Server Restart - On the 17/09 the server will be unavailable for 1 hour Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Oblivion_NPC

T5-T8 for CO-OP

11 comments in this topic

Players
11 posts
1,830 battles

I am a CO-OP player mostly. I prefer the T1-T2 PvP because of no CV'S, smaller scale fights (1v1 up to 3v3 is what I prefer) and only guns and wits. I played some t5-t6 randoms and I hated the meta. It is unrealistic and boring for my taste, so I prefer the fast paced brawls in CO-OP or low tier PvP. But since low tier does not help you with missions, now I am stuck with CO-OP and Ops.

I loved Fiji, Leander, Budyonny, Nurnberg and Konigsberg. Even Aoba in Ops (long range HE spammer and then try to yolo torp any nearby BB).

I am currently aiming for Myoko, Amagi, Sinop, Helena, Hipper, German BB line up to Bismack and Farragut (US DD's can kill the bot DD that comes for them like hell using smoke and pewpew).

I am not sure though about Mogami, Nagato, IJN torps DD line,  which USN cruisers to keep and which to sell, if Shchors and Chappy are any good or trash (opinions vary greatly there), and how is the rest of the USSR cruiser lines. I heard that Hinderburg is worth the grind, but not sure about Yorck, Roon and Hipper. 
The RN cruisers Leander and Fiji were my favs, due to smoke and other tools. But what happens after Fiji? Should I stop there or keep grinding the line?

In lower tiers where bots are not harsh I could sail straight between 2 BB in my cruiser and torp them both with 6 torps per side. Paradise. This is why I like cruisers with torps, but after tier 5/6 the bot AI and targeting changes. In these few km between you and them they can really send you to the port with a few shots. And hiding does not work in CO-OP most of the time. You have to be fast to do damage, or you will gain nothing. Others will get the kills, especially DD's which sneak after their mirror DD and go straight for the BB's behind. They also use the time you try to to evade BB salvos to get close and steal the kills you were struggling to get. And I hate them for it. 

So I still prefer cruisers with torps, even if they are situational. I have a replay in my Aoba here and they changed the course of the fight.

I am looking for advice on what to pick, what to grind and what to keep, since online search gives threads 2-6 years old. Considering I am liking the weekly OPs and CO-OP give me some help mostly on cruisers. BB's are great and I know which ones to pick. SinOP and German brawlers are my top priorities. This is my playstyle in BB's:

I have asked too much, and I thank you in advance for your help.

[-N5C-]
Players
264 posts
16,523 battles

If you want coop cruiser yolo torping, go for Hipper.

• Cool 1

Players
211 posts
23 hours ago, Oblivion_NPC said:

(US DD's can kill the bot DD that comes for them like hell using smoke and pewpew).

This is a job for the Brit single torping DD's an CL/CA's. You don't even need to send all torps in there just a couple in a row (just wait till the enemy bot close enough. He's trying to ram you even if you're in smoke). The result is so satisfying. Just make sure you can go away after that ;)

Regarding Mogami, she's a solid performer in coop. just keep the enemy at range and kite away if they chasing you (they will, they're bots) sou you can use your torps frequently! ;)

I have found the best yolo cruisers are the Soviets in coop.

GL&HF;)

Players
11 posts
1,830 battles
58 minutes ago, LonesomePolecat said:

This is a job for the Brit single torping DD's an CL/CA's. You don't even need to send all torps in there just a couple in a row (just wait till the enemy bot close enough. He's trying to ram you even if you're in smoke). The result is so satisfying. Just make sure you can go away after that ;)

Regarding Mogami, she's a solid performer in coop. just keep the enemy at range and kite away if they chasing you (they will, they're bots) sou you can use your torps frequently! ;)

I have found the best yolo cruisers are the Soviets in coop.

GL&HF;)

Oh yeah this is true, the single torping ships are a good choice when you do not want to use all these 5 torps on 1 dd. I am also deselecting them before launching to negate their magical dodgind capabilities. And observing other players in Ops, this is becoming the norm now. WG will have to improve the bot AI concerning torps evading.

