Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

Spawnpeek rivisited: Does Deadeye change the CV punishment game?

10 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
32,422 posts
16,222 battles

It has always worked with Tier X CV. You are just more dependent on broadsides.

Players
2,740 posts
21,065 battles

I might be mistaken but I believe the reason it’s done with tier 8 CVs rather than tier 10 is to do with the armoured flight decks found on tier 10 CVs that can more effectively withstand long range shots when angled. 

• Cool 3

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, lovelacebeer said:

I might be mistaken but I believe the reason it’s done with tier 8 CVs rather than tier 10 is to do with the armoured flight decks found on tier 10 CVs that can more effectively withstand long range shots when angled. 

This

If the CV doesnt move (which actually a lot of CVs dont do), there is not much you can do, except spam HE. Not sure if that makes a lot of sense, and probably most BBs will shatter with HE too (not sure, how thick are the armored decks?)

[RJCTS]
Players
14 posts
3,449 battles
53 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

This

If the CV doesnt move (which actually a lot of CVs dont do), there is not much you can do, except spam HE. Not sure if that makes a lot of sense, and probably most BBs will shatter with HE too (not sure, how thick are the armored decks?)

The thickness of the armoured deck varies from like 50mm (on the Germans) to around 100mm on the Hakuryu and the core of the Audacious's deck.

Even when you do pen the T10s with AP though you'll almost never score a citadel on a deck hit in my experience.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
3 minutes ago, Bravo106 said:

Even when you do pen the T10s with AP though you'll almost never score a citadel on a deck hit in my experience.

But even AP pens deal like double the damage HE pens do for most ships, exception are UK and also IJN BBs with stronger HE Alpha. But with 100mm, IJN HE would actually shatter. If CVs would burn like other ships, this would be a viable tactic for TX, but since they dont, doing it on TX doesnt seem to make much sense.

[SHAD]
Players
4,403 posts
16,401 battles

I've seen people try it with two Thunderers and HE. It just takes too long to be helpful.

[OGHF]
Players
1,515 posts
25,998 battles

When you think about it, CV’s should burn like hell due to the amount of Avgas all over the ship, something WG needs to have a think about?

• Cool 1

Players
710 posts

WG says CV immune to fire comrade !

We can't have their bast***d love child CVs burning all the maps, bad enough trying to just get 1 fire or an AP hit !

[SHAD]
Players
4,403 posts
16,401 battles

They made CVs almost immune to fires to prevent CV sniping. 

With ten minute fighters, minute long damage con and almost no superstructure, they end up being far too tanky. to anything but battleship shells when broadside.

Sign in to follow this