bid that doesn't win will be returned to the bidder when the Auction closes.

For example, if there is a lot for 500 commemorative flags, the 500 players with the highest bids will receive one flag each.

88e99578-a11e-11eb-b9d1-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
2,703 posts
7,710 battles

Just so you know, I have no desire to participate in a feature creating artificial scarcity to play out players against one another in order to drain them from resources, hoping it’ll stimulate sales somehow.

This is the kind of overdevelopment that occurs when you’re both out of ideas to benefit players and just look for something that is different AND you’ve reached if not crossed an ethical line.

You say there is no risk involved. I don’t think you understand risk.

• Cool 2

[LIDGE]
Players
35 posts
11,413 battles

I've tested the auction system but I don't receive what I bid for:

I won the 10000 coal auction and received only 1000.

[IUN]
Players
97 posts
8,152 battles

"For example, if there is a lot for 500 commemorative flags, the 500 players with the highest bids will receive one flag each."

Lol, so if everyone spent like 1000000 credit or more to get just 1 flag, isn't it kind of a scam or money printing way so that people would play more or buy credits for real money ? :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1

[VETS]
Players
155 posts

Totally ridiculous thing. Who will ever pay 25M for 10000 coal? You must be out of your mind

• Cool 1

[XB-HX]
Players
1 post
4,747 battles

Same here, done it 3 times, always giver 1000 coal and not the 10000 coal advertised.

WG Staff
2,945 posts
949 battles
13 hours ago, K3pleR77 said:

Same here, done it 3 times, always giver 1000 coal and not the 10000 coal advertised.

On 4/30/2021 at 3:16 PM, Lucius_Ning said:

I've tested the auction system but I don't receive what I bid for:

I won the 10000 coal auction and received only 1000.

Thanks, Captains for reporting this issue. 😊

[KRTC]
Players
5 posts
3,219 battles

Good mornin´ everybody....

so we are playing on a test server it doesn´t matter how much you spend for one auction ...... unless it stays on the test server and will NOT be a part on the live server.

It would be more interesting if there was a market for ships .... cause for new players or collectors it could be a chance to get ships like "Black" for example ..

You see them in Battle and nowadays you didn´t have a chance to get them ..

That would be a thing to think about ...

*sorry for my bad english*

WG Staff
2,945 posts
949 battles
27 minutes ago, Ridicully66 said:

Good mornin´ everybody....

so we are playing on a test server it doesn´t matter how much you spend for one auction ...... unless it stays on the test server and will NOT be a part on the live server.

It would be more interesting if there was a market for ships .... cause for new players or collectors it could be a chance to get ships like "Black" for example ..

You see them in Battle and nowadays you didn´t have a chance to get them ..

That would be a thing to think about ...

*sorry for my bad english*

Hi Ridicully66,

It doesn't matter, don't worry. One thing, though, I am not sure I understood your feedback. Would you like to see the Auction implemented to the live server? In the future, other kinds of resources will be also available to be obtained through the Auction. 😊

[KRTC]
Players
5 posts
3,219 battles

Hi JaC,

it would be a good idea to implement a type of auction or market, but not with resources like coal or whatever

Resources you gain through battles in multiple ways and that´s enough, I think.

Wouldn´t it be better having the chance to get ships that aren´t sold anymore in the premium shop, or no longer gainable through resources, battles and so on?

Or how does a player get the Enterprise, Black, Siegfried and son on?

Hope you understand what I´m meaning ...

Writing in german would be more easier ...

WG Staff
2,945 posts
949 battles
On 5/7/2021 at 12:02 PM, Ridicully66 said:

Hi JaC,

it would be a good idea to implement a type of auction or market, but not with resources like coal or whatever

Resources you gain through battles in multiple ways and that´s enough, I think.

Wouldn´t it be better having the chance to get ships that aren´t sold anymore in the premium shop, or no longer gainable through resources, battles and so on?

Or how does a player get the Enterprise, Black, Siegfried and son on?

Hope you understand what I´m meaning ...

Writing in german would be more easier ...

