Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
EnacheV

Remove CV's from the game

47 comments in this topic

Players
123 posts
1,280 battles

getting farmed for 10'000's of damage without counter play is idiotic

i think its pretty obvious

the big mystery is why CV's exists in the game while everything suggest they should not exist

some people at WG got in to a dik measuring contest to maintain their crap ideas in the game ? like on guy with CVs and one guy with submarines?

so the question of this topic is (ignore the title) is : why CV's exist when all arguments suggest they should not ?

• Cool 14
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 4

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,109 posts
10,318 battles

EnacheV is back at it again, let's get cracking people.

[CATS]
Players
31,090 posts
15,723 battles
14 minutes ago, EnacheV said:

so the question of this topic is (ignore the title) is : why CV's exist when all arguments suggest they should not ?

Probably because of this:

Spoiler

126946_363_1617306805.jpg

119618_317_1610470955.jpg

98433_866_1594149092.jpg

98435_514_1594149259.jpg

105598_515_1598981210.jpg

110402_989_1602414825.jpg

96104_413_1592423688.jpg

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Wasn't your first post on this forum "I don't need anyone telling me anything about warships because I played tanks" some some such?
There's a 500 page topic complaining about CVs, we get a fresh 500 page topic every year, virtually nobody likes CVs, get in line with everyone else.
Anyway if you know everything, you know Excavatus is going to close this topic as soon as he comes online, I hope he'll add a joke again.

• Bad 1

Players
849 posts

funtimes.thumb.jpg.49b3b4d90ebbe333294866e584d609ab.jpg

Fun times from just 20min ago.

Friday night, primetime! They need to scrape players from IV to VI to make a 10 player game?

This was my 2nd 10v10 game in tier V tonight.

Players
123 posts
1,280 battles
2 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Wasn't your first post on this forum "I don't need anyone telling me anything about warships because I played tanks" some some such?
There's a 500 page topic complaining about CVs, we get a fresh 500 page topic every year, virtually nobody likes CVs, get in line with everyone else.
Anyway if you know everything, you know Excavatus is going to close this topic as soon as he comes online, I hope he'll add a joke again.

i know

i dont care

CV's are dumb

the mystery is why they exist

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Players
111 posts
4,781 battles
Vor 46 Minuten, EnacheV sagte:

Which arguments?

The same kind of arguments that were put forwards against, say, railroads or land speeds above the pace of a horse, back in the early nineteenth century?

That CV could make good use of some modifications for the sake of nice gameplay on every side (what's this stuff of "unlimited planes"? why do you need to take a whole squadron in a AAA envelope? Why aren't CV more affected by fires and won't go boom? Why can't you drop more ordnance per attack run? etc...) is another point. But removing a ship class altogether that had IMHO the single hugest impact on naval warfare since the first usage of warships is not the way to go.

Regards, Nightowl

• Cool 6

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
27 minutes ago, EnacheV said:

i know

i dont care

CV's are dumb

the mystery is why they exist

The theory is they're a balancing factor when one side has competent destroyers and the other side does not - typically the most one-sided games. And they prevent ships from sitting behind an island stationary spamming all game. The main downside is CVs are like god, or Thanos if you're not into abrahamic religions, they decide who lives and dies whenever they want, wherever they want, however they want. This ability to be omni-present wherever they are needed to win, and their ability to yeet destroyers back to port, makes it so that there are CV players with 80% solo winrate while no such thing exists for battleship, cruiser or even destroyer players.

They are like the gods of world of warships, you need to acknowledge they are your superiors and if you die, this is god's will, you submit to the will of the CV player. He is a superior being, you are vermin, a cockroach, a worm, take your pick. Now respect your superiors and get yeeted back to port by planes like everyone else

• Cool 1

Players
4,390 posts
5,713 battles
1 hour ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

WG: Let's add "Air Strikes"!

WG: Let's add ''support carriers''.

(we already saw screenshot of TX essex).

• Cool 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

When it comes to aircraft carriers in world of warships, the 7 steps to dealing with grief apply.

The 7 stages of grief
  1  Shock and denial. This is a state of disbelief and numbed feelings.
  2 Pain and guilt. ...
  3  Anger and bargaining. ...
  4  Depression. ...
  5  The upward turn. ...
  6  Reconstruction and working through. ...
  7  Acceptance and hope.

-You are in stage 1, shock and denial.
-This New Mexico on my team earlier is in stage 3, bargaining with the CV to please stop killing him, please, just for a little while.
576895316_PleaseCVstopfarmingme.JPG.38ec558c745f70c46e419a53090a255e.JPG
-I am in stage 7, I accept that I am vermin, I accept that a CV is a superior being and I hope that my next game won't have a carrier in it.

Step 4 is when you just let go of your mouse and keyboard when a CV is farming you to death and watch your screen as it happens, this lasts about 500 games.
I hope you get to step 7 soon.

• Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,973 posts
15,473 battles
1 hour ago, SV_Kompresor said:

EnacheV is back at it again, let's get cracking people.

Who? Have I missed a bold new voice amongst the more artistic members of the forum community?

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,109 posts
10,318 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

Who? Have I missed a bold new voice amongst the more artistic members of the forum community?

Check his threads...they truly are a bundle of entertainment

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
1 minute ago, SV_Kompresor said:

Yes but this thread was pretty good, we haven't had our daily (soon to be locked) remove cv topic today. Forum would feel weird if we didn't get our fix.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
6,973 posts
15,473 battles
4 minutes ago, SV_Kompresor said:

I'm going to regret this, aren't I...?

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

That interraction with that new mexico begging, pleading with my CV to please stop killing him, please, just for a little while, reminded me of this movie scene.

1409108649_ITPUTS.thumb.JPG.78a3951df8679fac24a1bd06530c2ec4.JPG

It's actually astonishing that a class in a pvp video game can be so imbalanced and un-fun people cry, beg and plead to please stop killing them.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,735 posts
11,834 battles
1 hour ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

WG: Let's add "Air Strikes"!

Next tech tree:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
123 posts
1,280 battles

dear Nikolay i hate CV's but it seems they got well under your skin and deep inside your brain my dude

no seriously

its obvious this class only generates hate and poor gaming experience

i really wonder why its still in the game.

is some rule of corporate life to never admit a mistake even if it hurts your profits?

also we need more numbers on available reports, if people would -1 both own team and enemy team carrier every battle maybe the carrier players would get the message

also 2) dear moderator can you sticky this thread so people have a place to vent ? thank you. JK LOL

• Funny 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
3 minutes ago, EnacheV said:

dear Nikolay i hate CV's but it seems they got well under your skin and deep inside your brain my dude

Dear EnacheV,

No, they got under my skin before I reached stage 7 of dealing with grief. Once you reach stage 7 and simply accept that CVs are superior beings who get to decide who dies, when and where - things get better.

Kind regards,

Nikolay

Ps why are we doing letter format this is an internet forum

• Funny 1