You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CrniVrag

New Captain skills problem

13 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
284 posts
7,150 battles

Hi guys, I've been away for like 6-7 months now and wanted to check up how things are going. I encountered a pretty major problem now.

I thought that after the captain skills changes all of our points would be reset so we could pick new ones, to my horror it seems they should have been manually redistributed for a short period of time after which you need to pay dubs or elite captain experience in order to do so. Now I'm stuck with 80% of my captains having at least 2 skills that are not desireable for said captains/ships.

So just being curious, whoever was away for that period of time where free resets were possible, is now pretty much screwed? Because if so, I'd rather not even try to return... :cap_fainting:

• Cool 3

Players
3,972 posts
20,132 battles
13 minutes ago, CrniVrag said:

Hi guys, I've been away for like 6-7 months now and wanted to check up how things are going. I encountered a pretty major problem now.

I thought that after the captain skills changes all of our points would be reset so we could pick new ones, to my horror it seems they should have been manually redistributed for a short period of time after which you need to pay dubs or elite captain experience in order to do so. Now I'm stuck with 80% of my captains having at least 2 skills that are not desireable for said captains/ships.

So just being curious, whoever was away for that period of time where free resets were possible, is now pretty much screwed? Because if so, I'd rather not even try to return... :cap_fainting:

you are pretty much screwed unless you let your wallet talk the only language WG understands and cares about. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
284 posts
7,150 battles
Just now, ghostbuster_ said:

you are pretty much screwed unless you let your wallet talk the only language WG understand and care about. 

I could go on a rant right now, but nothing good will come out of it. This is so frustrating...

Players
3,972 posts
20,132 battles
8 minutes ago, CrniVrag said:

I could go on a rant right now, but nothing good will come out of it. This is so frustrating...

you have right to do that imo. redistributing captains... its indeed an .ss move from WG.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
284 posts
7,150 battles
12 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

contact the support. Players who weren't online during the free respec period should get a reset this way

(https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/148997-commander-skills/)

I sent a ticket, but quite honestly I'm not having high hopes...

• Cool 2

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

There was a link you could have used for redistributing all the caps, could WG have done it by default - sure, did they have to - no... I mean you didnt need to enter the game just click it on the news page, if you were completely severed from all game related stuff for months its just how it is WG is not obliged to cater for the absent people...

[ROUGH]
Players
423 posts
19,110 battles
12 minutes ago, CrniVrag said:

I only know about this option for AFK players but maybe it is still possible now:

unknown.png

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,204 posts

to understand the issue developers should understand their game and play it regularly ...

but they don't and so you are ... unless locals cannot help with resetting ...

[CATS]
Players
31,027 posts
15,713 battles
21 minutes ago, CrniVrag said:

Enough people got help that way. Why should you be different?

[LEEUW]
Players
3,140 posts
10,750 battles

Funfact: I havent reskilled like 95% of my captains. Just the three or four i play on my go-to boats.

[XTREM]
Players
2,156 posts
15,571 battles
11 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Funfact: I havent reskilled like 95% of my captains. Just the three or four i play on my go-to boats.

Same =/

• Cool 2

WG Staff
2,513 posts
930 battles
3 hours ago, Yamashiro42 said:

I only know about this option for AFK players but maybe it is still possible now:

unknown.png

Yes, Captains, if you were inactive while the reset button was available, contact our Customer Support. They still might be able to help you.😊

• Cool 1