You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
leonport

ST 0.10.4, CHANGES TO COMMANDER'S SKILLS

50 comments in this topic

[TEPES]
Players
229 posts
5,040 battles

lets talk about what skills wg changed

Cruiser's skills

"Survivability expert"

• The hit point bonus for each ship tier has been increased from 350 to 450.
  • The enhanced skill has increased its hit point bonus from 400 to 500

i think this is a nice change and will make survivability expert mandatory for low hp cruisers

next is

Destroyer's skills

"Extra Heavy AP Shells"

• Damage of main battery AP shells increased from 5 to 7.5%

"Fearless Brawler"

• Removed the penalty to the ship's detectability.

extra heavy ap shells will be devestating for ships like ijn gunboats and RU DDS

also fearless brawler without a penalty will be mandatory for smaland and other smokeless dds

Aircraft Carrier's skills

"Enhanced Reactions"

• The 25% penalty to the action time of the "Patrol Fighters" or "Interceptor" consumables has been replaced with a 25% bonus.

this can make this skill now is nearly a direct upgrade to your fighters, i think this might see play after the changes

Battleship's skills

"Super Heavy AP Shells"

• Damage of main battery AP shells increased from 5 to 7.5%;
  • Fire extinguishing time and flooding recovery time reduced from 30 to 25%.

"Dead Eye"

• Skill changed to "Swift in Silence": Increases your ship's speed by 10% while she remains undetected

change to super heavy ap shells will make it MAYBE worth picking for ijn bbs because 7.5% can make differance but 25% fire duration is still to much downside i still think this skill is garbage in general

DEADEYE is gone and it got replaced by a random shitty skill that probably no bb will pick, i don'T see any point of the new swift in silence skill, maybe some bbs like thunderer or conqeror can make good use of it but in general this skill is really bad for 4 points, good thing we will get a free reset EDIT:i just realised this skill is actually aimed towards the new USN BB's and it will balance out their main weakness which is great now with this skill their maximum speed will be 26,6 knots which hey its not that bad and will make the boring playstyle a bit less boring

on the other hand where are the secondary buffs? Im very dissapointed at you wargaming thank you for killing my favourite builds, and you are saying we can't expect any changes untill autumn? i think i reward this by not buying the next dockyard ship.

Obama out..

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[WDG]
Players
95 posts
7,979 battles
3 minuty temu, leonport napisał:

also fearless brawler without a penalty will be mandatory for smaland and other smokeless dds

But no free reset for destroyer skills. Great....

• Cool 8

[CZSKN]
Players
99 posts
4,081 battles
Před 13 minutami Montrala řekl/a:

Classic WG greed, they fail to do something and punish players for that and in case you want to do some change due to DE long range meta gone, you need to pay for that. I guarantee you that if people would be treated like that in the shop, they will rage and never visit that shop again. Imagine going to the dentist, they will fix one of your teeth, but the filler will fall out a week later, but your dentist asking you to pay again for refill that tooth :)

• Cool 7

Modder
5,388 posts
24,434 battles

So having almost all captains with 0 skills was a good idea. This was to be expected. After "autumn free respec" and further balancing, expect the same. This is so nice.

btw. they should just tell straight - You want right and up-to date build ? Just pay us ex. 50 Euro with every ballance change.

• Cool 7

Players
2,731 posts
15,245 battles
5 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

Just pay us ex. 50 Euro with every ballance change.

50 Euro?

You are cheap.:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[NECRO]
Players
3,091 posts

Every time I expect them to fk things up even more - what I actually DO expect every time they try to "fix" or "rework" something - they do not disappoint me.

• Cool 2

[_I_]
Players
1,028 posts
20,829 battles
2 hours ago, Montrala said:

Of course, didn't we all expect that? Another reason to write some bad reviews...