Nice, I am liking Myoko right now (it is tanky) and had some pretty nice games. A cruiser without smoke will not survive long if focused by 4 enemy bots before even managing to go behind an island (yeah hate open water maps in cruisers), so I hope some dd will use some smart smoke and not aselfish smoke. The difference between these 2 smokes is obvious. They will use smoke to their advantage so the bots focus target and kill you while they gain time and the enemy gets closer to them to get stealth torped. And I hate them for that xD

Which Soviet cruisers exactly? I have read bad opinions about Shchors and Chapayev. How are the rest (both lines)? I can only say that I saw a video about Petropavlovsk and it was nicknamed PetroCITADELovsk. It was citadeling Kremlins...

I am also gathering coal, to buy Pommern, since the t10 coal cruisers are not that great.

Players
211 posts
8 hours ago, Oblivion_NPC said:

Oh yeah this is true, the single torping ships are a good choice when you do not want to use all these 5 torps on 1 dd. I am also deselecting them before launching to negate their magical dodgind capabilities. And observing other players in Ops, this is becoming the norm now. WG will have to improve the bot AI concerning torps evading.

Nice, I am liking Myoko right now (it is tanky) and had some pretty nice games. A cruiser without smoke will not survive long if focused by 4 enemy bots before even managing to go behind an island (yeah hate open water maps in cruisers), so I hope some dd will use some smart smoke and not aselfish smoke. The difference between these 2 smokes is obvious. They will use smoke to their advantage so the bots focus target and kill you while they gain time and the enemy gets closer to them to get stealth torped. And I hate them for that xD

Which Soviet cruisers exactly? I have read bad opinions about Shchors and Chapayev. How are the rest (both lines)? I can only say that I saw a video about Petropavlovsk and it was nicknamed PetroCITADELovsk. It was citadeling Kremlins...

I am also gathering coal, to buy Pommern, since the t10 coal cruisers are not that great.

Oh Pommern! This is a ship you mast have! She’s striking! She’s sooo versatile! She’s like Scharnhors on steroids! Or like the mighty Torpitz but more. A very good ship for both PvP and PvE!

Regarding the russians, I have some good experience widy the CL line from Chapayev and above. They can do decent matches even in coop. You just take the flanks and

a)stay in the 2nd line and spam HE (with IFHE of course)

b) storm them furiously and unleash your torps and anger and take 2 of them with you to the bottom :,D

Joke aside , Tallin is decent. German engineering (ex-Seydlitz: Hipper class, good hp, good armour) and soviet steel (180mm guns with decent AP).

If you’re a free-to-play player thats it (Riga and Petro don't have torps), but if you don’t mind sinking some cash into it, take a look on Bagration. Decent heavy cruiser with good guns useable torps and heal. I’ve put Kutuzov aside since I’m having that ship...

Regarding Mogami, I prefer to use the 203mm guns over the 155mm ones. They deal far more damage (both ap & he). She’s got very accurate guns. I’m normaly use the distance to my advantage and for cover: if getting focused just silence your guns and go stealth (and spam torps if possible). Concealment build is essential on Jp cruisers I would say.

GL&HF;)

[-TPF-]
Players
4,898 posts
20,008 battles
On 4/22/2021 at 2:13 PM, Nit0 said:

If you want coop cruiser yolo torping, go for Hipper.

Hipper is great. She is small enough to dodge, has enough armour to avoid overmatch, decent guns/AA, hydro and enough torpedoes to sink two battleships in one YOLO. I agree that you need lots of torps in co-op, too - there's nothing wrong with Baltimore and Cleveland but you can get lost in the damage rush without torps, especially at Tier IX-X. 

I would recommend Hipper, Tallinn (great AP), Mogami and Edinburgh for Tier VIII Co-op cruiser play, they're good fun and effective. For a full line, the German and IJN cruisers are great, followed by the British CAs. The Brit Tier VIII (Albemarle) is very squishy but Drake (IX) and Goliath (X) have decent armour, guns and torpedoes without being so big that you might as well have brought a BB.  

On 4/23/2021 at 2:38 AM, LonesomePolecat said:

Oh Pommern! This is a ship you mast have! She’s striking! She’s sooo versatile! She’s like Scharnhors on steroids! Or like the mighty Torpitz but more. A very good ship for both PvP and PvE!

