You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ollonborre

Bye bye Deadeye, you will not be missed

42 comments in this topic

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,214 posts
10,287 battles

Screenshot_407.png

So they got rid of a skill that should never have been implemented in the first place, oh well it atleast did not take 1 year to collect the data this time.

• Cool 22

[SHAD]
Players
3,783 posts
15,168 battles

Swift in silence could be fun but I doubt it's worth it on a battleship.

Dead eye is dead. I am very happy.

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, gopher31 said:

Swift in silence could be fun but I doubt it's worth it on a battleship.

Especially for 4 pts...

3pt skill, and instead of 10% it should give flat boost like 4kts. Then it would be worthwhile for slow BBs, while 10% buff only makes it good for BBs that are already fast (and still too expensive for 4pts) like Bourgogne or Georgia.

• Cool 12

[WDG]
Players
95 posts
8,001 battles

So we also get significant change to destroyer skills, that has big impact on build decisions, but no free reset. Great job WG!

Cytat

"Fearless Brawler"

• Removed the penalty to the ship's detectability.

• Cool 10

[REIGN]
Beta Tester
77 posts
19,726 battles
3 minutes ago, Montrala said:

So we also get significant change to destroyer skills, that has big impact on build decisions, but no free reset. Great job WG!

Just put your dd capt on a premium BB and train for deadeye if you want to have a free reset. I doubt WG will try to implement partial reset (i.e. reset for only one branch).

• Cool 3

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts
3,922 battles
14 minutes ago, Cirno9999 said:

french speedboost go brrrr xD

If I've worked it out right Bourgogne would do 40 knts (32 + (32x.15) + (32x.10) = 40)

• Funny 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,716 battles

So this is done in order not to give us free speccing or we will still get a free spec? What if I don’t wanna change the dead eye skill for swift in silence? How will extra 1-1.5 knots help slow BBs to position?

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,333 posts
7,886 battles
1 minute ago, Chocan said:

Just put your dd capt on a premium BB and train for deadeye if you want to have a free reset. I doubt WG will try to implement partial reset (i.e. reset for only one branch).

The free reset is just on BB skills !!

• Cool 1

[TOHOU]
Players
312 posts
4,560 battles

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/141

Further steps

The next skill changes are not planned until autumn, as improvements and reworks take time to develop and test. We will work to balance a number of skills, and try to improve or replace the most unpopular skills.

Over the last few updates we have been collecting statistics and feedback on how the updated skills have affected the game balance. After the changes in 0.10.4, we plan to focus on the state of individual ships most affected by the skill system update, and make changes if needed.

As part of these changes, we are planning a free skill reset for all players.

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
4,668 posts
19,130 battles
12 minutes ago, Cirno9999 said:

french speedboost go brrrr xD

My 41 knot Georgia would like a word. :Smile_amazed:

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts
3,922 battles
Just now, Execute0rder66 said:

So this is done in order not to give us free speccing or we will still get a free spec? What if I don’t wanna change the dead eye skill for swift in silence? How will extra 1-1.5 knots help slow BBs to position?

Says anyone with Dead Eye gets a free respec

• Cool 1

[WDG]
Players
95 posts
8,001 battles
1 minutę temu, Chocan napisał:

Never underestimate power of WG!

Cytat

With the release of 0.10.4, all commanders who have learned "Dead Eye" will have battleship skills reset for free. Skills of other classes won't be reset.

• Cool 1

[TOHOU]
Players
312 posts
4,560 battles
4 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

If I've worked it out right Bourgogne would do 40 knts (32 + (32x.15) + (32x.10) = 40)

probably i throw tow ropes at you from my colorado then xD

• Funny 1

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts
3,922 battles
1 minute ago, Communist_Loli said:

Still kinda sad that they didn't address secondary skills. 

They gotta release a load of new prems first with improved secondaries. You know lets create a problem and then sell them a solution.

Probably a simple cut and paste of ships we already have, low effort maximum profit.

• Cool 3

[NECRO]
Players
3,130 posts
Vor 8 Minuten, Chocan sagte:

I doubt WG will try to implement partial reset (i.e. reset for only one branch).

But this is what they plan to do. BB skill reset only.

Read their sh*tpost.

• Cool 1

[REIGN]
Beta Tester
77 posts
19,726 battles
5 minutes ago, Montrala said:

Never underestimate power of WG!

I underestimated their greed and overestimated their laziness.

Edited by Chocan
Typo
  • Funny 1

[TOHOU]
Players
312 posts
4,560 battles

Further steps

The next skill changes are not planned until autumn, as improvements and reworks take time to develop and test. We will work to balance a number of skills, and try to improve or replace the most unpopular skills.

Over the last few updates we have been collecting statistics and feedback on how the updated skills have affected the game balance. After the changes in 0.10.4, we plan to focus on the state of individual ships most affected by the skill system update, and make changes if needed.

[CZSKN]
Players
99 posts
4,081 battles

Just BB reskill is not enough!!! Some other classes may change the builds when DE is gone. What a show of greed from WG, there you go. Only care about milking players even after their clear fail with CPT rework. 

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
10 minutes ago, Cirno9999 said:

That's in autumn, i.e half a year from now. Until then every captain you have -except for the ones in deadeye battleships- can't adjust to the new skills without forking over the money.

-Fearless brawler is actually useful now, too bad you can't have it until october.

-Masochists who were still playing cruisers in the deadeye meta set up their ships for super long range HE spam, to keep them viable, to counter battleships sitting at 25km, they took stuff like spotter plane skill and AA skills instead of buffed AP shells and top grade gunner, too bad you're stuck with the wrong skills for 6 months.

I like the changes but I didn't expect them to limit respec to deadeye BB builds only, everyone else adapted to the deadeye meta and they're stuck with what they got.

• Cool 6

Players
31 posts
18,209 battles

WG make weird/greedy WG things again (surprised pikachu meme) nobody should be surprised at this point that we won't get to reskill everything for free. The whole point of this rework was to make more money.
I can already see the upcoming shitstorm during the next offical stream and how surprised they will be that the community isn't happy for their generous offer.

• Cool 2