You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

skill changes: free respec for ALL commanders

105 comments in this topic

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

I agree a free respec for all caps like the one we had is warranted, it can last for a few days if needbe instead of a month but it should be there, people need to be able to try the new builds and settle on their desired ones...

• Cool 6

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,099 posts
10,311 battles

image.thumb.png.aba139c81bf26674d03b950a471ab338.png

At this point you're just whining for the sake of whining.

• Bad 19

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
1 minute ago, SV_Kompresor said:

Deadeye is not the only change

• Cool 2

[THESO]
4,099 posts
10,311 battles
Just now, Yedwy said:

Deadeye is not the only change

It's the only one that will affect the meta

• Bad 16

[-AP-]
Players
2,972 posts
7,161 battles
2 minutes ago, SV_Kompresor said:

There are changes to the captain skills of EVERY class... and even if there wasnt, deadeye in itself would change the meta enough to affect the builds of most ships

• Cool 7

[THESO]
4,099 posts
10,311 battles
2 minutes ago, thiextar said:

and even if there wasnt, deadeye in itself would change the meta enough to affect the builds of most ships 

I highly doubt it. There is no ship in which I took a certain skill just because I know that the enemy BBs have dead eye. Dead eye made sniping deadlier. It did not change the gameplay meta for other ships.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 3

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

I highly doubt it. There is no ship in which I took a certain skill just because I know that the enemy BBs have dead eye

Some people thought its funny to go Cruiser-lighthouse build because going closer is suicide, so they played with 20km concealment :Smile_medal:

(not me, just saying)

• Cool 6

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
752 posts
19,958 battles

I would have been happy if there was just a button I could have pressed just to reset all 250+ commanders, so I had to build them the next time I used them.

[-AP-]
Players
2,972 posts
7,161 battles

I highly doubt it. There is no ship in which I took a certain skill just because I know that the enemy BBs have dead eye. Dead eye made sniping deadlier. It did not change the gameplay meta for other ships.

You dont pick skills because an enemy battleship might have deeadeye, but you do pick skills based on the meta that you are playing in. And deadeye created an extra passive long range kiting meta, so you picked skills for such a meta.

• Cool 8

Players
3,972 posts
20,132 battles
22 minutes ago, SV_Kompresor said:

You are so wrong. :Smile_facepalm:

Deadeye caused more campy meta. There might be people who speced evetything for range just because the meta is campy. For example cruisers without concealment build to farm from max range. 

Besides there is an interesting skill for gun boat DDs. If a skill gets changed which will effect DDs, there should be free respec. Right now, maybe i dont care about enemy DDs who has this skill because concealment debuff. But after the changes, i woild definitely care because there wont be debuff anymore.

Edit: Wanted to add some wg people here just to see their fairytale i mean their explanation about that. @MrConway @Tanatoy @YabbaCoe 

I wonder how they are going to try to justify this lets say "stinky brown/yellow thing" move :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 14

[THESO]
4,099 posts
10,311 battles
1 minute ago, ghostbuster_ said:

You are so wrong:Smile_facepalm:

I must be...after all, you said so.

• Boring 1

Players
7,309 posts
11,668 battles
3 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

There might be people who speced evetything for range just because the meta is campy. 

Yup, me for example.

3 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

Besides there is an interesting skill for gun boat DDs

And that aswell - its already enought to warrant a captain respec for DDs.

• Cool 7

Players
3,972 posts
20,132 battles
Just now, SV_Kompresor said:

I must be...after all, you said so.

You definitely are. Btw. Its not only me, just saying.

[THESO]
4,099 posts
10,311 battles
4 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

You definitely are. Btw. Its not only me, just saying.

And yet the meta for other classes didn't change much with the introduction of dead eye.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 3

[-AP-]
Players
2,972 posts
7,161 battles

And yet the meta for other classes didn't change much with the introduction of dead eye.

it didnt?????

