You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Warship Size Comparison: Battleships

35 comments in this topic

Players
1,432 posts

can someone explain what criteria were used in picking the ships - because it doesn't make any sense for me?

Also South Caroline?!

COME ON WG!!!!!

Players
494 posts
5,643 battles
Just now, CastorTolagi said:

can someone explain what criterias were use in picking the shown ships - because it doesn't make any sense for me?

Also South Caroline?!

COME ON WG!!!!!

Ones that were actually built and launched, which makes far more sense than displaying a load of paper Russian ships.

• Cool 1

[LX]
Players
432 posts
23,553 battles

Me near the end of the video : Hhhm, Commonwealth is getting a BB? I wonder what that is going to be?

A few moments later : Oh dear WG :cap_haloween:

Those couple of mistakes aside, it was interesting to watch

Players
1,432 posts
Vor 8 Minuten, Mavewreck sagte:

Ones that were actually built and launched, which makes far more sense than displaying a load of paper Russian ships. 

Where is Amagi in that case and why is there Normandie for example.

Both would be finished as Aircraft carrier.

Also PEF was never lauched herself (only 2 of her sisters) and never finished while Caracciolo and Izmail were lauched but also never finished.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,672 posts
4,602 battles
Před 20 minutami CastorTolagi řekl/a:

can someone explain what criteria were used in picking the ships - because it doesn't make any sense for me?

Also South Caroline?!

COME ON WG!!!!!

It is written in the article: In the video we take a look at the ships of this type featured in World of Warships that have actually been built and launched.

Well, typo happens...

Před 10 minutami CastorTolagi řekl/a:

Where is Amagi in that case and why is there Normandie for example.

Both would be finished as Aircraft carrier.

Also PEF was never lauched herself (only 2 of her sisters) and never finished while Caracciolo and Izmail were lauched but also never finished.

Amagi was never finished, contstruction of her was cancelled after huge earthquake.

Normandie and also Izmail were launched, but not finished.

• Cool 1

[O-V]
Players
184 posts
10,176 battles

Pretty but pointless ...Or pretty pointless ..Errr

Players
1,432 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, YabbaCoe sagte:

Amagi was never finished, contstruction of her was cancelled after huge earthquake.

But good question about Normandie, honestly.

Akagi was finished as an Aircraft carrier. So if you include CV conversions than Amagi 100% deserves to be in that video. Or you remove Normandie - both is possible

Also:

Viribus Unitis is NOT A COMMONWEALTH SHIP FFS

Also Also: Why are both Gangut and Oktober in the video - it is literally the same ship. You dont have Texas next to NY. Was it too embarrassing to show a single Soviet ship?!

• Cool 1

[-RNR-]
Players
1,429 posts

I enjoyed it way more than Monsters and Robots, Thank's WG  :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,672 posts
4,602 battles
Před 7 minutami CastorTolagi řekl/a:

Akagi was finished as an Aircraft carrier. So if you include CV conversions than Amagi 100% deserves to be in that video. Or you remove Normandie - both is possible

Also:

Viribus Unitis is NOT A COMMONWEALTH SHIP FFS

Also Also: Why are both Gangut and Oktober in the video - it is literally the same ship. You dont have Texas next to NY. Was it too embarrassing to show a single Soviet ship?!

Akagi yes, but we don't have Akagi in game. Amagi was never launched, so unfortunately it couldn't have been placed to this video.

I corrected myself with Normandie, after searching for info.

Commonwealth for Viribus is a mistake and it was reported.

Though Okt. Revolutsiya is basically Gangut refitted, still you can see, that this ship got prolonged by this refit, kinda made that as a new ship.

• Cool 2

[ROUGH]
Players
501 posts
20,072 battles
5 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Amagi was never launched

srsly?

EDIT ok, apparently Amagi hull was destroyed by earthauake before the launching

Players
1,432 posts

Vor 7 Minuten, YabbaCoe sagte:

Akagi yes, but we don't have Akagi in game. Amagi was never launched, so unfortunately it couldn't have been placed to this video. 

You dont have Bearn in the game either.....

And I thought the Tech Trees are always representative of the whole class and not one ship.

Kongo in the game isn't Kongo but actually Hiei, Lexington is actually Saratoga and so on.

Players
1,432 posts
Vor 9 Minuten, YabbaCoe sagte:

Though Okt. Revolutsiya is basically Gangut refitted, still you can see, that this ship got prolonged by this refit, kinda made that as a new ship. 

