Server Restart - On the 17/09 the server will be unavailable for 1 hour Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
albin322

lepanto pls tell me

29 comments in this topic

[SVX]
Players
1,470 posts
17,430 battles

ok i consider myself quite a good bb player. buti just cant get this steaming pile of crap to work eaven a little....... 

anyone have a tip how to play it ? 

Beta Tester
2,699 posts
7,659 battles
48 minutes ago, albin322 said:

ok i consider myself quite a good bb player. buti just cant get this steaming pile of crap to work eaven a little....... 

Smoke up and torpedo something.

• Funny 3

[SVX]
Players
1,470 posts
17,430 battles
14 minutes ago, Figment said:

Smoke up and torpedo something.

i guees you mean ram then...... :cap_wander:

[JRM]
Players
8,225 posts
1 hour ago, albin322 said:

Stay at mid range...

For AP - look for broadsides same as all 15" high tiered ships

For SAP you can farm even semi angled ones but only to a degree and if the surface is not saturated obviously

Dont expect 2 much carry from her

Beta Tester
2,699 posts
7,659 battles
10 minutes ago, albin322 said:

i guees you mean ram then...... :cap_wander:

One of the biggest stealth torpedoes in game. :)

[SVX]
Players
1,470 posts
17,430 battles
9 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Stay at mid range...

For AP - look for broadsides same as all 15" high tiered ships

For SAP you can farm even semi angled ones but only to a degree and if the surface is not saturated obviously

Dont expect 2 much carry from her

evry time i play this ship the feeling i get is why the [edited]do i play this when i could play mushashi georgia or jeanbart...........

• Cool 8

Players
916 posts
2,684 battles

For memes only:

secondary/aa build with the Roman Legion camo is funny.....

:Smile_popcorn:

Results: https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/9009-what-were-your-greatest-gaming-achievements-today/?do=findComment&comment=3848509

Edited by Molly_Delaney
added link

[JRM]
Players
8,225 posts
49 minutes ago, albin322 said:

evry time i play this ship the feeling i get is why the [edited]do i play this when i could play mushashi georgia or jeanbart...........

Well I guess so you get to the T10 same as with most T9s...

[RODS]
Players
1,957 posts
7,826 battles

First step/ game on the way to Christoforo Columbo 

12345.thumb.png.bcac4a62bd4130951e1ed46621141b6d.png

[SVX]
Players
1,470 posts
17,430 battles
11 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

1 matcher säger ju inte skit....... plus bara 72 dmg :(

WG Staff
2,936 posts
949 battles
13 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

How do like the Lepanto so far? (Ah, it's Cristoforo Colombo, sorry the annoying Italian in me demanded satisfaction. Just joking 😉.)

[RODS]
Players
1,957 posts
7,826 battles
5 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

How do like the Lepanto so far? (Ah, it's Cristoforo Colombo, sorry the annoying Italian in me demanded satisfaction. Just joking 😉.)

I have had worse first battles, the SAP is effective

As I said "a step on the way to the Cristoforo Colombo"

TBF It ain´t no Musashi or Georgia (and not being used to the gamestyle with smoke I would probably have done more damage in a Monarch)

The smoke does come in handy tho

Beta Tester
2,699 posts
7,659 battles

Did 144.5K (141.7K with SAP, rest secondaries) with Cara and killed three, but were almost five ships. Included enemy CV.

Still not enough to win as the remaining ships (including our CV) were clueless on how to prioritize and deal with near dead enemies and died one by one.

That aside, you aim the SAP high at the upper structure, so near deck height to assure you don’t overshoot and it is usually a guaranteed 7K to 18K hits per salvo, including on German and Russian ships. 4K if you are unlucky.

I presume it is no different for the higher tiers. Main issue is that awful range. Especially in high tier matches.

[CATCH]
Players
443 posts
9,888 battles

I actually had a very nice game in it. Basically, play it in the 15km range, only have SAP, use the smoke to either get in a good firing position or, better yet, get out of trouble.

A couple of times I thought "I'm done", but that smoke is a game changer if used right. 

Use the speed flag, BTW. 

Players
2,935 posts
34,589 battles
On 4/16/2021 at 1:36 PM, TheWarJaC said:

I'm still learning how to play them efficiently but Colombo is very solid and Lepanto is also good. I don't know how they will perform once dead eye is gone though.

