Sign in to follow this  
totally_potato

Thoughts on the current German DDs in early access

5 comments in this topic

Players
2,062 posts

I mostly created this thread to learn on what players think of these German DDs in early access, whether its rushed/good/underrated/ bad/ complete trash.

I currently have the Z-31 and I hate it so much. Like why not play the Z-39 over it? The last minute nerfs are baffling. 

And if any changes can be suggested feel free to share it. :cap_popcorn:

[THESO]
Players
8,796 posts
44,801 battles

T7 is bad, T8 is meh, T9 playable. The T10 is a big question cause his gun layout is worse than in T9. 

• Cool 3

[SWN]
Players
233 posts
9,033 battles

It's standard WG policy

We don't test crap, you pay us money first and than YOU test crap, maybe we balance later. But first pay us. 

The new german DDs are just as good as the people developing them: god tier trash.

• Cool 4

[ARVI]
Players
185 posts
6,171 battles

There are numerous threads on this.

The consensus seeming to be, that they are overpriced, play no real tactical role and are wholly unsuited to being in the DD spots on a team. 

Played a few game yesterday and disposed of Felix easily a couple of times (driving as different rides as Richthofen, Riga and Östergotland). IMHO they are powerless, too poor AA, concealment and speed to dodge CVs, no match for 220mm HE let alone AP (... and then there is the radar...) and smoke dispersion is too small to create a haven against enemy long range torps like the EU ones.

I might get one from a crate or missions or whatever, but certainly won't spend a penny on them. 

Utterly pointless addition to the game at this meta and these stats. 

• Cool 5

[ALYEN]
Players
2,995 posts
4,475 battles

saw a few Z-31 vids from various CCs ... the overall impression is that they are crap. better play the PA dds with radar than this ...

• Cool 2