You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bloodynicknames

Has the Hindenburg become the most annoying HE spammer now ?

45 comments in this topic

Players
445 posts
12,835 battles

I'm kinda curious. 

Have a feeling that ever since the commander "rework"(cant say what i'd call this mess cause otherweise, y'know, censorship) these things just annoy the hell out of me. 
Before they were somewhat of a multitool boat that you'd usually find around 15km and at that distance you could deal with them. 

But all I see nowadays is these guys sitting at 18-20km, spamming HE and being a pita to hit at that distance. Even with Stalin blessed Petro guns its a challenge for the least to say. 

Now I have the Hindenburg and have tried it with new commander skills, and yeah, it works if you play it that way and its easy to farm stupid amounts of damage but really, this cant be it. 

Seems WG has take another ship that was intended as being multi-purpose and thanks to the commander skills has converted it into yet another cookie cutter HE spammer. 

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,380 posts
11,390 battles
Just now, bloodynicknames said:

But all I see nowadays is these guys sitting at 18-20km, spamming HE and being a pita to hit at that distance. Even with Stalin blessed Petro guns its a challenge for the least to say. 

"Even kleber is faster than gearing."

And no. Thunderer is by far the most annoying one imo.

Players
445 posts
12,835 battles
Just now, SV_Kompresor said:

"Even kleber is faster than gearing."

And no. Thunderer is by far the most annoying one imo.

well, i should've added "Most annoying cruiser". 

yes, kleber is annoying af. thunderer, not so much thanks to the usual driver being a potato that thinks hes untouchable when showing flat broadside to your montana at 20km. 

[PISH]
Players
522 posts
4,956 battles

Okay humor me this. Which of the new skills in your opinion change the Hindi's playstyle? The ship is still jack of all trades master of none and there are far, far worse HE boats you can meet. Goliath, Colbert, Austin and Smolensk for example.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
32,484 posts
16,252 battles
  • the player decides the range
  • when a player decides to farm damage from max distance, he gives up influence over the outcome of the battle
  • when somebody else spams you from that distance, ignore him and take out closer targets
  • when there are no other closer targets, just stealth up

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,380 posts
11,390 battles
6 minutes ago, bloodynicknames said:

yes, kleber is annoying af

No, you didn't get my meaning. You were acting like petro is supposed to be a long range ship.

Here, I'll change my wording: "even gneisenau struggles with hitting DDs at long range".

As for this topic: just about any cruiser can be an annoying HE spammer if the player plays it like that. It all depends on the situation.

[PISH]
Players
522 posts
4,956 battles

I would also be curious what ship you were playing when the Hindi spammed you. Might we have a replay?

Players
1,024 posts
6,058 battles
2 minutes ago, Bratoev said:

Okay humor me this. Which of the new skills in your opinion change the Hindi's playstyle? The ship is still jack of all trades master of none and there are far, far worse HE boats you can meet. Goliath, Colbert, Austin and Smolensk for example.

I would rather face any of those ships than a well played Hindi. The combination of long range, reasonable agility, and trolly armor means that thing just farms you as a BB, and it's extremely difficult to deal with it. Most of the other ships mentioned here are squishy, and/or have shortish range, so they can actually be punished. I don't think a Hindi is the most influential HE spammer in the game, but it's certainly one of the most annoying.

[PISH]
Players
522 posts
4,956 battles
11 minutes ago, arttuperkunas said:

I would rather face any of those ships than a well played Hindi. The combination of long range, reasonable agility, and trolly armor means that thing just farms you as a BB, and it's extremely difficult to deal with it. Most of the other ships mentioned here are squishy, and/or have shortish range, so they can actually be punished. I don't think a Hindi is the most influential HE spammer in the game, but it's certainly one of the most annoying.

If the Hindi can spam you with impunity your position is not optimal. The range is dependent on the spotter plane which is not up 100% of the time. Also. If you see an angled cruiser you are certain you can't overmatch return fire with HE. Sure cruisers don't burn as much but enough damage will force him to go dark.

[JRM]
Players
8,244 posts

@OP Nope, you can ask the guys tnat were on the other side yesterday evening when I was farming hits for cruiser main guns for dockyard in my Colbert what was worse me or the Hindi next to me... 505 hits in one of the matches and 350+ on average... :Smile_hiding:

However on Hindi was always decent spammer if built for it esp with Lutiens

Players
445 posts
12,835 battles
2 minutes ago, Bratoev said:

If the Hindi can spam you with impunity your position is not optimal. The range is dependent on the spotter plane which is not up 100% of the time. Also. If you see an angled cruiser you are certain you can't overmatch return fire with HE. Sure cruisers don't burn as much but enough damage will force him to go dark.

fella, you talk the talk but looking at your numbers you dont really walk the walk as the saying goes. you do below average damage in the hindenburg so dont try and tell me what it can and cant do. 

