You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
lafeel

About that other T8 German DD

16 comments in this topic

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,143 posts
6,610 battles

You know in all this talk about the new line, people seem to have missed the changes to the Z-23.

Sure it's ahistorical, but 25% more dpm is nothing to scoff at, and neither is the fact that ALL the guns turn 180 in ten seconds instead of 22,5.

While I'd not call her a great DD, this certainly made  her a lot more comfortable to play for me.

• Cool 2

Players
795 posts
29,812 battles

As far as I remember you always had the Option to use the 128mm Guns instead of the 150mm Guns.

But I liked the 150mm Guns plus you had 5 of them instead of just 4 128mm Guns.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,143 posts
6,610 battles
5 minutes ago, doerhoff_damian said:

As far as I remember you always had the Option to use the 128mm Guns instead of the 150mm Guns.

But I liked the 150mm Guns plus you had 5 of them instead of just 4 128mm Guns.

Well they took away the 150mm guns but now you have 5 128mm guns on the B-hull instead.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,955 posts
20,231 battles
6 hours ago, lafeel said:

While I'd not call her a great DD, this certainly made  her a lot more comfortable to play for me.

I like it. The traverse buff is a massive improvement and the ship now feels as if it has some potential. The problem with it was never ROF, it was just so hard to bring guns to bear on a target, and that's definitely changed. Wish they'd done the same to the Maass, too. 

[ALYEN]
Players
2,997 posts
4,477 battles

Z-23 was always decent. the main downside was the bad concealment against the other DDs ... That did not change, but at least DPM and smoke firing penalty are better now .... While I liked the 150mm option, the buff is nice ....

Just sad to see a historical ship go and have a fantasy ship with a historical name ingame now ...

• Cool 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,143 posts
6,610 battles
9 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

I like it. The traverse buff is a massive improvement and the ship now feels as if it has some potential. The problem with it was never ROF, it was just so hard to bring guns to bear on a target, and that's definitely changed. Wish they'd done the same to the Maass, too. 

Those extra 400m before you get spotted while firing in smoke is also nice to be fair..

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,143 posts
6,610 battles
17 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

I'm about to regrind it....again....  Already Adored the old version so this new version should be even more of a pleasure. 

The four games I've played in her post change (one on the test server) have all been much more comfortable than before. Today's beat my previous best damage score in her by just under 20k.

• Cool 1

[FAILS]
Players
808 posts
22,611 battles

Apart from now having what amounts to essentially a paper ship called Z-23, the changes are game-play wise an upgrade (her gunpower is now exactly the same as Maass). Of course, I will have to wait for a free captain respec now, since I don't need the improved turret traverse any longer which I specced on the t6-8 German DDs. I would have much preferred to have Z-23 over in the new tech tree and another historical ship in her stead, say Z-36. Even less design work needed, just copy Z-35 and change some stats, job done. I am not a fan of the constant removal of historical hulls for the sake of gameplay (see also the recent removal of lots of A and B hulls).

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
8,256 posts

WG shoud just make Z-23 in the old 6" armed form a freexp T8 and put some other name for the existing techtree variant...

No balancing needed just few clicks

• Cool 1

Players
10,677 posts
12,156 battles

Or keep 15cm guns as "stock and uninspiring" and then offer rearmament into 128mm as upgrade. Especially as IIRC ze Germans recognized issues with 15cm guns on DD hull and subsequent destroyers (type 1936B) went back to 128 PewPewKanones.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
8,256 posts
3 hours ago, Panocek said:

Or keep 15cm guns as "stock and uninspiring" and then offer rearmament into 128mm as upgrade. Especially as IIRC ze Germans recognized issues with 15cm guns on DD hull and subsequent destroyers (type 1936B) went back to 128 PewPewKanones.

The point was one line has only 128s and the other 150s only one still mixing is Gaede at the start of it where the line forks...

[BS4]
Players
233 posts
14,057 battles

Z-23's new guns have a bug in displayed traverse time vs reality.

Already made a report.

In short, the twin 12.8cm mount has the stated 10s traverse (is essentially a (near?) copy of Z-46's & Z-52's twin mount... somehow with -1% fire damage to them...) but the single mounts have 22,5s traverse.

You can test that yourself, hop into any game in the thing, aim at position where twin and atleast one of the single mounts can point and start moving aim, the twin mount outstrips the singles noticeably.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,143 posts
6,610 battles
2 minutes ago, aleksi111 said:

Z-23's new guns have a bug in displayed traverse time vs reality.

Already made a report.

In short, the twin 12.8cm mount has the stated 10s traverse (is essentially a (near?) copy of Z-46's & Z-52's twin mount... somehow with -1% fire damage to them...) but the single mounts have 22,5s traverse.

You can test that yourself, hop into any game in the thing, aim at position where twin and atleast one of the single mounts can point and start moving aim, the twin mount outstrips the singles noticeably.

Could have sworn they all had the 10 second traverse.

[BS4]
Players
233 posts
14,057 battles

they have in port info panel.

Gamesmodel3d has them as follows:

image.thumb.png.f8b4fe38c38dba750fc25acb4a3e2b73.png

And you can tell the difference in game if have time to look for it. -I suggest Training match or Co-Op when you have 30s to 1min of time to calmly look at it.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,397 posts
31,662 battles

GM3D is correct, front turret and single turrets have different rotation speed.

• Cool 1