Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
geschlittert

Which T10 ships are underpowered?

92 comments in this topic

[UNOVI]
Players
450 posts
7,063 battles

I will only talk about ships that i also play myself. Feel free to add more.

Zao: Her extremely small HP pool (compared to similar cruisers) and the lack of range (combined with the unnecessary nerf of the UU), make her a very sqishy ship to play. I suggest to either increase the range by about one kilometer or add 5k more HP and then see how this affects the ship.

Kremlin: Yes, this ship. Insanely strong after its release but rn i don't know a single BB that i would want to play less. Unrealiable guns and the hihh caliber HE spam make her very hard to play. As a first attempt i would suggest to revert its old nerfs and giving her back the 4th heal and the HP of her AA mounts. This will allow her to be better at her role, which is tanking. Possibly add an additional damage con?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,893 posts
21,603 battles

Midway. See average stats. Totally useless ship. WG pls buff.

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 16

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, El2aZeR sagte:

And buff Petropavlovsk, so she could keep up with buffed Midway

• Funny 4

[UNOVI]
Players
450 posts
7,063 battles
8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

3 minutes ago, Perekotypole said:

And buff Petropavlovsk, so she could keep up with buffed Midway

Come on kids, don't be like that :P

• Cool 2

[LEEUW]
Players
3,117 posts
10,725 battles
9 minutes ago, geschlittert said:

Zao: Her extremely small HP pool (compared to similar cruisers) and the lack of range (combined with the unnecessary nerf of the UU), make her a very sqishy ship to play. I suggest to either increase the range by about one kilometer or add 5k more HP and then see how this affects the ship.

Call me crazy but with the implementation of DeadEye I actually found playing zao easier than before. Dodging tighter disperson is easier.

• Cool 9

[CATS]
Players
30,910 posts
15,691 battles

Tier X is generally well balanced. The problem are primarily ships that are too strong.

If one wanted to improve Zao, a bit more HP would indeed be a good idea.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e01995ff657f4b1111618adda9add3fd.png

Kremlin on the side is still a monster.

• Cool 2

[PANEU]
Players
21 posts
11,791 battles

Kurfurst, Zao, Z-52, Yueyang and Gearing are the poster-childs of powercreep. In terms of ships that can still do a job but are shadows of what they used to be, you have Smolensk and Stalingrad.

• Cool 4

[KAKE]
Players
2,790 posts
6,795 battles

Zao suffers a fair bit with the proliferation of 18" armed BBs.

Z-52 is a bit on the weakish side in the damage department, I'm not sure smoke+hydro trick is enough to make up for its shortcomings.

• Cool 2

[UNOVI]
Players
450 posts
7,063 battles
1 minute ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Call me crazy but with the implementation of DeadEye I actually found playing zao easier than before. Dodging tighter disperson is easier.

Yeah, that stray bullet scoring a cit into your butt was really annyoing

[UNOVI]
Players
450 posts
7,063 battles
2 minutes ago, MatZam said:

Kurfurst, Zao, Z-52, Yueyang and Gearing are the poster-childs of powercreep. In terms of ships that can still do a job but are shadows of what they used to be, you have Smolensk and Stalingrad.

Call me crazy, but i think that the kurfürst is an insanly strong ship when you just want to play for win.

• Cool 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,674 battles
6 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Dodging tighter disperson is easier.

Do you also use LM for hitting with tighter dispersion?

[LEEUW]
Players
3,117 posts
10,725 battles
1 minute ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Do you also use LM for hitting with tighter dispersion?

IIRC i didnt grind enough Zao for the LM before they got "research points-only", sadly. And now i cant be bothered with regrinding for the sake of LM's.

• Cool 3

Players
3,936 posts
20,116 battles
40 minutes ago, geschlittert said:

I will only talk about ships that i also play myself. Feel free to add more.

Kremlin: Yes, this ship. Insanely strong after its release but rn i don't know a single BB that i would want to play less. Unrealiable guns and the hihh caliber HE spam make her very hard to play. As a first attempt i would suggest to revert its old nerfs and giving her back the 4th heal and the HP of her AA mounts. This will allow her to be better at her role, which is tanking. Possibly add an additional damage con?

zao is still a powerfull ship but she got powercrept by new op ships. i would rather nerf the new OP ships instead of buffing zao. 

kremlin and being underpowered in the same sentence? omg :cap_fainting:

i mean, sure i play kremlin not that much anymore but this isnt because she is UP and needs buff. thats because deadeye and the meta. Kremlin doesnt need any buff. no way. nope. just no.