[SWN]
Players
188 posts
8,494 battles
2 hours ago, leonport said:

Battleship's skills

"Super Heavy AP Shells"

• Damage of main battery AP shells increased from 5 to 7.5%;
  • Fire extinguishing time and flooding recovery time reduced from 30 to 25%.

"Dead Eye"

• Skill changed to "Swift in Silence": Increases your ship's speed by 10% while she remains undetected

change to super heavy ap shells will make it MAYBE worth picking for ijn bbs because 7.5% can make differance but 25% fire duration is still to much downside i still think this skill is garbage in general

DEADEYE is gone and it got replaced by a random shitty skill that probably no bb will pick, i don'T see any point of the new swift in silence skill, maybe some bbs like thunderer or conqeror can make good use of it but in general this skill is really bad for 4 points, good thing we will get a free reset EDIT:i just realised this skill is actually aimed towards the new USN BB's and it will balance out their main weakness which is great now with this skill their maximum speed will be 26,6 knots which hey its not that bad and will make the boring playstyle a bit less boring

on the other hand where are the secondary buffs? Im very dissapointed at you wargaming thank you for killing my favourite builds, and you are saying we can't expect any changes untill autumn? i think i reward this by not buying the next dockyard ship.

Obama out..

Super Heavy AP shells: still a nono for me.  I really don't like the idea of adding a penalty to a skill, If  I spend skill points on a talent I don't want to get a penalty for choosing a skill. It's an immediate nono for me. They should just keep it at 5% and remove the penalty or even make it 3%.. 

Swift in silence, are the developers really this stupid? Putting the why, or if at all, you should pick this talent aside, makeing it percentage based is just rtarded. 

The ships that you would hope could profit from this (slow BBs) get the smallest gain from the talent because it's % based. The ships that don't need it become meme-worthty. Just imagine a Georgia speedboosting with this talent... 

%-based buffs are rtarded, something the somewhat competent developers of yesteryear realised and they changed all % based skill to fixed rate skills years a go. Now with these new kiddy developers they are makeing the same mistake again.. 

[SWN]
Players
188 posts
8,494 battles

And btw adding swift in silence is also:

-very lazy copy paste work.

-negates one of the reasons for the rework even more: haveing different trees for different classes. If they keep this up pretty soon all commander trees will be the same again lol 

Can't believe it took them 2 or 3 months just to do a ctrl+c ctrl+v

• Cool 2

[TACHA]
Players
357 posts
6,584 battles

To think a Georgia will be able to fold space and jump from one side of the map to the other, epic.

• Funny 2

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,188 posts

I would've rather seen the cruiser skill that increases DPM in close ranges given to battleships, the same bonus for main guns removed from the secondary skill and the secondary skill buffed. It's just stupid that we don't get full resets, though, now that there's a new mandatory skill for gunboat DDs. WG are going to wait until autumn, release the rest of the changes and then again be surprised about how everyone is suddenly taking 10% bonus to DD guns.

• Cool 1

[H-M-S]
Players
69 posts
12,600 battles

WG decides to make changes to the captain skills (that no one asked for), we get to be the Beta-testers and when we finally adapt, they change this again (cruiser and destroyer) and now WE have to pay for it to stay competitive.

How can WG be so clueless to this F*CKING disgusting way of behaving? It’s like they want to burn all the bridges as fast as possible and erase the small amount of good will they still have from their customers. After all the cynical decisions they have been making, there is hardly any good will left. All I feel is contempt for this company. Let them rust in their old archaic soviet mindset, without our money.

• Cool 6

[V888]
Beta Tester
407 posts
30,146 battles

I’m not prone to overreactions, so believe me when I say, no free reset on other classes as well as BBS is making me wonder if I should abandon this game and company. Really poor....

• Cool 3

[-RDE-]
Players
351 posts
28,907 battles
7 minutes ago, Shagulon said:

I’m not prone to overreactions, so believe me when I say, no free reset on other classes as well as BBS is making me wonder if I should abandon this game and company. Really poor....

there should be the full reset button again imho..

