You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RamboCras

Blapping CVs with Yama/Musashi: spotting plane

192 comments in this topic

Players
1,068 posts
9,310 battles
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

Blapping a CV for first blood should give 100x Supercontainers through a special achievement.

It kinda should. It's not as easy as it sounds. That said, when I see Yamato or Shikishima in the game, I don't stay in spawn (well, I never stay in spawn anyway, but that's a different conversation). More often than not, the reds will attempt some shots, I'll take 5k damage or something and that's that. Sometimes, the red CV will keep spotting me, which is great, cause then I can proceed to dismantle his team unopposed.

• Cool 3

[VLOOT]
Players
357 posts
22,203 battles
2 minutes ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

It kinda should. It's not as easy as it sounds. That said, when I see Yamato or Shikishima in the game, I don't stay in spawn (well, I never stay in spawn anyway, but that's a different conversation). More often than not, the reds will attempt some shots, I'll take 5k damage or something and that's that. Sometimes, the red CV will keep spotting me, which is great, cause then I can proceed to dismantle his team unopposed.

The game I was in, the CV tried to park behind a rock, but the arc was enough so he was gone in no time.

How does the armoured flight deck handle Yama/Musashi shells?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
2,942 posts
34,690 battles

I think CV planes are also weak as they take incoming damage from op AA of surface ships. Solution is, remove AA and dfaa from all ships, increase the armor thickness of CVs and don’t give any spotter planes to surface ships that  can reach CVs. Players who interfere with CVs griefing other players safely. should be punished, too. After all CVs are the weakest class in the game...

• Cool 11
  • Funny 12

Beta Tester
2,311 posts
13,216 battles
23 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

Dear Wargaming,

Isn't it a bit silly to give Yama and Musashi with 26.x km range a spotting plane.

Today in 2 games, the CV spots the enemy CV, which is still parked, and the BB blaps it, 2 minutes into the game, CV gone, game basically already over.

WHY a spotting plane on these ships with already a ridiculous range?

I dont understand what the big fuss is about? So a CV once in a blue moon get shot at? The same thing that happens to every other surface ship ALL THE TIME?! Yeah, so just .... dodge! Isnt that the "go to" answer for OP CV attacks? And having a stationary CV player, not arsed to move his ship at all, getting blapped at start is probably not that big of a deal. Most CV games there is 1 good CV players Vs 1 useless, so its probably more useful if he is dead.

• Cool 16

Players
3,116 posts
1 hour ago, RamboCras said:

Dear Wargaming,

Isn't it a bit silly to give Yama and Musashi with 26.x km range a spotting plane.

Today in 2 games, the CV spots the enemy CV, which is still parked, and the BB blaps it, 2 minutes into the game, CV gone, game basically already over.

My friend that tactic started as a meme a long time ago, if your CV got blapped after seeing a Musa or Yama present for the reds he must buy you all a drink. It is his fault. If a yama nicks me at start, I sink it first as retaliation. No ifs and buts. 3 mins and he's gone.

Anyway seriously though, always move your CV depending on map and line ups, can't fault people for shooting a fat stationary target. I shoot CVs with yama too, first thing.

It also has historical precedent as Yama did blap a CVL in real life.

• Cool 6

Players
2,775 posts
21,129 battles

You lucky devil seeing a legendary 899 division something many of us are not lucky enough to experience without being one of said division.  

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,976 posts
21,241 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

Blapping a CV for first blood should give 100x Supercontainers through a special achievement.

Exactly.

Blapping a CV is the equivalent of taking meds to remove arse fungus and should be rewarded! 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6

Players
4,897 posts
21,352 battles
1 hour ago, RamboCras said:

To blap CV's. :cap_like:

• Cool 11
  • Funny 5

[SM0KE]
Players
7,545 posts
16,172 battles
14 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Blapping a CV is the equivalent of taking meds to remove arse fungus and should be rewarded! 

Glorious turn of phrase, sir - I salute you!

Personally, I file sinking CVs under "doing the Lord's work", although I don't get to do it very often myself unless said CV is the mightiest of potatoes...

• Cool 6

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,211 posts
21,907 battles

If your CV gets killed by 899 he probably wasn't a CV worth keeping around to begin with anyway, so who cares?

• Cool 9
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1

[NECRO]
Players
4,477 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, RamboCras sagte:

You had only ONE CV???

• Funny 7

Players
2,775 posts
21,129 battles
2 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

And the Lord looked down from His high abode, and beheld a CV.

And He saw how this CV went on to rain Fire and Brimstone down on the ships of Men,

and these Men were without Counterplay,

for the CV was Reworked.

And the Lord was wroth, seeing that Reworked CV:s were bad Bad for the Game.

And so the Lord sent two Musashis and a Graf Zeppelin down to do His work,

and they smote the CV with great wrath from afar, and from their spawn points did they Blap him.

And there was much rejoicing at the gates of S:t Peter,

though less so in S:t Petersburg.

Amen 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Players
247 posts
6,707 battles

Oh no, poor CV can't just sit back and dump on people without retaliation every once in a while. The horror. I'll play a song on my puny violin tonight.

• Funny 5

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,615 posts
16,810 battles
2 hours ago, RamboCras said:

Dear Wargaming,

CVs shoud expoled and sink if they get spoted. Each time. :) 

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
3,936 posts
18,027 battles

All these hatefull comments towards CVs.

Come on, these are just players who want to enjoy the game.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Players
1,028 posts
6,089 battles

I always, always take that first, long range spotter plane shot at the CV in my Yama. It will never sink the damn thing (unless it's broadside), but at least it's a friendly reminder of its own mortality. Keeps the buggers humble.

Memento mori.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
4,897 posts
21,352 battles
14 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

All these hatefull comments towards CVs.

Come on, these are just players who want to enjoy the game.

By making the game less enjoyable for many others ^^

Comon, let the people have their wrath every now and then :cap_horn:

• Cool 13
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[SHAD]
Players
4,415 posts
16,490 battles

The game I was in, the CV tried to park behind a rock, but the arc was enough so he was gone in no time.

How does the armoured flight deck handle Yama/Musashi shells?

Armoured flight deck is very strong at range. Tier 10 CVs are fairly tanky when angles from long range battleship AP.

Tier 8 CVs are overmatched almost everywhere.

• Cool 2

Players
2,942 posts
34,690 battles
6 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Armoured flight deck is very strong at range. Tier 10 CVs are fairly tanky when angles from long range battleship AP.

Tier 8 CVs are overmatched almost everywhere.

Gopher, I can’t reach you via message, are you in the game?

[FMJ]
Players
182 posts

, CV gone, game basically already over

Sounds like an over powered ship to me if its that important. Nerf those carriers.

Getting blapped just because an enemy plane spotted you is exactly what happens to every other ship. Why should a carrier be any different.

Its not an island airfield turn the engine on.

24 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

these are just players who want to enjoy the game

...by griefing everyone else.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1