Below ss are Colombo in a gold league game today, played three in ranked, all wins so far;

221121.thumb.jpg.eacc538f2f7d277ce661662546197488.jpg

grewgt.jpg

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
2,246 posts
16,086 battles

I disliked Caracciolo at first when I used deadeye on it up till early access ended, then did away with the skill(I hate going with the flow anyways) and now I play them my way. 

Within 2 days of casual play, I breezed through and reached Lepanto. Every ship is great. Don't be scared to use the AP - Make sure you have Expert Marksman trained. 

This line is freaking amazing and a blast to play. Frankly, I'm in love. 

• Cool 1

WG Staff
2,936 posts
949 battles
On 4/17/2021 at 5:53 PM, Execute0rder66 said:

I'm still learning how to play them efficiently but Colombo is very solid and Lepanto is also good. I don't know how they will perform once dead eye is gone though.

Below ss are Colombo in a gold league game today, played three in ranked, all wins so far;

221121.thumb.jpg.eacc538f2f7d277ce661662546197488.jpg

grewgt.jpg

Congrats! You did take a grasp of their meta, apparently. 😉

What do you think of the lowers tiers ships? 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,936 posts
18,027 battles

Playing ITA BB without Deadeye. Must admit: these BB are amazing for capping points. 

Players
2,935 posts
34,589 battles
24 minutes ago, TheWarJaC said:

Congrats! You did take a grasp of their meta, apparently. 😉

What do you think of the lowers tiers ships? 

Thx :cap_haloween:

I initially thought  the T7 capuccino had some weak guns but then the more i played the more i learned about how to play it. Also i have Roma for a long time and it gave me some ideas about how to play new Italian BBs. I'm still learning but imo, it is a good line, somewhat fun like the French BB line. I like the 360 degree turret rotation more than its smoke. If I would ever have to regrind some BB lines, it would be Italian, French and Russian lines considering the fun factor.

• Cool 1

[ZEN]
Players
1,476 posts
15,592 battles

Well the Lepanto seems playable... Though the Veneto has got to be the worst ship I have ever played beating the Trento in that regard... My Veneto WR is half that of my Roma WR and it is all due to how inconsistent the guns are, Roma used to be considered having inconsistent guns, but Veneto is on a whole other level... I found that at range there is very little difference between the damage output of SAP vs AP as it more comes down to what RNG says about your dispersion more than anything like aiming and having the correct ammo loaded. Once again an entire line has been ruined by the stupid Gimmick known as SAP, probably the worst designed gimmick in the game at a conceptual level!!! Well at least I suppose with the ships having such inconsistent guns it will mean that player skill in aiming is not a factor so the 40% WR crowd will be able to deal just as much damage per shot as a 60% WR player, only difference being how long they can stay afloat.

Thanks WG for once again ruining the Italian ships, they will be spending their time looking pretty in port when I have finished Grinding them...

And it is not that I had already pointed out all the stupid designed attributes SAP had when it was first implemented for the cruisers and all my thoughts on it back then have proved correct...

PS: The actual hulls on the ships are decent like armour, stealth and manoeuvrability, but the guns make all this invalid as you can't reliably do damage due to all the RNG so you essentially end up with a Gian torpedo with some guns as decoration, when playing Veneto I was jealous of the enemy Gneisenau because he had accurate guns, that were more reliable at doing damage than mine...

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
500 posts
962 battles
On 4/19/2021 at 10:08 PM, Chaos_Umbra said:

Well the Lepanto seems playable... Though the Veneto has got to be the worst ship I have ever played beating the Trento in that regard... My Veneto WR is half that of my Roma WR and it is all due to how inconsistent the guns are,

Yeah, it is why I decided not to grind that line. I just don't need the aggravation of waiting half an hour for shells and then watching them sprawl around broadside ships at short range. They are lovely on the rare occasions they hit, but on the whole, I prefer ships with more predictable and useful guns. Obvious from this thread, though, that there are people out there finding them amazing.

[MBHH]
Players
1,049 posts
Am 25.4.2021 um 02:58, Trench4nt sagte:

image.thumb.png.8a930d611ef43aa752eb76a62c073de8.png

I like the ship.

Hmm, played a few more matches yesterday.

For some reason, most of the players do not really know how to deal with Lepanto. She is just a tank and once really in danger the smoke is the perfect rescue. Makes her much stronger than the German or Russian BBs in close quarters

Sign in to follow this