Also, just changing the fearless brawler skill is enough to warrant respecs for dds. And the surviviability expert change will change the builds for some cruisers(looks at zao)

• Cool 7

Players
3,972 posts
20,132 battles
Just now, SV_Kompresor said:

Im not sure you understand what meta stands for since you made it obvious that you have absolutely no idea about how meta was affected by deadeye.

For example, i have seen people who dont spec concealment on hindi and take all skills for from range damage farming. This because the meta became more campy. If meta wasnt that campy, they might play hindi with concealment and reload. Ringing any bells? Or still no sight of light?

• Cool 2

[THESO]
4,099 posts
10,311 battles

Im not sure you understand what meta stands for since you made it obvious that you have absolutely no idea about how meta was affected by deadeye.

For example, i have seen people who dont spec concealment on hindi and take all skills for from range damage farming. This because the meta became more campy. If meta wasnt that campy, they might play hindi with concealment and reload. Ringing any bells? Or still no sight of light?

Concealment is still meta for pretty much all cruisers. Concealment and survivability is still meta for pretty much all DDs. A few people went for the meme lighthouse build but that's about it. And even then they're fairly rare.

• Bad 1

Players
3,972 posts
20,132 battles

Concealment is still meta for pretty much all cruisers. Concealment and survivability is still meta for pretty much all DDs. A few people went for the meme lighthouse build but that's about it. And even then they're fairly rare.

How do you know it is rare? Even i have seen many people even changing dm to max range build. 

Speaking of dds. The change on dd skill. The removal of concealment debuff. It was a very bad skill. Right now it became really good and the potato who speced it before changes is gonna have advantage over you because he made a stupid decision. Nope. This skill will effect dds. This alone should be enough to give free respec to players.

• Cool 6

[NANY]
Players
284 posts
4 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

How do you know it is rare? Even i have seen many people even changing dm to max range build. 

Speaking of dds. The change on dd skill. The removal of concealment debuff. It was a very bad skill. Right now it became really good and the potato who speced it before changes is gonna have advantage over you because he made a stupid decision. Nope. This skill will effect dds. This alone should be enough to give free respec to players.

I do agree, it should be a totally respec because the changes counts for every ship class. Not only for the BB players that choosed 'Dead eye' as a captain skill. 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
4,099 posts
10,311 battles
5 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

Because I haven't met a single one yet.

And you know for a fact that they chose that because of dead eye? Hell, I play a range mod DM and have done so since the start.

Players
3,972 posts
20,132 battles
3 minutes ago, SV_Kompresor said:

And you know for a fact that they chose that because of dead eye? Hell, I play a range mod DM and have done so since the start.

People talk you know... :Smile_facepalm: yes i do know for sure because they said they changed it due to the long range sniping meta which is the result of deadeye. 

And i see you skip all parts about DD skill changes? Couldnt find anything to say?

Btw range mod dm since the start? Questionable.

[H-M-S]
Players
70 posts
12,612 battles

I have to post this here also

WG decides to make changes to the captain skills (that no one asked for), we get to be the Beta-testers and when we finally adapt, they change this again (cruiser and destroyer) and now WE have to pay for it to stay competitive. Meta is changing with Deadeye gone, and I want to change my captains to the new landscape as well as taking part of the buffed skills for DDs.  No, I have to pay for that now...

How can WG be so clueless to this F*CKING disgusting way of behaving? It’s like they want to burn all the bridges as fast as possible and erase the small amount of good will they still have from their customers. After all the cynical decisions they have been making, there is hardly any good will left. All I feel is contempt for this company. Let them rust in their old archaic soviet mindset, without our money.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
4,099 posts
10,311 battles

People talk you know... :Smile_facepalm: yes i do know for sure because they said they changed it due to the long range sniping meta which is the result of deadeye.  

Which does not make it meta.

And i see you skip all parts about DD skill changes? Couldnt find anything to say? 

Mostly cause I don't think it makes that much of a difference. But keep trying.

• Bad 1