You always ask for replays, I'll do you one better, take out your Conqueror or Thunderer(no surprise there...) and face me in my Hindenburg, promise you you'll be dead before i'm even at 50% health. 

that being said, back to the matter at hand. 

I didnt say influential, I do agree that its not influential, when I wanna do that i'm not taking the Hindenburg but a wooster or radar mino(if were sticking with cruisers). 

26 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • the player decides the range
  • when a player decides to farm damage from max distance, he gives up influence over the outcome of the battle
  • when somebody else spams you from that distance, ignore him and take out closer targets
  • when there are no other closer targets, just stealth up

Well, from playing a lot of HE spammy cruisers I can tell you what happens to players that ignore me, they die. 
As I said above, not gonna argue influence on a battle. 

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
32,484 posts
16,252 battles
5 minutes ago, bloodynicknames said:

Well, from playing a lot of HE spammy cruisers I can tell you what happens to players that ignore me, they die. 

That would mean everyone gets sunk as soon as you get targeted by 2+ players, since you ignore a least 1 enemy. That is not the case.

I prefer to take out the more dangerous tagets first and these are usually the ones closer to me and the game objective. HE spammers at 20km can wait.

• Cool 1

[PISH]
Players
522 posts
4,956 battles
15 minutes ago, bloodynicknames said:

fella, you talk the talk but looking at your numbers you dont really walk the walk as the saying goes. you do below average damage in the hindenburg so dont try and tell me what it can and cant do. 

Be that as it may I do pay attention to what those doing better then me in the Hindy do. So maybe i'm not basing my statement only on my own games. Regardless:

15 minutes ago, bloodynicknames said:

You always ask for replays, I'll do you one better, take out your Conqueror or Thunderer(no surprise there...) and face me in my Hindenburg, promise you you'll be dead before i'm even at 50% health. 

While I don't think you offer this in good faith I would use this opportunity to learn. So my Timezone is GMT+3. Name a convenient time. 
EDIT: Discord is Bratoev#0845 if it would make this easier.

• Cool 3

[OLEUM]
Players
122 posts
12,756 battles

My HE spammer of choice is Goliath for the 50+ mm pen.

Moskva lighthouse build with Legendary upgrade and Yoshino works well also.

• Cool 1

Players
2,138 posts
14,841 battles
20 minutes ago, bloodynicknames said:

that being said, back to the matter at hand. 

I didnt say influential, I do agree that its not influential, when I wanna do that i'm not taking the Hindenburg but a wooster or radar mino(if were sticking with cruisers). 

Both Conqueror and Thunderer outspot you. If the BB player knows what he's doing, I doubt it.

There are other cruisers as annoying as Hindenburg if they decide to HE spam, some of whom can shoot from behind islands or smoke whereas you are pretty much forced to shoot from open water with Hindy. And if you are running range module you'll be perma-spotted. 51k will only get you that far.

[LSCA]
Players
2,004 posts
14,995 battles

in right hands the Hindenburg is annoying yes, it pisses me always off when i play with bb at ranked

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
458 posts
14,348 battles

Just slap a HE spammer with AP, they soon lose interest in farming you. 

Players
1,024 posts
6,058 battles
1 hour ago, Bratoev said:

Eh no. Or rather, not necessarily.

In a BB, you generally want to pick a position from which you can influence most of the map and create crossfires. As part of that, you have to accept aggravating pains in the arse like long range HE spammers and CV attacks. The cost of mitigating these pains in the arse (taking your guns out of the fight) is often higher than the pain of suffering the constant HP attrition they deal out. Let's not pretend that long range HE spam is something that is solely a problem for bad players. It's a feature of the game/meta at high tier.

Players
1,024 posts
6,058 battles
25 minutes ago, iFax said:

Yeah, "just slap a kiting hindi at max range with AP", because it's easy :). This thread wouldn't exist if it was simple or easy, brah. In fact part of the point of these lighthouse builds is luring BBs into wasting valuable salvos on them, where they either miss or do negligible damage.

[LSCA]
Players
2,004 posts
14,995 battles
27 minutes ago, iFax said:

but alot good players at ranked knows how to cover against bbs by use right angle,  killing them is not always that easy, and that 30 sec reload time not makes that easier

Players
3,116 posts

I'd like the replay of the duel posted cuz I think it is a very interesting and healthy way to solve arguments :)

Players
1,024 posts
6,058 battles
9 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

I'd like the replay of the duel posted cuz I think it is a very interesting and healthy way to solve arguments :)

I have to say, Bratoev's profile picture checks out in light of this :P.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,418 posts
9,988 battles
1 hour ago, bloodynicknames said:

You always ask for replays

Keep the big word for you and just show the replay.