Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VeryHonarbrah

BBs build now exactly the same as pre-rework post dead eye gone.

21 comments in this topic

Players
376 posts
12,403 battles

So now we are full circle, BBs are now back to exactly the same as pre rework. Huge evolution from tank builds + CE pre rework, to tank builds + CE post rework. Actually less choice than before since sec builds are dead, net less builds than before..... isn't this completely opposite from what was sold to us. Good that dead eye is gone though, just more a message on the failure of the rework to build variety. Diversity.thumb.JPG.4abd52640262d7d11b3a77187e1c638b.JPG

• Cool 14
  • Funny 1

[TEPES]
Players
229 posts
5,046 battles
20 minutes ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

So now we are full circle, BBs are now back to exactly the same as pre rework. Huge evolution from tank builds + CE pre rework, to tank builds + CE post rework. Actually less choice than before since sec builds are dead, net less builds than before..... isn't this completely opposite from what was sold to us. Good that dead eye is gone though, just more a message on the failure of the rework to build variety.

I will not buy anything from wg untill my secondaries power level is  not back as it was before 0.10.0

Wg if you read this, This is the feedback i give you: remember every penny that i would have spent on the game if secondaies didn't get butchered is absent from your company's wallet from now on

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[TACHA]
Players
260 posts
945 battles

I'm trying to view this positively. I think it's great that they got rid of dead eye. 

As you note, the remaining skills are limited and impoverished compared to what they used to be.

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

And AR+SI being more expensive and SI being less useful than before.

Same stuff, now 1,2 million commander XP more than before :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 10

Players
376 posts
12,403 battles
22 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

And AR+SI being more expensive and SI being less useful than before.

Same stuff, now 1,2 million commander XP more than before :Smile_hiding:

yeah its all just net more expensive than before :cap_wander:

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
1,204 posts
1 hour ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

So now we are full circle, BBs are now back to exactly the same as pre rework. Huge evolution from tank builds + CE pre rework, to tank builds + CE post rework. Actually less choice than before since sec builds are dead, net less builds than before..... isn't this completely opposite from what was sold to us. Good that dead eye is gone though, just more a message on the failure of the rework to build variety.

no, they cost now more and they are not as good ...

expecting compensation offer from wg/lesta, same about supersruisers

like it was with kutuzov and belfast some time ago

Beta Tester
365 posts
9,551 battles
1 hour ago, SodaBubbles said:

I'm trying to view this positively. I think it's great that they got rid of dead eye. 

As you note, the remaining skills are limited and impoverished compared to what they used to be.

No, it isn't. Stop saying that. That's like saying 'I'm glad Mercedes fixed the engine of my car' when they sold it to you in a broken state.

Deadeye was busted from the beginning. Every single player, every CC with a basic understanding of the game, pointed that out the second it was first shown on the dev blog. WG went on and released it in that state anyway, and what happened? Exactly what everyone said. All the [edited] claims on the stream from Conway and Chrysantos (not blaming them, they simply relay the info they are given), that the rework will encourage diversity in builds, was thrown out of the window into the burning dumpster fire that this rework is. Every battleship player who didn't go for the memes with secondaries for shits and giggles specced Deadeye, concealment and fire prevention, with very VERY few exceptions. And they didn't even manage to implement a system that lets you know when the skill is active or not, because [edited]why expend the effort when you know perfectly well that you'll be getting rid of the skill soon anyway?

This rework accomplished nothing other than putting cash into WGs pocket, which was exactly what it was supposed to do. Nothing else. 

• Cool 10

[SM0KE]
Players
6,953 posts
15,461 battles

Deadeye being chopped is an excellent development (although it probably shouldn't have made it beyond test in the first place).

I never really bought into WG's 'greater diversity' spiel for the captain rework, although in the case of my favourite class (DDs) you can make a case that there is now more than one viable build for high point captains; I always believed that the main point from WG's perspective was to remove elite captain xp from the game for a bit (by means of the ludicrous price for a maxed out captain), while at the same time reducing the impact of captains on the game generally (hence the nerfs to things like BFT etc.). Bonus points for people who take competitive seriously and feel the need to spend money to get a maxed out captain.

Oh well, we'll just have to see what else they change over the next several months (whilst, naturally, skillfully avoiding the possibility of free respecs along the way). Some love for the cruisers wouldn't go amiss, for a start.

• Cool 2

[MUMMY]
Players
676 posts
10,481 battles

I love the variety and diversity.  

Another WarGaming task failed, GG WG :cap_old:

• Funny 2

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Topic needs a picture so people who pay less attention know the only viable build in the diverse skill tree will be as follows come patch 0.10.3

Diversity.thumb.JPG.4abd52640262d7d11b3a77187e1c638b.JPG

Basically the exact same build everyone ran before the rework.

I love this game but I really don't get what they're doing half the time.

• Cool 2

[MON]
Players
32 posts
15,732 battles

Lol So we replace must have skill to never pick skill :-D. More diversity was a main goal of rework and it end with 1 build for every ship now when secondaries are useless :-D

• Cool 2

Players
799 posts
10,998 battles
30 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Neither do they, all of the time

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
30 minutes ago, loki51 said:

Lol So we replace must have skill to never pick skill :-D

Pretty much

10% more speed, sometimes (and only in no-cv games) for 4 points
Hard pass obviously

[URUC]
Players
372 posts

Dead eye is removed at 10.04 - May patch, i suppose.

"Dead Eye"

• Skill changed to "Swift in Silence": Increases your ship's speed by 10% while she remains undetected

i find impressive that they modify the captain skill rework in only 4 months - but after 16  months still no rework of the CV failure.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/141

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Players
376 posts
12,403 battles
1 hour ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Topic needs a picture so people who pay less attention know the only viable build in the diverse skill tree will be as follows come patch 0.10.3

Diversity.thumb.JPG.4abd52640262d7d11b3a77187e1c638b.JPG

Basically the exact same build everyone ran before the rework.

done ty guy

Players
376 posts
12,403 battles

arguably u could not run dead eye on certain ships, mostly talking about the ru bbs, so u then had 2 total builds. Now its down to one :P

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
2 hours ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

arguably u could not run dead eye on certain ships, mostly talking about the ru bbs, so u then had 2 total builds. Now its down to one :P

Pretty much, there was the russian BB build and the non-russian BB build
Now there's just the BB build.
Diversity and stuff.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,079 battles

Maybe you guys forgot that they still consider CV rework a succes?  :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,690 posts
18,027 battles

4 points is prolly a bit too much for swift in silence. But I could see some use for IT smoke BB here. 

Not on Bourg or Georgia. They are fast enough imo. 

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
1 hour ago, 159Hunter said:

4 points is prolly a bit too much for swift in silence.

Jee, ya think? 4 points for this is dumber than 3500HP on a GK before the rework

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,944 posts
21,697 battles

If anyone honestly believes the cpt skill rework was made to promote variety then they're very naive.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this