With that you can also add Texas which got heavily modified compared to New York as well.

And West Virginia which is the not modified Colorado before Colorado got her extensive refit late war.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
2,023 posts
14,985 battles

That royal navy comparison would look a bit different if we had more battlecruisers in there.

Also amusing that hood is less than 1 meter shorter than Yamato, didn't realise this before.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,672 posts
4,602 battles
Před 42 minutami CastorTolagi řekl/a:

You dont have Bearn in the game either.....

And I thought the Tech Trees are always representative of the whole class and not one ship.

Kongo in the game isn't Kongo but actually Hiei, Lexington is actually Saratoga and so on.

Kongo itself was released and therefore its model in WoWs is represented in this video.

Same comes from Lexington.

In both cases those sisterships, which are basically the same in length.

Před 35 minutami HMS_Edinburgh_C16 řekl/a:

WG i have no idea wtf are you smoking, but i wanna try that crap too

What is wrong?

Před 30 minutami CastorTolagi řekl/a:

With that you can also add Texas which got heavily modified compared to New York as well.

And West Virginia which is the not modified Colorado before Colorado got her extensive refit late war.

Still Texas and New York are same class with same lenght, also West Virginia to Colorado. Actually with Colorado, during that refit she only got different guns, but her hull weren't changed.

[FAILS]
Players
808 posts
22,579 battles

I like videos like that and also the fact that you excluded paper ships. I guess you had to include ships that were launched, but not completed, otherwise it would be quite empty for Russia/USSR (only two ships, which are actually the same ship). Just a shame that we could not get real-looking Kaiser, König and Bayern because of a certain hull removal wave in the last patch.

• Cool 1

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,672 posts
4,602 battles
Před 7 minutami Ymustihaveaname řekl/a:

No Warspite or DoY for RN?

Warspite is a sistership to Queen Elisabeth, DoY to King George V., so they are same size.

It is the same reason, why Tirpitz or Gneisenau are not there...

Players
1,995 posts
10,778 battles
20 minuti fa, YabbaCoe ha scritto:

Warspite is a sistership to Queen Elisabeth, DoY to King George V., so they are same size.

Hey!

May I recieve a wallpaper of the image of the 4 battleships stationed together? (of the article or the youtube thumbnail if possible)

[FLUTE]
Players
7 posts
7,406 battles
39 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Even though they had all different dimensions...

• Cool 1

[-MCD-]
Players
87 posts
11,913 battles
2 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

What is wrong?

:Smile_teethhappy: Absolutely nothing, he (and probably others) just want to try it !!! :Smile_veryhappy:

[IJN]
Players
138 posts
4,045 battles

Is this still true ?

Spoiler

kpei3eb.pngXXC5sAJ.pngy2m5Vba.pngc0CZaO8.png

If it is then i'm very dissapointed that the ships in the game are not historical accurate in their scales especially when WG keeps making this kind of video which doesn't reflect on their video game...

(and oh, Zao needs buff.)

• Boring 1

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,672 posts
4,602 battles
Před 15 hodinami arquata2019 řekl/a:

Hey!

May I recieve a wallpaper of the image of the 4 battleships stationed together? (of the article or the youtube thumbnail if possible)

With those 4 BBs most likely not, but I can take a look for that Youtube thumbnail

Před 15 hodinami Belal24 řekl/a:

Even though they had all different dimensions...

Strange, that some sources are showing different length of Scharnhorst to Gneisenau, but some sources show them as same, as they were sisterships.

• Cool 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
34,340 battles

This fly-by from an "diagonal" perspective is pretty but tells little. At least it doesn´t show what it wants to show: the SIZE-difference.

Put the ships right next to each other and show them directly top-down. Because this "look, there is one ship and over there is another" tells me absolutely nothing about how much bigger Yamato is than Mikasa.

Again WG puts effort into something which misses its purpose.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,672 posts
4,602 battles
Před 17 hodinami arquata2019 řekl/a:

Hey!

Oktyabrina_Vittorio_veneto_Iowa_Yamato_BB_Previews_Steam_800x450_wg_spb_wows.jpg

Oktyabrina_Vittorio_veneto_Iowa_Yamato_BB_Previews_Portal_1200x790_wg_spb_wows.jpg

• Cool 1