You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

9 comments in this topic

[VETS]
Players
145 posts

It has happened on a few occasions now, that ships that first are behind rocks only are first visible again when they are far away from the rock, although you have good view. This leads to unfair advantage to the ship coming from behind the rock and it makes big game changes.

This has to be dealt with in order to achieve a more balanced battle.

Ad I am talking about distances of 2 km not 20 km

It is impossible a ship like Montana cannot be seen 2 km away

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,407 posts
16,347 battles

15,790 battles and you dont know how spoting works? 

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,724 posts
11,813 battles

It is not about how spotting "works" because it obviously doesn't work. I have had games where I had direct LoS on the enemy Musashi and he disappeared after 3-4 seconds that he shot. And he was 15-17 km away only.

Also torps not being visible or suddenly slip a bit over to hit ...

There is currently a sh*tload amount of bugs ingame.

• Cool 1

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,407 posts
16,347 battles
14 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

It is not about how spotting "works" because it obviously doesn't work. I have had games where I had direct LoS on the enemy Musashi and he disappeared after 3-4 seconds that he shot. And he was 15-17 km away only.

TBH i dont belive you, but well the situation op was describing is just how spoting works, if some point of ship (centre or the highest point im unsure wich it was) is not visble cos island entire ship is not visble, derfore you can be 3 km from yama, yama shoots you and you cant see him. Just how the game works. 

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,284 posts
Vor 18 Minuten, Humorpalanta sagte:

I have had games where I had direct LoS on the enemy Musashi and he disappeared after 3-4 seconds that he shot. And he was 15-17 km away only.

and in which ship were you sitting?

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,724 posts
11,813 battles
2 hours ago, Tanaka_15 said:

TBH i dont belive you, but well the situation op was describing is just how spoting works, if some point of ship (centre or the highest point im unsure wich it was) is not visble cos island entire ship is not visble, derfore you can be 3 km from yama, yama shoots you and you cant see him. Just how the game works. 

Not just some point. The ships have some certain "detection points" which activate at the time of LoS and makes the ship visible.

2 hours ago, Klopirat said:

and in which ship were you sitting?

Jean Bart. Straight water. No island near.

[VETS]
Players
145 posts
6 hours ago, Tanaka_15 said:

15,790 battles and you dont know how spoting works? 

I do know how spotting works, but this has nothing to do with spotting. It is an algorithm problem and needs to be fixed.