You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Was there any info by WG on "Auto Aim Exploit/Bug" (i.e. "Sky Shot Aim Assist")?

10 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,411 posts
20,546 battles

Hi all,

Was there any info by WG on "Auto Aim Exploit/Bug" (i.e. "Sky Shot Aim Assist")?

This was much talked about subject in WoWs v0.10.2 and there were quite a few prominent YouTube videos about it...

But when WoWs v0.10.03 come out yesterday I didn't see anything in patch notes about that particular bug / exploit!

There was nothing in official News for WoWs v0.10.3 :

"Update 0.10.3 – German Destroyers: Part 1"

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0103-german-destroyers-part-1/#other-changes-and-improvements

nor in more detailed specific article that comes out for each and every patch:

"Changes and Improvements in Update 0.10.3"

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/33375/

Does anyone knows if this was fixed "silently" ?

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
32,510 posts
16,285 battles

They said that it will be fixed, but not in this patch, as the patch was already finalized.

It should happen in one of the next patches.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,411 posts
20,546 battles

Hi all,

5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

They said that it will be fixed, but not in this patch, as the patch was already finalized.

It should happen in one of the next patches.

This is really bad... IIRC when there was AA bug it was HotFixed in 24 hours... and we have this bug/exploit widely known for months (and extremely publicized in past month)... :Smile_sad::Smile-angry:

Leo "Apollo11"

[CATS]
Players
32,510 posts
16,285 battles

It hardly does anything. The people who would profit do not read enough to know about it.

• Cool 4

Players
247 posts
12,328 battles
34 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It hardly does anything. The people who would profit do not read enough to know about it.

This.

The average player in the forums is better than the average player in game. So all of us that know about it, tend to be able to aim to begin with. Those who would really gain from this have probably never been in the forums or watch YT vids.

The only way i can think of them learning it is through clanmates telling each other.

[CAG]
Beta Tester
148 posts
13,676 battles

If I'm looking at it correctly, all you have to do is zoom the ship in just before it goes into the telescope view, pick a target, lead it and then look at the sky before shooting? The aiming help resets to the centre or "line" (probably due to it being out of bounds or something) of the ship and is effectively at waterline? Sounds like a great way to sink less experienced players without even trying since any use of the WASD keys makes it ineffective?

[TOHOU]
Players
432 posts
5,240 battles

i think there was a bug that makes your shots wonky as heck when you locked on , and the rest uses probably some mods for calm seas and so on or ship movement indicator or angle indicator

[DKP]
Modder
416 posts
7,636 battles

This bug/exploit exists since the begining and was mentioned 6 months ago by youtubers. How can you expect a fix that fast?

Players
725 posts

If bug/exploit not costing WG, no rush for them to fix, anything to do with their bast*** love child CVs, on it like fleas on a dog and I expect the same from the SUBS.