You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams

Is that the new ranked meta? Yolo farming the wins, and be done? Who cares for leagues&ranks?

23 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
1,427 posts
36,968 battles

So quite a few streamers I've been watching lately don't bother much anymore with climbing up the ladder all to rank 1. They are farming wins, and that's it. Heck, some don't even care for gold or silver league. I assume you could even strip ships off camo and signals, and just make 2 minutes yolo runs. According to my observations, some "players" seem to do exactly this.

I pity the game if that's what it has become. A ranked mode where ranks actually are pointless, and best ignored. Why not just get rid of the whole thing? Give us a mission to farm 30 wins every 2 weeks (like in clan battles), and dump the ballyhoo around it.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1

Players
3,898 posts
21,075 battles

I quit after I get my 200 gold reward in bronze. Ranked in WOWS has always been pointless, that didnt change. Now I simply win 12 out of 14 matches farming bad yolo players and be done with this game for the day. This game is not about competition, matches etc. It's about farming. Farming is even a legit term in this community lol. :fish_palm:

• Cool 8

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,764 posts
6 hours ago, AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams said:

A ranked mode where ranks actually are pointless, and best ignored. 

So what else is new? :cap_tea:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,671 battles
6 hours ago, AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams said:

So quite a few streamers I've been watching lately don't bother much anymore with climbing up the ladder all to rank 1. They are farming wins, and that's it. Heck, some don't even care for gold or silver league. I assume you could even strip ships off camo and signals, and just make 2 minutes yolo runs. According to my observations, some "players" seem to do exactly this.

I pity the game if that's what it has become. A ranked mode where ranks actually are pointless, and best ignored. Why not just get rid of the whole thing? Give us a mission to farm 30 wins every 2 weeks (like in clan battles), and dump the ballyhoo around it.

I feel you as i ranted out here the day before. Logically thinking, why the F do we even care? This is not the real ranked, this is a reworked Sprint. Just remember how Sprint was and you'll feel better.

• Cool 1

Players
804 posts
7,978 battles

I think ranked has always been pointless, as others have... pointed out. Maybe not the very first ones (grandpa). I just see it as a better random. Divided by skill (marginally) into leagues and I a more manageable 7v7 format.

Though lately, as i bought FDR, I tend to play more randoms again. You know... mo' damage, mo' money.

Beta Tester
2,130 posts
19,246 battles
Vor 6 Stunden, AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams sagte:

I pity the game if that's what it has become. A ranked mode where ranks actually are pointless, and best ignored. Why not just get rid of the whole thing?

Nah, please keep it. I like the +1 tier MM and the 7vs7 format.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
2,130 posts
19,246 battles

They could change the name of the mode from Ranked to... hmmm, so Ranked currently has not much to do with ranks, so we can use a title that doesn't have anything to do with the mode. Now  which song has lyrics that have nothing to do with anything?

We can call it "I am the walrus" mode.

• Funny 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
3 hours ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Logically thinking, why the F do we even care?

I wanted to do that, but i just couldnt.

I feel like i want to play to my best and win the game... well, can still get away with 70-80% WR despite all the :etc_swear:. But at the same time, it feels like crap carrying those leachers to wins :cap_fainting:

• Cool 2

Players
2,726 posts
15,245 battles
10 hours ago, AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams said:

I need to admit, after a few games i gave up and just started to yolo as soon as noticed that my team is beyond saving. 

But all I was going to do was just to farm steel in bronze and be done with it not to carry 5-6 clues guys every time.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,764 posts
7 hours ago, Johnny_Moneto said:

Nah, please keep it. I like the +1 tier MM and the 7vs7 format.

Nope next season Silver is T8-10, if you want the steel better get that vaseline ready...

[CELTA]
Players
703 posts
20,684 battles
4 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

it feels like crap carrying those leachers to wins :cap_fainting:

Thats the point

[SKRUB]
Players
604 posts
23,129 battles

I do that. =o

Only play for the ranking victory reward and not for the last one.

