You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Poll: Will you stop spending on the game?

Will you stop spending on the game?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Will you stop spending on the game due to recent changes?

• I was always free to play
    • I already stopped spending
    • I will spend less
    • I won’t spend more money
    • I will spend as before
    • I will spend more

47 comments in this topic

Players
2,243 posts
9,097 battles

There were a couple of changes recently which might lead you to spend less on the game.

Among others:

-underpowered free to play ship releases (tech tree, coal)

-couple of global nerf to premiums

-nerfable premium releases

-commander rework making the game less enjoyable

-constant commander rework as a tool to squeeze out your money (no free respec)

-potentially reducing freely obtainable signals

-auctions to squeeze out your resorces/money

-increased feeling of being treated as a cash cow

Will these make you stop spending on the game?

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[NWP]
Players
3,659 posts
18,027 battles
10 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

There were a couple of changes recently which might lead you to spend less on the game.

Among others:

Which ones?

This is a good thing in my book

Everyone has the right to buy them full knowing they could be nerfed individually. It is a very clear message.

This is a good thing in my book

This was a pure business move, nothing more ( so yeah: I hate this move )

Constant? We have one change coming in for now ( and a reasonable one at that)

The no free respec is yet another business move (so I hate this part)

I will wait till we get more info on this, but yeah: first info in devblog points towars another business move.

Or one could totally ignore them. So I don't care about these.

I have spotted spending since they released CV rework. So I don't feel like a cash cow .

TBH, I like the new ranked as it gets me for a low amount of games a steady stream of steel and doubloons. 

• Cool 3

[ADRIA]
Players
323 posts
11,018 battles

I stopped spending due to CV rework and CVs in clan battles. However, I might actually start spending again if they start nerfing premiums. This would be one of the best changes in a long while.

• Cool 2

Players
10,374 posts
12,044 battles
6 minutes ago, Gebe_ said:

I stopped spending due to CV rework and CVs in clan battles. However, I might actually start spending again if they start nerfing premiums. This would be one of the best changes in a long while.

Except it opens can of worms of deliberately making premiums overperforming, only to "rebalans" them 3 months later, usually as CB/Ranked season ends.

• Cool 6

[NECRO]
Players
3,070 posts

I already stopped spending long ago because WG failed to balance the game and kept introducing sheer amounts of crap.

Until the commander rework, you had no disadvantage by not spending.

But now it looks like WG is trying to force you to spend to be not at a disadvantage (by changing commander skills over and over in a total unpredictable, unreasonable and unending manner).

I won't do that.

• Cool 8

Players
10,374 posts
12,044 battles
2 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

I already stopped spending long ago because WG failed to balance the game and kept introducing sheer amounts of crap.

Until the commander rework, you had no disadvantage by not spending.

But now it looks like WG is trying to force you to spend to be not at a disadvantage (by changing commander skills over and over in a total unpredictable, unreasonable and unending manner).

I won't do that.

At the same time, only skill that you actually need is Concealment. Whatever games I had since Comander REEEwork involved barebone 10 point build and tbh, anything extra is superficial.

Gives both room to maneuver with spare skills later on and makes respecs cheaper, should WG realize CE is still a thing.

• Cool 1

Players
2,299 posts
20,563 battles

I stopped spending after the CV rework, and nothing they have done since has encouraged me to change my mind. 

• Cool 12

Players
805 posts
7,989 battles

I've never spent a cent on the game, so I can't stop per se.

Not spending anymore seems to me a good policy. Of course, WG needs new players who will spend money,  not old farts who already spent a lot.

Still, vote with your wallets!

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
4,649 posts
19,101 battles

Spend less, play less. 

1) Mediocre Ship Releases (US BBs, Italian BBs, German Destroyers Pt2, Cut and Paste Premiums)

2) Commander Skills Rework, the amount of accumulated resources it took for no benefit, the Deadeye Fiasco

3) Italian Battleship Containers. Grind a long mission, get a flag. There's a section in Matthew B Crawford's book "The World Beyond Your Head" where he talks about the Las Vegas gambling industry and how it uses behavioural psychology to manipulate its players. One of those things is portraying a very small win in the same manner as a big one. The player gets the sensation of a big reward (and so keeps gambling) but does not receive the reward itself. That's what's happening here, and it's unacceptable.

• Cool 5

[DREAD]
Players
10,840 posts
7,470 battles
59 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

increased feeling of being treated as a cash cow

This mostly. And the complete abandonment of real and interesting WARSHIPS in favor of cheap fantasy high tier cash graps.

German Battlecruisers? Nope. British Battlecruisers? Nope. Armored cruisers? Nope. WW1 Ships? Nope. 

But we have a split Russian DD line, a split Russian cruiser line and T9+10 premiums galore.

Too much junk for too little good stuff recently.

• Cool 7

Beta Tester
3,468 posts
3,994 battles
3 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

But we have a split Russian DD line, a split Russian cruiser line and T9+10 premiums galore.

Just wait for the double-split Russian CV line: Well-armoured carriers with combined AP/HE rocket planes and a heal consumable.

• Funny 2

Players
1,072 posts

I'm personally quite proud of all the ships (93 at last count if I remember right) that I've not had to spend real money on to get. Mostly though, they're basically just a digital gallery of naval architecture for me at the moment: it's interesting to go into the port screen and look them over, maybe play dress-up with my various hoarded camos just for a laugh; playing the game itself is becoming too much of a chore though. Of course I say 'game', perhaps at this point it would be better described as 'an increasingly bare framework hamster wheel calculated to be just engaging enough that the various loot boxes and assorted other micropayments become attractive'.

