Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aetius85

Goodbye rewards for achievements

59 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[BATES]
Players
1,057 posts
13,610 battles

Just read in latest development blog  WG will remove the rewards for achievements in battle, introducing a mission for the reward..someone can explain this? I see it only as a way to milk more the players in order to buy flags for credits/coal/doubloons.

  • Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

How can it not be worse than now?

We are talking about WG afterall... so i expected some really dumbshit and get less flags than currently :cap_fainting:

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BATES]
Players
1,057 posts
13,610 battles
15 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

How can it not be worse than now?

We are talking about WG afterall... so i expected some really dumbshit and get less flags than currently :cap_fainting:

Well, we can always farm tons of flags with standard italian containers :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
2,156 posts
15,571 battles

Playing devil's advocate, if they significantly increased the reward you get it might not be so bad(maybe? it still sounds pretty awful and I don't like it).

If it stays the standard 10 flags(and 1 for first blood) as being all you get after completing the mission chains it would be truly awful. 

 

And woe to the guy who gets liquidator mission. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BATES]
Players
1,057 posts
13,610 battles
9 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

Playing devil's advocate, if they significantly increased the reward you get it might not be so bad(maybe? it still sounds pretty awful and I don't like it).

If it stays the standard 10 flags(and 1 for first blood) as being all you get after completing the mission chains it would be truly awful. 

 

And woe to the guy who gets liquidator mission. 

 

I really doubt the missions will get better rewards..they could even be less considering how greedy is WG lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
3,805 posts
15,184 battles

Where is the announcement? I cannot find it in the dev blog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
2,156 posts
15,571 battles
6 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Where is the announcement? I cannot find it in the dev blog.

 

ST 0.10.4, "Battle of beasts", collection "German destroyers" and interface update. - Development blog BETA (worldofwarships.com)

 

About half-way down between Auction and CB announcement. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
752 posts
19,990 battles
11 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

well hidden.

 

naughty, naughty, very very naughty......Ebeneezer Goode .  BTW next in the premium shop.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
3,735 posts
18,027 battles

/WG mode on

Another quality of life update requested by the community.

/WG mode off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

How can it not be worse than now?

We are talking about WG afterall... so i expected some really dumbshit and get less flags than currently :cap_fainting:

Well the CCs yelling how players get 2 much free s*it must be happy as with every update free stuff gets less and less, soon the f2p will be limited to T1-3 and only prem account will get you to t10... :cap_tea:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,079 battles
3 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

soon the f2p will be limited to T1-3 and only prem account will get you to t10... :cap_tea:

This is planned to reduce the tier 10s pressure on the tier 8s...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,204 posts
1 hour ago, Aetius85 said:

Well, we can always farm tons of flags with standard italian containers :Smile_trollface:

we are very close to being spoiled and wows economy is under big pressure thanks to that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
6,977 posts
15,475 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

less flags than currently

I can't imagine there is the slightest possibility that it will be otherwise...!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,204 posts

in russian stream they said that they will not hurt the players so perhaps those missions will not be that hard ...

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,739 posts
11,844 battles

Community: The achievements are bugged!

WeeGee: No. They are fine.

Community: Here and here and here and here and here.

WeeGee: Okay. Rewards for achievements removed.

Community: No... Not th.. Not what... Oh ffs...

 

22xen0.jpg

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,797 posts
33,777 battles

"Brawl

From June 7 to June 14, a 12 vs 12 Brawl will be held on Tier X ships in the "Arms Race" mode."

 

^^How is this any different than Random mode except with timed caps giving little buffs?

I didn't see anyone here asking for a 12 vs 12 Brawl but more 1vs1.  

I mean really, wtf?

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[O-V]
Players
117 posts
8,912 battles

My pocket of forks is empty 

 

There are.... no forks given ...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

You don't know this yet. It's entirely possible we'll get as many or more flags with the new system.
Please [edited] about bad changes we know of, there's plenty of those recently.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,759 posts
15,330 battles

But on the positive note:

Added "World of Warships: The Beautiful Game" flag and patch.

:cap_like:

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,204 posts
Just now, DariusJacek said:

But on the positive note:

Added "World of Warships: The Beautiful Game" flag and patch.

:cap_like:

these flags and patches ....

i cant imagine how they can talk about such crap with serious faces

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,339 posts
20,612 battles

Guess the rewards will be very small but not that surprising, why should good play get rewarded everyone should get the same thing because mediocrity rules! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
4,939 posts
20,778 battles
4 hours ago, Aetius85 said:

Just read in latest development blog  WG will remove the rewards for achievements in battle, introducing a mission for the reward..someone can explain this? I see it only as a way to milk more the players in order to buy flags for credits/coal/doubloons.

It's meant to drain the players of standard flags. WG went out of its way to drain all the resources players accumulated over time.

 

Knowing WG, this is a worse-ification.

How often do average players get achievements? As of now, average joe gets lucky and gets a bunch of achievements in one game and gets (for most of them ) 10 signals. 

 

After this sh*tty rework, you have to play a chain of missions (plural!), in which you have to get the achievements in order to get the rewards (and knowing WG, rhey will reduce the number of rewards, that's why they make it a "chain of missions" and we'll most likely get a "but with said chain it equals out" response. In the meantime, most players will play dozens of games, using up their signals.

 

So, average Joe will most likely get shafted, so will team players. The only ones who will benefit from this change - to a certain degree - are unicums and try hard divisions.

 

And of course WG, cause this means that people are forced to spend resources on signals,  or have to buy them in the premium store,  which has conveniently two packs (100 and 300) with standard signals available - which nobody has bought in the past 4 years. Lucky us.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
1 hour ago, Trench4nt said:

Maybe we should wait for the missions before calling doomsday.

Whatever the "mission chain that requires you to collect achievements" ends up being I am reasonably sure the collect part means more then one will be involved unlike now...

 

Only positive thing might be if they increase the number of flags dramatically and/or dont limit the number of the reruns you can do during one day but I find that very unlikely...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BATES]
Players
1,057 posts
13,610 battles
13 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Whatever the "mission chain that requires you to collect achievements" ends up being I am reasonably sure the collect part means more then one will be involved unlike now...

 

Only positive thing might be if they increase the number of flags dramatically and/or dont limit the number of the reruns you can do during one day but I find that very unlikely...

This. 

Adding mission is requesting more effort for something we obtain already getting the achievement. Could make sense only if the flags number is a lot higher or can be multiple per day, but really doubt wg will do this move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×