Pommern is great,  - so great she makes Tier IX Cruisers redundant. Big guns, strong armour, excellent secondaries, torpedoes and hydro. Decent speed, too. I have an Agir but there's no point playing it, Pommern is just better. 

Players
11 posts
1,830 battles

Thanks everyone for the advice. Atm I am grinding SinOP and yeah, it is a very strong ship. The only problem it has is the one that all BB's share in CO-OP: Manage to get in place to deal damage before your team DD's roll our of their smoke and torp everything. If most of your team dies or if you get in those sweet matches where it is only 2 humans, well...20210428192302_1.thumb.jpg.c925ed57c4f3e3e34861e1ff1693265d.jpg20210428192258_1.thumb.jpg.18401385b8ae1ef8071074583c844e69.jpg

Now...back to cruisers. Yeah I am a masochist. In order to go to Hipper, I have to get past Yorck. Is it any good for those yolo torpedo rushes that everyone likes? I work hard to get my Death ratio to 4+. Before I got Sinop it had fallen to 3.79, now it got back to 3.9 and I am sure that later tonight when less players will be on, I will get it even further. Will Yorck work, or I will have to kite and spam HE? Same question goes for Shchors. Should I even buy perma camo for them at all? I am also considering going full Ops (at least when people are online), which are slightly different mentality than CO-OP. I.e. no need to rush to get kills, sometimes just spamming HE from the backlines is good enough, more cooperation between players. In Ops, I am sure Mogami and Helena are top. But let's leave USN cruiser lines out for now. 

Some experiences I had with the "stupid bots" these days. They seldom sail in straight lines anymore. Cruisers turn to throw you torps from the other side. All of them know when you load AP and they turn to show you their bow. Bot DD's are rumored to delete human DD's 40% of the time. They are using torps in a way that you either die or expose your broadsides to the BB that follows close behind. I will maybe upload a game where you can see that bots had roles in their team. A DD kept capping. The BB's stayed back, sailed parallelly to the DD and assisted targets etc. I have seen BB's turn 180 degrees and kite my poor cruiser. And ofc, CV's going behind islands so I have to waste even more time chasing them. The only annoying attitude of bots is that they  most of the time form a derp train and all together go towards one map area. The players who spawn there get the kills or get roflstomped. In both cases it is silly, since you either deal low damage or the match drags too long. 

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
418 posts
9,982 battles

Yorck is very good for co-op. It can tank 356mm, it is short and maneuverable, 6 torps on each side, good guns (AP and HE) , good range. 

I enjoyed my Yorck and Hipper grinds very much. Yolo torp everything, plus the 68s reload for them is really nice.

The real problem of the line is Roon, only 4 torps per side. I actually used whatever free xp I had to skip it. Honestly, If WG gave Mainz 2x4 torp banks per side, they good have given them to Roon as well.

When you get the Hindi, then you will know what bliss is. :D 

For me Hindi and Mainz are godly in co-op. Having Mainz is why I sold my Hipper and Yorck.:Smile_great:

I also got the extra torp damage on my captain. It takes the torps from 13k+ damage to 15k+ damage.

[THESO]
Players
1,661 posts
19,350 battles

Hipper. It has a 27mm bow that can bounce 380mm shells. That is your best bet rushing BBs, The torps are a bit weak for the tier but you get 6 per side

A good ship, but T5 is Emerald. It combines a smoke with 8 torps per side, so you can smoke up and shoot until a target gets within 4.7km. Then you can rush and dump your torps.

Not having a citadel however helps a lot, so DDs are a much better choice.

And ofc BB-wise the Gneisenau, cause it has secondaries, torpedoes and can citadel in drive-bys.

Players
11 posts
1,830 battles

Thanks for the advice guys. I will really get further in the German Cruiser line now.

As for Emerald, I played it and I think Leander and Fiji were better so I sold it :)

Which DD's exactly? I was about to buy Farragut, but I heard contradicting opinions. IJN torp line maybe? Which ones?

Gneiss is top priority as is Pommern. 

Sign in to follow this