Edit: Literally just went into game, clicked on the Armoury, usual bug came up and it failed to load. I was left looking at HMS London (just happened to be the ship I was on at the time) against the backdrop of the Kure port with all the snow and festive lights up, no UI getting in the way. It was pretty, so I didn't bother to try and get into the Armoury after all; just watched it for a couple of minutes and then exited the game...

• Cool 4

Players
2,729 posts
15,245 battles
58 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

Just wait for the double-split Russian CV line: Well-armoured carriers with combined AP/HE rocket planes and a heal consumable.

Bombers - 1 Tsar bomb each.

Rocket planes- 2 homing missiles with very stronk yet "balansed" SAPs.

Torpedo bombers- 10x Gorozovoi torps in a drop (5 each plane as Russian planes very stronk comrade :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[SPURD]
Players
861 posts
6,535 battles

Milking with commander skill balans and threatening us with odd tier CV really makes me consider going back to, dunno, Starcraft 2 or something.

[THESO]
Players
8,159 posts
41,981 battles
2 hours ago, Gebe_ said:

You'll spend more money on premiums that will get nerfed at some point? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
Players
8,159 posts
41,981 battles
17 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Milking with commander skill balans and threatening us with odd tier CV really makes me consider going back to, dunno, Starcraft 2 or something.

Odd tier CVs were always an option to come, they are just in a freeze mode. Also Russian and Italian CVs might come in the future. 

[CZSKN]
Players
99 posts
4,081 battles

Already stopped, only using gold on WOT to get some premium time, since the money for that already spent. The game is complete bull*hit, absolutely unbalanced and so many matches are random - 60% of battles you cannot influence, either on loosing or winning side. therefore, the game is not worth our time, would you play any other title to have 2 hours of misery to get 1 or 2 normal fair battles? No, if it is normal game title, you would throw it to the bin with saying this game sucks badly.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,741 posts
15,095 battles

I’m not buying anymore with a target to make it to Christmas at least.

I do have plenty of doubloons so it should be easy.

I usually spend hundreds each year.

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
272 posts
8,438 battles
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

Except it opens can of worms of deliberately making premiums overperforming, only to "rebalans" them 3 months later, usually as CB/Ranked season ends.

We don't really know how Wargaming is going to implement this until they actually nerf some premiums but I wouldn't be surprised if not a lot changed. The reason Wargaming had a policy of not nerfing premium ships is because of the flack they'd catch from furious customers that a ship they'd paid money for had been nerfed after purchase. Whilst this disclaimer gives them the theoretical option of nerfing premiums it doesn't mean that paying customers wouldn't still be furious about it. If they actively adopted a habit of deliberately releasing OP premiums and then nerfing them I'm pretty sure angry customers would stop buying premiums in fairly short order and no amount of pointing at the small print would placate them. Basically Wargaming still has the weigh up the PR cost of nerfing a premium and decide if it is worth it. It wouldn't surprise me if any nerfs are either token (reducing the HP of the AA battery?) or happen years after release when they think they can get away with it as an alternative to removing the ship from sale. Of course, Wargaming has pulled some pretty dumb stuff in the past, so its impossible to be sure...

As to the original question, I haven't spent on the game in quite a while. Not as some angry protest, I just have everything I want and don't play the game as much as I used to. If Wargaming were to release a particularly interesting premium (e.g. a US DD with a unique play style) I might consider it but mostly I'm done spending on this game.

• Cool 1

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,901 battles

The last time i spent money with WG was during the santa crate disaster. Im done. If they actually start making genuine attempts to rescue the game from the pit its sliding into then i am happy to reintroduce my credit cards, but just from the last few weeks it is blindlingly obvious that they are going the oppposite direction and just making things even worse. Im done. Done done done.

• Cool 1

[CATCH]
Players
345 posts
8,820 battles

Already stopped a while ago. Wanna see if the game goes in the right direction to see if it's worth playing anymore, otherwise I will just stop also playing.

[SOLOS]
Players
11 posts
8,523 battles
5 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Among others:

1. I don't mind if they release underpowered ships. If they are techtree, I'll ignore that tree and if they are premium, I won't buy.

2. Some premiums are disgustingly OP, they should tone those down, instead of blanket nerfs, because that will just increase the number of ships I won't play at all, or very rarely.

3. Idea that a ship shouldn't be "nerfable" because it's premium is a bad one. You end up with crap like Thunderer and Smolensk. They need to be toned down, since they seem to be unable to balance worth crap during testing (we all know why THAT is...)

4. The xp needed jump from 19 to 21 is ridiculous. Should have kept the old progression.

5. The price in elite xp is really high and since they disabled skills ENTIRELY during retraining, it's obvious they want to dry out your elite xp and make you spend dubs. It's a [edited] move, but obvious, since they only want your cash.

6. If that comes to pass... IDK if I will bother anymore, honestly.

7. At least this one is easy, just ignore it. Some turbo-whales will spend money on it, unfortunately, so looking forward to  more content being locked behind crap like that.

8. We're consumers. We are cash cows by default.

I will probably bother less with things like premium time or flags and camos, if they indeed will add more hurdles into getting them. Imagine saving someones life IRL or just finding someones wallet and returning it. Instead of getting a medal or y a reward, you get a task of saving 5 more lives or finding and returning 5 more wallets, and doing that will give you your medal/reward. It's ridiculous.

The easiest solution will of course be to JUST BUY THEM. But you know what, WG? I don't think I will.