Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Asureas

RPF bug?

15 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
45 posts
17,767 battles

Recently I've been having quite a few experiences where RPF seems to be pointing in the wrong direction then swings around to where the ship should be. I probalby wouldn't have noticed this in randoms, just assumed it was another ship that I couldn't see that was closer and moved away but in Ranked it's pretty obvious that there couldn't possilby have been another ship there....

Anyone else noticed this?

• Cool 3

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,651 battles
2 minutes ago, Asureas said:

.... it's pretty obvious that there couldn't possilby have been another ship there....

How can you be sure, you know that WG is testing subs so maybe they are just secretly testing them in the Ranked?

On the serious note, I personally haven't notice such bug but of course that doesn't mean there isn't one. After all we are talking about WG here. 

[NWP]
Players
45 posts
17,767 battles

Yeah hadn't thought about subs or perhaps stealth ships:-)?

[CATS]
Players
31,090 posts
15,723 battles
13 minutes ago, Asureas said:

Yeah hadn't thought about subs or perhaps stealth ships:-)?

They are called DD...

I personally did not notice any problems with RPF.

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,322 posts
23,343 battles

My RPF is always a bit delayed compared to others (it switches a couple seconds later than for someone else who is sailing with me). I guess it is due to internet connection, my isp has a terrible connection to WG's servers.

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles
6 hours ago, Asureas said:

Recently I've been having quite a few experiences where RPF seems to be pointing in the wrong direction then swings around to where the ship should be. I probalby wouldn't have noticed this in randoms, just assumed it was another ship that I couldn't see that was closer and moved away but in Ranked it's pretty obvious that there couldn't possilby have been another ship there....

Hi Asureas, 

As other fellows Captians already wrote, could you please share a replay of the issue? 

[NCDF]
Players
232 posts
6,723 battles

As far as i understand, RPF does not point directly at the closest opponent, but at some point a couple of km near to him. I've been within proxyspotting to an enemy and RPF still showed me the closest enemy would be 60° the other way to where the cloest enemy actually was, so.....

[BOATY]
Players
80 posts
6,525 battles

I’ve been trying to catch this for some time.

I use RPF on almost every destroyer and have noticed several time that the RPF is out by a good 15-25 degrees, but it’s only for that session. I log in the next day the problem isn’t there.

Replays aren’t any help either as I have games where I can guarantee the issue was present (basically hunting the last ship for them to appear quite a bit off to one side and the RPF suddenly snaps to them) but in the replay the indicator position is different. 

I don’t record all my games so I have trouble proving this but for me it’s the same as the “shells landing short” issue where your binocular view shows something different to the minimap/everyone else’s view. 

[ROUGH]
Players
427 posts
19,134 battles

Please note that RPF does not point directly to the enemy ship. It indicates a 1/16 of the compass circle in which the enemy ship is located. These 1/16s' boundaries are N, NNE, NE, ENE, E, ESE, SE, SSE, S, SSW, SW, WSW, W, WNW, NW and NNW.

• Cool 4

[WG]
WG Staff
6,777 posts
4,523 battles
Před 23 hodinami Asureas řekl/a:

Are you sure, there definitely wasn't any other ship, maybe some very stealthy DD, that hasn't been spotted yet?

Replay would really help for further investigation.

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
752 posts
13,613 battles

It does happen to me like twice a year, when there is last DD and RPF is pointing in absolutely wrong direction (like 90 degrees or more off). 

But it is so rare and at was never relevant (it was won/lost already) no matter if RPF was correct or not. 

When there is more ships it is hard to say if it is off but it does feel like sometimes it is. 

When I get good example I can try to inform accordingly. 

[NWP]
Players
45 posts
17,767 battles
On 4/9/2021 at 10:30 AM, YabbaCoe said:

Are you sure, there definitely wasn't any other ship, maybe some very stealthy DD, that hasn't been spotted yet?

Replay would really help for further investigation.

Yes

Because there weren't any dds to be stealthy - that's why I probably wouln't have noticed in randoms.

The problem with replays is they're so bugged themselves that you can't rely on them.

Players
2,048 posts
14,518 battles

Had a game the other day where the last enemy ship's position (so no chance of a second ship getting suddenly closer) by rpf suddenly jumped quite a bit, maybe it was this quadrants thing but it was really odd, as if the indicator had for some reason changed its mind. It's there, no wait, it's there. Bit of a wtf moment.

Beta Tester
2,201 posts
12,848 battles
On 4/8/2021 at 12:05 PM, Asureas said:

Not like you describe. Ive seen RPF change drastically in battle but that is normal even when its tracking the same ship, for instance a enemy DD in a cap, since the RPF isn't a perfect detection but more a "general area" system. So I basically use it as a guideline, mostly for my Ninja (IJN) DDs, but with more experience it gets better and better as a tool.

Sign in to follow this