You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Public Test of Update 0.10.4: Round 2

19 comments in this topic

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,701 posts
4,608 battles
Před 8 hodinami 300ConfirmedKills řekl/a:

The server is still up, but the Battle of the Beasts event is done? How am I supposed to do the mission?

Also on PT this event was time restricted, as also on live server it will be like that. So one part of testing that was also how players would manage to take part in limited time slot.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,701 posts
4,608 battles
V 8. 5. 2021 v 0:45 300ConfirmedKills řekl/a:

I didn't notice any deadline in the article but the PTS deadline. Is that going to be a feature on live too?

A deadline for PT? Or which you have in mind?

Public Tests usually runs from Thursday evening to Tuesday morning. There are usually two rounds of PT per update.

So now, Public Test server is not up.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,574 posts
10,693 battles
32 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Public Tests usually runs from Thursday evening to Tuesday morning. There are usually two rounds of PT per update.

I think he means the Time Limits for the Events.

Specifically the Battle of the Beasts Event.

Not the Daily Timeslot.

But that the Date on which the Event will be Removed from Liveserver.

On the PT the PT ended thus there being no need for the Event to End Seperately.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,701 posts
4,608 battles
Před 43 minutami Sunleader řekl/a:

I think he means the Time Limits for the Events.

Specifically the Battle of the Beasts Event.

Not the Daily Timeslot.

But that the Date on which the Event will be Removed from Liveserver.

On the PT the PT ended thus there being no need for the Event to End Seperately.

I see.

Well Battle of Beasts on PT was set differently, than it will be on live server. We mostly wanted to check the functionality, progress gathering, the visibilty of when it ends and also final table showing your results.

I know, that on PT it was short, but we had to do it like that for bot PT Rounds.

So on live server those dealines should be visible clear enough. Also there definitely will be separate article for Battle of Beasts prior to the release of 0.10.4 Update to live server.

• Cool 1

Players
611 posts
18,122 battles
Am 10.5.2021 um 08:46, YabbaCoe sagte:

It's pretty simple: the Battle of the Beasts event finished before the PT round did. That means that there was a deadline aside from the end of the PT round that was relevant to completing the PT missions. Nowhere in the relevant article was this deadline stated, or its existence even hinted at.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,701 posts
4,608 battles
Před 15 hodinami Tomtom011281 řekl/a:

can we have u-boats?

Not yet. As announced, Submarines will appear on special Public Test, but we haven't specified the date yet. We will announce arrival of that PT once it will be close to its release.

Před 6 hodinami 300ConfirmedKills řekl/a:

It's pretty simple: the Battle of the Beasts event finished before the PT round did. That means that there was a deadline aside from the end of the PT round that was relevant to completing the PT missions. Nowhere in the relevant article was this deadline stated, or its existence even hinted at.

Yes, it indeed finished sooner and as I mentioned it was intentional to test the funcitonality, also to use post-event table with a personal summary. But the deadline was on Monday, so there were plenty time to finish those menitoned PT missions.

Players
611 posts
18,122 battles
Vor 13 Stunden, YabbaCoe sagte:

Yes, it indeed finished sooner and as I mentioned it was intentional to test the funcitonality, also to use post-event table with a personal summary. But the deadline was on Monday, so there were plenty time to finish those menitoned PT missions.

There was no time to complete the missions if you didn't become aware of the secret deadline until entering PTS on Monday. Next time make sure all of the relevant deadlines for completing missions are stated on the PTS article so there are no unpleasant surprises.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,701 posts
4,608 battles
Před 10 hodinami 300ConfirmedKills řekl/a:

There was no time to complete the missions if you didn't become aware of the secret deadline until entering PTS on Monday. Next time make sure all of the relevant deadlines for completing missions are stated on the PTS article so there are no unpleasant surprises.

There was time from Thursday evening until Monday somewhere midday. So more than 3 days to try to finish those missions around Battle of Beasts.

But on the live server it will be much longer and also all timeframes should be explained in particular articles, which will be published next week.

Players
8 posts
1,939 battles

Went to start PT -  only to find account tied to PT gone from the selection in Game Centre -  others as well, or just me?   Haven't logged a support ticket yet, just wondering if I've missed something....

Beta Tester
22 posts
4,266 battles

Same issue here. Game Center "erased" my PT account login data. Not cool.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,701 posts
4,608 battles
Před 5 hodinami Suppre55or řekl/a:

Went to start PT -  only to find account tied to PT gone from the selection in Game Centre -  others as well, or just me?   Haven't logged a support ticket yet, just wondering if I've missed something....

Před 38 minutami _Time2Die_ řekl/a:

Same issue here. Game Center "erased" my PT account login data. Not cool.

I understand that in a way, that if you use the same email address and therefore you have your PT account linked to live server one, you just need to be logged in once and with your one "epic" account you would be able to launch both.

But I will better check and clarify on that.

Beta Tester
22 posts
4,266 battles

It seems so, as previously game would not be launched with non PT account (specific message appeared and account swap to PT was popping-up), now PT server seems to be launching on my regular account, though it can not be confirmed entirely as PT is down now. I'd be glad if that indeed could be done with 1 account, as I do it for World of Tanks in years (I was surprised when I found out WoWs is using separate ACC for PT).    

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,701 posts
4,608 battles
Před 3 minutami _Time2Die_ řekl/a:

It seems so, as previously game would not be launched with non PT account (specific message appeared and account swap to PT was popping-up), now PT server seems to be launching on my regular account, though it can not be confirmed entirely as PT is down now. I'd be glad if that indeed could be done with 1 account, as I do it for World of Tanks in years (I was surprised when I found out WoWs is using separate ACC for PT).    

PT for 0.10.5 will be launched this week on Thursday, so we will have an option to check ourselves quite soon

Players
8 posts
1,939 battles

Thanks for confirming(?) my suspicions..   as another question re  PT, Thurs to Sun yes?  How long does it run for until being unavailable again - per version.    Thanks

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,701 posts
4,608 battles
Před 9 hodinami Suppre55or řekl/a:

Thanks for confirming(?) my suspicions..   as another question re  PT, Thurs to Sun yes?  How long does it run for until being unavailable again - per version.    Thanks

PT of a following version usually starts on Thursday after releasing previous update to live server and it lasts until Tuesday morning. Second round of the same PT starts on Thursday same week and ends again on Tuesday morning.

I can give you an example. We have Update 0.10.4 on live server since 20th May... PT for 0.10.5 will start on Thursday 27th May and will finish on 1st June. Second round of PT 0.10.5 will (most likely) start on 3rd June and will finish on 8th June.