You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
deCool

Friesland moved inclusive Captain?

25 comments in this topic

Question

[RM]
[RM]
Beta Tester
11 posts
13,193 battles

When the Friesland get moved over to the new Nation of the Netherlands does it come along with it`s Captain if he is specialized on that Ship? If so i could get the Friesland now and start growing a Commander for the Netherlands right now?

• Cool 1

24 answers to this question

WG Staff
2,623 posts
937 battles
On 4/13/2021 at 3:54 PM, deCool said:
On 4/13/2021 at 3:54 PM, deCool said:

When the Friesland get moved over to the new Nation of the Netherlands does it come along with it`s Captain if he is specialized on that Ship?

Hi deCool, unfortunately, there is not any information about this yet. Whenever we will announce something I will let you know. 😊

WG Staff
2,623 posts
937 battles
18 hours ago, tocqueville8 said:

My Friesland captain used to be my Blyskawica captain.

Is he going to become Dutch? Polish? Swedish...?

Hi Tocqueville, 

As mentioned in my comment above, there is still no information on whether the Friesland will get its own specialized Captain, after it will move to the Netherlands tech tree.😊

• Cool 2

[TF]
Players
131 posts
2,222 battles

Bumping the question. I have a Friesland, got a 12pt commander for it that is trained for Vasteras but I don't play the DD line, what is going to happen when the Friesland is transfered to new Dutch nation ? I don't want to level a new captain to play the ship... WG could add the Dutch cruisers in the pan-EU nation, that would be easier for everyone. Otherwise I hope we can choose to transfer a commander with the ship, or they make Friesland playable with Dutch AND pan-EU commanders.

Any news ? I saw a topic on NA forums but no answer from staff.

Players
276 posts
21,592 battles

I have the same question.
Heard that the Friesland is going over to the Dutch tech tree, but no idea if that captain which is on her when this happends, will get specialized for the Dutch tree or remains specced for the European tree.

:cap_hmm:

[VIBES]
Players
1,014 posts
21,349 battles

My Friesland captain used to be my Blyskawica captain.

Is he going to become Dutch? Polish? Swedish...?

[RODS]
Players
1,879 posts
7,825 battles

My Friesland captain is now a 20p Halland captain

He was ok for the job in Friesland too 

I am gonna be stuck with a 2p captain in Friesland

Guess I will have to spend a load to get him up to strength

Great move (again) by :etc_swear:ing WG 

shot-21_04.29_16_42.48-0369.thumb.jpg.5b1e5ca1e0885ff6face8ab9627284e2.jpg

Dont worry, I am getting so fed up with this it doesn´t really matter much

• Cool 2

WG Staff
2,623 posts
937 battles

Hi Captains, a little update. The owners of Friesland will be compensated for their commander. More details will be announced soon. 😊

• Cool 2

[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
33,152 battles
2 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

The owners of Friesland will be compensated for their commander.

"Compensated for" sounds like something will happen to him :Smile_ohmy:

Jokes aside: should I leave him on the ship for now or move him to reserve?

Edited by VIadoCro
forgot a word

WG Staff
2,623 posts
937 battles
1 hour ago, VIadoCro said:

Ahaha nothing can happen to our precious Commanders, they are an endangered species. 

Unfortunately, I don't have further information about it. I would wait until we release further information. 

[FAILS]
Players
764 posts
22,088 battles

How about a copy of the captain you have used most often on Friesland for compensation?

• Cool 2

[-RNR-]
Players
1,281 posts

I've used all my resources skills wise to retrain a dedicated Commander now at 15 points, Not saying I have no trust in WG, I'm saying I have the Flint :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[HMPF]
Players
224 posts
6,355 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, TheWarJaC sagte:

Ahaha nothing can happen to our precious Commanders, they are an endangered species. 

Unfortunately, I don't have further information about it. I would wait until we release further information. 

I would prefer if I could choose if I want him to stay with Friesland or the old line. 

Compensation sounds like 50k silver and 2 captain XP flags. 👀

[THESO]
Players
8,275 posts
43,225 battles
11 hours ago, VIadoCro said:

Possibly the commander will be gone but you'll have free commander exp, equivalent to the amount of points which that commander had,  that you can use to build up a commander on the Dutch or European tree. And I think such commander has to be on Friesland before the update that moves the Friesland to the Dutch tree. If it won't be on it, then (I guess) you won't get compensated. 

[DKMNL]
Players
88 posts
2,038 battles
11 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Possibly the commander will be gone but you'll have free commander exp, equivalent to the amount of points which that commander had,  that you can use to build up a commander on the Dutch or European tree. And I think such commander has to be on Friesland before the update that moves the Friesland to the Dutch tree. If it won't be on it, then (I guess) you won't get compensated. 

that means that the captain should be trained for the Friesland, meaning the original captain you obtained when buying the ship. If so, many people already retrained that captain to another EU ship :(

[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
33,152 battles
2 hours ago, Rubytwo said:

the captain should be trained for the Friesland, meaning the original captain you obtained when buying the ship. If so, many people already retrained that captain to another EU ship :(

Exactly my situation, I trained him for Östergötland while grinding EU DDs. He doubles on Blyskawica and ofc Friesland. Now, how do I prove that he was - and is - my regular Friesland captain?