• Cool 2

[CATCH]
Players
345 posts
8,820 battles

Perhaps Tier 10 is the only tier where there is a somewhat decent balance. Gearing is not underpowered, but as jack of all trades the Daring and Grozovoi perform much better.

Players
2,797 posts
33,674 battles
8 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

IIRC i didnt grind enough Zao for the LM before they got "research points-only", sadly. And now i cant be bothered with regrinding for the sake of LM's.

I tried it in a couple of games. You sacrifice 8% range for -7% distribution. Didn't play many games with LM but i didn't see much difference in dmg output in the limited amount of games i played. Maybe i need to play more, dunno.

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,368 posts
16,338 battles

I would say apart from All cvs are borken and should be removed, general All bbs are to strong compared to other classes. But well yeach T10 is general ok balanced (by WG standards).

And Camone Kremilin and Underpowered? lets buff also Thunderer why not :d (joking) 

• Boring 1

[LEEUW]
Players
3,117 posts
10,725 battles
Just now, Execute0rder66 said:

I tried it in a couple of games. You sacrifice 8% range for -7% distribution. Didn't play many games with LM but i didn't see much difference in dmg output in the limited amount of games i played. Maybe i need to play more, dunno.

Yeah extra accuracy is always nice, especially for players who can aim properly. And with almost all of my ships I specced for max accuracy and dpm instead of range. But the thing is that in the current meta 20km+ fights arent uncommon. So the range you sacrifice might be an issue in a lot of games. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,674 battles
1 minute ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Yeah extra accuracy is always nice, especially for players who can aim properly. And with almost all of my ships I specced for max accuracy and dpm instead of range. But the thing is that in the current meta 20km+ fights arent uncommon. So the range you sacrifice might be an issue in a lot of games. 

That's true, it is an issue.

Players
1,723 posts
23,050 battles

Kleber is underpowerd, at least if you want some ambush-playstyle.... 

Khaba is still worse than Tashkent. 

Given all the bias-ships like Petro and Nevski, they could easily give back stealth-(like)-Radar to Wooster 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[UNOVI]
Players
450 posts
7,063 battles
8 minutes ago, Prophecy82 said:

Given all the bias-ships like Petro and Nevski, they could easily give back stealth-(like)-Radar to Wooster 

Nevski a bias ship? 

• Cool 1

[UNOVI]
Players
450 posts
7,063 battles
24 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

kremlin and being underpowered in the same sentence? omg :cap_fainting:

I mean, i just dont really see her performing at all in the current meta. And the new captain skills dont really help

• Bad 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,232 posts
26,684 battles

i jump on ships everyone perceives as in direction of op, i fail. if i replay turds once in a moon, to see if they're really that turdy, i often score super-unicum matches.... hmmmm.....

how 'bout "don't ask me", sincerely: khabarovsk and "nerfed" (lol) kleber :Smile_great::Smile_veryhappy:

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
7 minutes ago, geschlittert said:

I mean, i just dont really see her performing at all in the current meta. And the new captain skills dont really help

Kremlin is a strong ship for average players, because they will survive much longer than in any other ship. Hence it has good average WR. Same reason why GK is often not bottom of the pack, because it can sustain a lot of fire even while suiciding, which can give the team time to cause more damage on other ships.

If id pick a TX ship, which has lost an edge over time, id go with Wooster. Used to be OP, got nerfed, now a lot of powercreep... and it actually is at the bottom of the pack, despite carrying radar. Radar ships often have a better WR, well, thanks to having Radar which kills DDs.

Players
3,936 posts
20,116 battles
9 minutes ago, geschlittert said:

Deadeye is going to ve reworked and hopefully it wont be a must have for BBs and meta is gonna change. 

Kremlin is still a very strong ship. She not being prefered is because of other broken ships like thunderer.

• Cool 2

[SHAD]
Players
3,741 posts
15,095 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

The only T10 CV with above 50% win rate  is FDR.

Clearly they all need a buff.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Sign in to follow this