Because ranking still take time and it's better for my sanity. :cap_win:

[SWN]
Players
186 posts
8,494 battles

I'm not yoloing, but I stay in  bronze and just seal slub my way to the 12 wins. 

Because the rewards in silver or gold really aren't worth the extra effort.

So clearly this is how WG intends it. 

[CAIN]
Players
4,937 posts
20,778 battles
22 hours ago, AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams said:

Maybe you should rename your nick to something positive? ^^

Also, ranked has always been a NESS.

[HAMAR]
Players
559 posts

Ranked is great. I can play my new ship Pommern, secondary build and brawling works fine in ranked.

Pommern is much more fun in ranked than randoms

And in Bronze league there is no Thunderer:Smile_Default:

• Funny 1

[TACHA]
Players
241 posts
945 battles
On 4/10/2021 at 6:18 AM, AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams said:

Thats what it has become. I am farming it too, for credits and for RB resets. WG will take no steps to get rid of botters and AFKers, won't keep crappy CV players out of Ranked, will not adjust the MM for radar, and similar. Clearly they are uninterested in fostering a good playing environment. Why should any player care if the devs don't? 

[COMFY]
Players
1,526 posts
8,803 battles

There is really no point in going to Silver.

You can get nice ammount of steel in bronze and it basically feels like playing co op.

Players
578 posts
17,628 battles

There's no unique flag for R1 (true R1: the rank that can not be exceeded), so it's a travesty to call this mode 'Ranked'. The only unique flag is available for reaching Bronze 1 once, so it should be no surprise that no one wants to play these Seasons of Sprints any further than that.

[RONIN]
Players
599 posts
4,975 battles

At first I was hyped to reach gold rank, so first time I did, but afterwards i was like ,why to play so many games, to frustrate myself and stress out for what end result? some silver more and a token for some camo, really not worth the time. So now i stay in silvee league, get my silver and doublons and thats it. Nothing in end time rewards are worth the time.

Why just they dont make a global leaderboard for every player for himself, like based on damage,kills, cap points and so on.

Players
24 posts
53 battles

As much as I don't like the new ranked system, WG backed themselves into a corner and really had almost no other option. 

Despite WGs claims to the contrary, the player population is tanking, drastically, as a direct result of WGs aggressive monetization at the expense of long term viability. 

The old ranked system would have demonstrated this clearly, as the Matchmaker needed to group players in similar ranks together in battle. 

Now, all players from silver can be grouped in a game, regardless of rank. Ever better for WG, many silver players, who are in the "qualifying" stage, can be grouped with gold players. Bronze players in qualifying can be grouped with Silver players.

The unfortunate truth is, there just aren't enough hard core players left to populate the old style ranked system. 

WG has transitioned from targeting veteran players with high levels of commitment, to new players and high turn over. WG is literally paying cash for new players with their new recruiting incentives.

Under the new ranked system, ranking out takes considerably more grind, for considerably less reward: BUT players can play enough games to get some steel, without having to progress all the way through to rank out. 

New players just aren't invested enough in the game to focus enough time to ranking out. 

Take a look at what is required to earn the "ranked reward" permanent camo for Black in the old ranked system and the new.

The effort required to earn that camo under the new ranked system is orders of magnitude higher than under the old.

Look at the new clan battles season. 

WG removes the free Captain skills reset that historically accompanied clan battles participation, while at the same time putting the season into tier 9, almost forcing any decent clan  to transfer captains from tier 10 ships to tier 9 ships, and pay not only for the transfer, but also a respec.  

Again, aggressive monetization, at the expense of long term growth and viability. 

I played a few low tier random games this week. It was me and 11 bots, against one enemy player and 11 bots. Not just once, but many games in a row. 

WGing needs to change whoever is Captaining this ship, and fast.

This game is floundering in a full on gale, facing the terror of a lee shore. 

• Cool 2