Hi Ridicully66,

Thank you again for sharing your feedback. Yes, I get your point. The resources for the Auction on PT were chosen for testing purposes. When the Auction will land on the main server, the items obtainable could be different. 😊

[KRTC]
Players
5 posts
3,219 battles

Hi JaC,

thanks for your reply!

In my opinion it would be great if there are ships available...

Or another possibility would be, to install a normal market for ships and resources, like on ebay...

There you can get a fee for every transaction, for example for every ship from Tier I to IX, maybe 50cent, and above Tier X and promo Ships 1€..

We´ll see what happens!

Have a great week, cu

• Cool 1

[EUTF]
Players
329 posts
7,393 battles

The idea is nice but again the problem is how each company use every ideas to the people and WG has alot of history pushing alot of stuff in our gaming experience cause they benefit alot with plenty $$ in their accounts.

In the end the UI on my part worked fine with no bugs except milking my account on PTS :cap_haloween:

[KRTC]
Players
5 posts
3,219 battles

Nauseica you are right, it´s the company who decides in which way they want to make money....

On PTS they can milk as long as they want ... and bugs, never found one, but I´m only playing since 2018 and maybe I´ll find one

*wow* it´s not easy getting the sence in reading and answer in the right way....I´ve lost toooo much english words

WG Staff
2,945 posts
949 battles
On 5/10/2021 at 11:16 AM, Ridicully66 said:

Hi JaC,

thanks for your reply!

In my opinion it would be great if there are ships available...

Or another possibility would be, to install a normal market for ships and resources, like on ebay...

There you can get a fee for every transaction, for example for every ship from Tier I to IX, maybe 50cent, and above Tier X and promo Ships 1€..

We´ll see what happens!

Have a great week, cu

Exactly, let's see what happens when the update lands on the main server. Thanks for all your ideas! 😊

[DKMNL]
Players
88 posts
2,595 battles
On 5/10/2021 at 12:18 PM, Ridicully66 said:

Nauseica you are right, it´s the company who decides in which way they want to make money....

On PTS they can milk as long as they want ... and bugs, never found one, but I´m only playing since 2018 and maybe I´ll find one

*wow* it´s not easy getting the sence in reading and answer in the right way....I´ve lost toooo much english words

Dear mate,

A) there is a German section on the forum where you could post in your native language in case you feel to have problems with writing and reading in English

B) you wish for expanding the items (i.e. ships) rather than only signals, flags and resources will lead to extra ordinary prices for those ships. As example you can watch the below mentioned link to give you an idea where that leads to.

C) The Black will return for coal in the upcoming months as WeeGee has stated in the past, so that ship can be obtained by you in a normal way.

So, no auction for ships or legendary upgrades to my opinion in WoWs......

[KRTC]
Players
5 posts
3,219 battles

Good morning Rubytow,

yes, you´re right, there´s a german section, but I think here are more members

and I like it here.

B) Again you are right, that´s what happens. Didn´t think of it an I didn´t know that there is a black market for these items.

So there is no need for any type of auction, for me it´s not necessary to gain resources in auctions...

C) Didn´t notice thes statement that the Black will return ... so I have to collect more coal

Thanks for your reply!

Have a nice week!

• Cool 2

[SRBG]
Players
4 posts
2,905 battles

What happens with the j ***** kidney test, I spend all 30,000 gold coins and spent almost all the silver coinsonly crap eat g **** something to take me here 200 300 500 EUR on my EU account and then again I play only for my soul but it's not nice to use you for giving this gift and this I am not a single gift from them that with me and I will never go back to their mouths againand that to say once again because of you I started playing So I will continue and j *** I don't want anything from you for your gifts nor will they ever sign up for again and why didn't you give me this I haven't even seen koalas, and the gold coins that I gave for flags and other crap, too, so by God, j ***** you are a game andfellow world of warship players i don't mean you personally i mean those who program it intended steel program their these that play Sorry on youtube and working [edited] to I subscribe Ma j ***** se

ScreenShot_20210519024256.png

ScreenShot_20210519024244.png

ScreenShot_20210519024035.png