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,902 posts
15,440 battles
3 minutes ago, humpty_1 said:

there should be the full reset button again imho..

This.

Of course, there won't be, because WG so clearly don't understand the basics of public relations, and the fact that it helps if you try and avoid making your customers openly hostile...

Oh well, I won't be spending money resetting those captains I have specced, and have no shortage of ones that are still zeroed... <shrugs>

• Cool 1

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,905 battles

Im trusting that everyones captains will be automatically reset with this change? No?

suicide.jpg.8bfece84028e3fab72c076d82536839c.jpg

• Funny 2

Players
179 posts
23,602 battles

No free reset? Are you [edited]kidding? 

Hey WG, pull up my account....loook at how much I’ve whaled on ships and premium time.....until these reworks......

now look at how much I’ve spent since?

see the correlation?

• Cool 2

[INTRO]
Players
910 posts
19,071 battles
Vor 21 Minuten, Murqy sagte:

WG decides to make changes to the captain skills (that no one asked for), we get to be the Beta-testers and when we finally adapt, they change this again (cruiser and destroyer) and now WE have to pay for it to stay competitive.

It is a proven concept for WG.

The CV rework also basically was a public beta (If even that. How many times they changed AA mechanics afterwards?) and it seems enough people kept paying them, to carry on.

[H-M-S]
Players
69 posts
12,600 battles
1 minute ago, The_Finnster said:

No free reset? Are you [edited]kidding? 

Hey WG, pull up my account....loook at how much I’ve whaled on ships and premium time.....until these reworks......

now look at how much I’ve spent since? 

see the correlation?

Dont bother m8, they dont understand the concept of good will.

Players
4,381 posts
5,713 battles

"Dead Eye"

We strengthened the foregoing skills, as they were conceded to other skills of similar cost in terms of combat effectiveness, which also affected their popularity.

We decided to replace "Dead Eye" with a skill that enhances the battleship's positioning capabilities. "Swift in Silence" will allow battleships to quickly enter the battle or change positions during the battle.

With the release of 0.10.4, all commanders who have learned "Dead Eye" will have battleship skills reset for free. Skills of other classes won't be reset.

Oh boy. +3 knots for BBs in concealment. Yup, that will sure help me to quicker get into battle and out :Smile_trollface:

Oh well, at least free cap reset is next month

[NEXT]
Players
6,076 posts
12,157 battles
3 hours ago, Psychatogg said:

Classic WG greed, they fail to do something and punish players for that and in case you want to do some change due to DE long range meta gone, you need to pay for that. I guarantee you that if people would be treated like that in the shop, they will rage and never visit that shop again. Imagine going to the dentist, they will fix one of your teeth, but the filler will fall out a week later, but your dentist asking you to pay again for refill that tooth :)

I personally would offer a all reset again, nobody would complain about that, but on the other hand, I don't see a big issue there. I think every patch should be a balancing patch and tweaking with captain and ship stats, but offering then every month a reset would be also weird.

Players
1,077 posts
18,199 battles

I am so glad i did the correct thing a few weeks ago

1. kept all captains resetted

2. "bought" Lütjens, skilled his 10 points for all my german premiums

3. played coop and scenario only

4. stopped playing because of shoulder pain (helped to let the time go by)

5. not suprised and more importantly not affected by the typical WG move now

Life can be good ;)

• Cool 4

[NEXT]
Players
6,076 posts
12,157 battles
4 minutes ago, JG4_sKylon said:

I am so glad i did the correct thing a few weeks ago

1. kept all captains resetted

2. "bought" Lütjens, skilled his 10 points for all my german premiums

3. played coop and scenario only

4. stopped playing because of shoulder pain (helped to let the time go by)

5. not suprised and more importantly not affected by the typical WG move now

Life can be good ;)

Most of my captains are still resetted, too. Only a few are skilled and those even are usuable on 4 different ship types :3