Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dante_AK

Any plans for new armory feature?

8 comments in this topic

Question

Players
112 posts
5,483 battles

So simple question, are there, were or will be any plans for selling coal ships back to armory for coal, but half of original coal price if discount was used and lets say 75% if discount wasnt used? 

If someone wonders why and what ships i would like to get rid of, its pommern and georgia, im casual playing only random battles for me with cpt skills rework they got nerfed, im not pro player or super unicum player that can make those ships work or barely work. Theres lterally zero fun playing them for me, but like i said FOR ME.

7 answers to this question

Players
112 posts
5,483 battles

Ok its week since i posted this topic, i feel quite ignored, thats a bit rude but i know how world works and its not polite so ok.

So lets make a deal, a great deal, i will forgive you for being ignored and carrier rework for small change in one cpt skill, when you will change dead eye to dead skill and ships that used it will be as they were cuz its not nerf, you will also change a bit secondary skill that nerfed accuracy of secondary guns by adding "if there are 2 or more visible enemy ships in range of secondary guns priority target accuracy is (from before rework) and non priority still crappy dispersion".

Its one time offer, and like i said its a great deal, but its limited time and only for you WG.This offer will be avaible till dead eye rework.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
14,712 battles

Dead eye replacement is already announced and arrives next patch. https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/141

Selling resource ships back for a portion of their original resources will likely never happen. We would be lucky to get the ability to test drive ships before buying them, then players could get some idea if they liked a ship before buying it. You can refund a coal/steel ship after buying it as long as you haven't played it, that's all.

Players
112 posts
5,483 battles

I know they can be refunded if i barely played them, but i bought them way before secondary nerf and payed more than 2 battles with them, i dont like those ships now, so im giving/offering WG ideas how to keep me and some players in game.

And ill bet if they would slap small price tag of doubloons for selling back coal ship (like 100 doubloons per tier of coal ship) they would add it quite fast.

Ok how about this, if i pick both long range secondary battery shells and improved secondary battery aiming cpt talents i would get new consumable on that ship that would be kinda like "increases accuracy of secondary battery only for priority target for 25-30 seconds with cooldown 70-80 seconds with 4-5 charges". Wouldnt that be awesome and FUN?

Or add to improved secondary battery aiming cpt skil this "every second up to 15 seconds your secondary guns on your priority target get better accuracy, if you change priority target it resets". 

I remember before nerf that if i didint pick priority target on secondary battlehip that secondary guns would shoot from both sides at same time if there are targets in range, yes accuracy was bad  just like now, and thats how it feels, even my full spec secondary battlehips feel like no "priority target skill" from before nerf. 

Simple recent example, kitakaze caught in fredie hydro range just after launching torps i avoided, i pick him for priority target and they barely hit him, even when he is almost broadside whole time to me 4km from me slowly closing, it took me 2 full salvos of main battery guns to kill him cuz secondaries couldnt do it or damage him enough so only one main guns salvo would finish him, and that was with IFHE skill. Or ill get more close quaters achievement more often on musashi without any secondary talents than on secondary spec battlehips combined. It may be seen as whining and it partialy is, but why shouldnt i? I dont like that nerf, so i speak and give some ideas that dont give back full old performance of secondary ships.

1,873 posts
14,712 battles

Demolition Expert is only +1% fire chance not, not +2%, but it also only costs 1 point, not 3.

IFHE only costs 2 points, not 4.

AFT only costs 3 points, not 4, but no longer buffs AA.

BFT now costs 4 points, not 3, but it now increases main battery reload time by 10% when an enemy is in secondary battery range as well and no longer buffs AA.

Manual Fire Control for Secondaries increases disperison by only 35%, not 60%, but it now works on every tier, not just 7+, secondaries now fire on other targets if possible and German BBs received a 15% bonus to dispersion so they only lost 10% dispersion.

BB secondary range is longer than before the rework.