[DKMNL]
Players
88 posts
2,038 battles
3 minutes ago, VIadoCro said:

Exactly my situation, I trained him for Östergötland while grinding EU DDs. He doubles on Blyskawica and ofc Friesland. Now, how do I prove that he was - and is - my regular Friesland captain?

We have to wait till our dear WeeGee CM's provide a clear answer as soon as possible........

[THIR]
Players
960 posts
4,701 battles

It's been over three weeks now since WG staff replied to this topic for the last time. Are there any updates yet? I hope it's not going to become another 'we create a problem and you have to solve it by throwing money at us'-situation.

[MBHH]
Players
851 posts
Vor 2 Stunden, Stormhawk_V sagte:

It's been over three weeks now since WG staff replied to this topic for the last time. Are there any updates yet? I hope it's not going to become another 'we create a problem and you have to solve it by throwing money at us'-situation.

Your captain stays EU and you get a Tiger '59 as compensation value, but without captain, 'cause otherwise it would be too OP.

Players
6,338 posts
12,390 battles
On 5/8/2021 at 2:05 PM, VIadoCro said:

You can prove it because that captain will have a Dutch name.

Or at least that he originated from there.

[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
33,152 battles
23 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

You can prove it because that captain will have a Dutch name.

Or at least that he originated from there.

Erm, well, there is a problem. During the free re-spec I tried out stuff and moved my captains around a lot. So there is a captain with Polish name on the Friesland

shot-21_05.31_14_12.49-0924.jpg.2fe419481b09ba8b70a2ad3b77b6533a.jpg

(I´ve reset him on the last day it was still free)

And there is a guy with a nordic name on Blyskawica, so to find out who was originally on Friesland will de difficult. Thanks for the help, but I guess I will have to train a captain from zero when the new branch arrives :fish_aqua:

EDIT: just after posting I saw this

ewww.jpg.2839d7a7d3d64ed6e6b3e036f0ea14d3.jpg

ummm, well :Smile_amazed:

Now I am even more confused, but I think this is my original captain of Friesland, now ofc trained for Östergötland

shot-21_05.31_14_19.29-0809.jpg.163d5aaf4f50f5e8874b25868420a05b.jpg

Edited by VIadoCro

Players
6,338 posts
12,390 battles
24 minutes ago, VIadoCro said:

Erm, well, there is a problem. During the free re-spec I tried out stuff and moved my captains around a lot. So there is a captain with Polish name on the Friesland

shot-21_05.31_14_12.49-0924.jpg.2fe419481b09ba8b70a2ad3b77b6533a.jpg

(I´ve reset him on the last day it was still free)

And there is a guy with a nordic name on Blyskawica, so to find out who was originally on Friesland will de difficult. Thanks for the help, but I guess I will have to train a captain from zero when the new branch arrives :fish_aqua:

EDIT: just after posting I saw this

ewww.jpg.2839d7a7d3d64ed6e6b3e036f0ea14d3.jpg

ummm, well :Smile_amazed:

Now I am even more confused, but I think this is my original captain of Friesland, now ofc trained for Östergötland

shot-21_05.31_14_19.29-0809.jpg.163d5aaf4f50f5e8874b25868420a05b.jpg

Peter Björnsson is not a typical Dutch name (the first name is however), so keep looking :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

[THIR]
Players
960 posts
4,701 battles

'Oh hey, we have this ship here and want to move it to a different tech tree but then we have to compensate the players for the captain.'

'Wait, you mean we have to give them something FOR FREE? Just leave it in its original tech tree but remove it from sale.'

'Wow, awesome! Where do you get these brilliant ideas from?'

[_VV_]
Players
79 posts
8,742 battles

Update 0.10.6, Friesland and the Netherlands - Development blog BETA (worldofwarships.com)

oh nice, i can exchange friesland for the new dutch copy! thats great, i was pretty pi**ed that i just bought friesland to train the new commanders and now she was to stay EU. (a techline that has absolutely nothing in common with a smoking gunboat)

Players
65 posts

I really do not fancy Friesland staying in the EU line. Weren't they testing some Swedish tier IX DD called Ragnar? (Halland with the torps removed and AA in place of the launchers). 

I thought the idea was that Friesland would get moved to the Netherlands and you would get a choice, keep Friesland but have it moved to the Netherlands or if you want to have a tier IX premium DD you would have your Friesland swapped with Ragnar. 

But now instead we get the ship that bears the class name in a multinational tree while the Nation the ship belongs to get some other sister ship. 

IMHO i would rather see one of these scenarios: Scenario 1: You get to choose, Either you keep Friesland but it gets moved to the Netherlands OR Friesland will be swapped with Ragnar so you keep your EU DD 

Scenario 2: Friesland moves to the Netherlands and EU is the one that gets the Groningen. and as with Scenario 1 you get to choose one or the other to keep or swap to.