Secondary BB skills are cheaper (the above list of skills cost 18 skill points before the rework, now they cost 14) one is nerfed but cheaper, one is buffed but more expensive, two are cheaper but the same, you now have at least 7 points left over for survivability skills to make your secondary BB tankier, all BBs got increased secondary range except tier 3s. But german BBs lose 10% dispersion compared to old, and other BBs lose 25%.

Overall, secondary BBs are stronger than they were before. They did lose dispersion, but they gained range, spare skill points for survivability and an added bonus to main battery performance when engaged. And if you decide that you wanted the AA bonuses of AFT and BFT you can even take Expert AA Marksman, which grants some of the lost AA bonuses (better, in my opinion) and even with this the entire build costs less than before by 1 point, with the benefit of being able to choose if you want the AA bonuses or something else. You are not wrong that dispersion was nerfed, but I would not agree that secondary BBs are overall worse off than they were before.

Players
112 posts
5,483 battles

WG words "For many ships, there was often only one skill build that worked effectively. By adding new skills and changing the old ones, we want players to have a choice between several different effective builds to accommodate different playstyles."

This is reason for changes of cpt skils, can you create or link "effective" build for german battlehips other than secondary build, but it must perform same or better than actual build. You cant use dead eye skill cuz it will be changed but you can use dead eye replacement skill. If new build will create new playstyle it will be nice.

1,873 posts
14,712 battles
On 4/19/2021 at 2:39 AM, Dante_AK said:

his is reason for changes of cpt skils, can you create or link "effective" build for german battlehips other than secondary build, but it must perform same or better than actual build. You cant use dead eye skill cuz it will be changed but you can use dead eye replacement skill. If new build will create new playstyle it will be nice.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. The main two builds are either survivability or secondary builds, but within those some options to change are available based on individual preferences.

Like a standard survivability build.
image.thumb.png.f177799dd35eeff55346abb7a6073299.png

The core skills in the survivability build are really the three 4pt skills, ERE, CE and FP. BOS adds to survivability by making fires that do burn more manageable. ERS adds to survivability, PT heightens awareness, AR provides good bonuses to damage output, especially for BBs who can maintain low levels of HP without risking being killed.

PM can be taken instead of ERS if preserving turrets (and the torpedo tubes of premium German BBs) is more desirable than a small reduction in cooldown, especially with Lutjens who has improved PM.

Vigilance can be taken instead of PT since it also further increases the already long range of german hydro for detecting torp, especially with Jutland who has improved Vigilance.

CE can be dropped entirely by those who think that german BB concealment is bad either way, and could enable you to add GTG which improves the already decent German turret traverse, especially on Lutjens who has improved GTG, and/or Vigilance.

BOS could be dropped for SHS but this really leans further away from a survivability spec towards a more generalised spec because the significant difference in fire duration makes damage management a lot more difficult and will require more cautious play to ensure you can disengage when necessary to avoid burning down.

Or a german secondary build.

image.thumb.png.8e2b3c9950a8e5ef6cc75de2e4017404.png

The core skills in the secondary build are DE, LRSB, ManSec, CQC and AR. IFHE is also a core skill for ships that actually benefit from it, but taking IFHE or not is personal preference.

DE can be traded for ERS or PM as preference.

GK doesn't need IFHE so PT or GTG or Vigilance can be taken instead. Konig and lower also do not need IFHE.

FP could be traded for ERE or CE as preference, or dropped for any combination of lower skills (BOS+ERS/PM / GTG + PT/VIG / EAAM+ERS/PM).

The key part is that, after the rework, once you have the more fundamental core skills there are more points left over to play with and more skills to choose from that allow you to play to your preference. You can simply copy someones recommendation exactly as if that is the absolute most optimal spec but mostly that isn't true. Players play best when they play ships that they like in the playstyle they feel most successful with and should choose commander skills that support that.

Sign in to follow this