Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OldschoolGaming_YouTube

Is Naustrashimy worth 300 Coal?

18 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,204 posts
12,848 battles

So im almost at 230 K Coal and was eyeballin the Pommern since I kind of Love and has never really given up on the whole secondary brawl BB playstyle even tho WGs gone out of their way to kill it off and promote their campy Dead eye Meta.

But then I just realized Naustra is avalable for 300 K Coal and since I am a DD main I should probably consider that instead.

I have looked at a lot of videos and not counting the good concealment and zombie heal it feels kind of Meeh. Really bad DPM, mediocre AA, only 10 km torps at a tier with 12 km radars everywhere.

Even Flamu in his review from 1 year ago ssid it was not worth the steele in that case.

So is it worth the 300 K Coal?

Is it a better buy then the 230 K Pommern?

And why the 300 K? There is a lpt other both T9 and T10 in the Armoury for 230 K?! Why is Naustra so special priced?

• Cool 1

[BASIC]
Players
805 posts
21,872 battles

Regular price, no. Maby with -25% off coupon...

I may buy it in June when new coupon arrives and there will be no other interesting stuff to get.

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
1,106 posts
23,387 battles

Neus being the most expensive coal purchase currently available just demands that you use the coupon on her.  Only exception would be that you use the coupon on a steel purchase.

• Cool 2

[SHAD]
Players
3,805 posts
15,184 battles

It's a good ship but it is expensive.

I would get the Marceau instead if it was my choice. I have both.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,939 posts
20,778 battles
4 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

So im almost at 230 K Coal and was eyeballin the Pommern since I kind of Love and has never really given up on the whole secondary brawl BB playstyle even tho WGs gone out of their way to kill it off and promote their campy Dead eye Meta.

But then I just realized Naustra is avalable for 300 K Coal and since I am a DD main I should probably consider that instead.

I have looked at a lot of videos and not counting the good concealment and zombie heal it feels kind of Meeh. Really bad DPM, mediocre AA, only 10 km torps at a tier with 12 km radars everywhere.

Even Flamu in his review from 1 year ago ssid it was not worth the steele in that case.

Is it a better buy then the 230 K Pommern?

And why the 300 K? There is a lpt other both T9 and T10 in the Armoury for 230 K?! Why is Naustra so special priced?

Special price because it was a steel ship and WG didn't want to upset people who got her for steel.

At leadt  not too much, as steel is harder to come by and more valuable then coal.

Is she worth it? For me, yes. But you may feel differently. 

In the current camping meta, it's difficult to have those games with huge damage numbers, as you don't have the torp range nor the dpm. 

Running into a Kleber or Smaland/Halland ain't fun unless you can safely disengage or they are already low.

However, that heal can save your bacon IF you can disengage,  heal up and return to continue the fight. Soviet AP against broadsides can be quite effective despite the crappy dispersion. 

Concealment is a big plus too, but in order to make use of its strengths,  you need to stay in support range of team mates.

If there is no radar/ hydro DD around, you can ppretty eadily contest caps early on.

Not going to recommend either of the two (Neustra/Pommern), but personally,  I'd always choose the DD over a BB - except the new crappy German line. Those are sh*t.

• Cool 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,777 battles

I agree with previous posts here, it is expensive 290K coal for a ship but if you still want to get it, you could wait two more months and use the coupon.

From play style pov, it may or may not suit you, i don't know. It's a torp boat with zombie heal, decent AA for a dd, mediocre to weak guns with burning capability. As most of the games will be in tier 10, Neustra doesn't do anything extra compared to other DDs. It tries to do the same things as capping, spotting and torping (and maybe occasional gun fights against no-threat DDs) but its heal gives it an advantage over other DDs while doing so. Yet, it is still vulnerable to radars, hydros, planes, etc. So, it is really up to taste.

Pommern is a bigger Tirpitz. If you like playing Tirpitz, and want to play it against Tier 10 ships more often, you can take Pommern. Having Tirpitzs torps is a fun factor while burning like other KM BBs, being large and getting focused often are some of the unfun factors. I agree with Jethro_Grey here, i'd not recommend either of the two, especially Neustra for that much coal.

• Cool 2

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
536 posts
6,955 battles
40 minutes ago, Vbeest said:

290 coal, take it leave it!

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

I guess one can justify it getting it with a coupon, because ive bought other ships without a coupon aswell. Usually because i use the coupon for steel ships, so i dont have an option but to buy more expensive coal ships. And 222k is basicly the same as any other T9 Coal ship without Coupon.

But definetely wouldnt get it without the coupon.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
27,079 battles

Pommer is a beast in  reduced number of players Ranked modes (1v1, 3x3), and even in some maps favoring short range engagements on normal Ranked or Clan Battle. But not in the current deadeye 20 km meta sniping Randoms.

Dont have Neustrashimy, but is a DD that has heal, and that should be enough for any decent DD player.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,977 posts
15,475 battles
57 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Full price is marginal, but with the coupon, she certainly is IMO - if you like that kind of thing.

For me, the main thing she has going for her is longevity, because of the heal; this makes it easier to last into the later game stages where you can really make a difference. The balance between guns and torps is nice (yes, 12 km torps would be nicer, but that would probably push her towards being OP), and there aren't too many things that are sneakier than she is.

She's not majestic at anything (apart from surviving), but an effective well-rounded DD. Being a T9 premium, her silver earnings can be pretty ridiculous too.

One final bonus: she's a real ship, unlike so many of the Russian "we're a mighty naval power - honest" things in the game!

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,204 posts
12,848 battles
2 hours ago, gopher31 said:

I haven't been impressed by Marceau what I have seen so far, is she a big upgrade from Kleber? Because Kleber is one of my least played T10 DDs.

[S_B_P]
[S_B_P]
Players
12 posts
6,905 battles

I have bought the Neustrashimy with the 25% discount. Was it worth it ?

For myself yes. I love the package as an average DD player.

I am also a DD-Main . My opinion, depending on your playstyle you will either hate it or love it. 

The Neustrashimy can be seen as a decent support ship with low concealment and best played in divisions.

She is able to survive situations, that other DD's can't. You have great survivability that might forgive some mistakes, like hitting one or two torpedos :D.

The gunarcs are low, she has the worst gun DPM of all T9 DD's and I feel she is not very accurate. So you have to land torp hits on other DD's first or start to engage if you have support and/or your opponents DD is already damaged. 

If you are landing torps regularly, they are great and your main damage source (17,9 k).

CV's are not bothering you, since she has low detectibility for planes and decent defense vs aircrafts. Also you are regenerating most of the CV's damage, so it's usually a waste to try to attack her as a CV.

Might this help?

• Cool 4

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
4 hours ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Because it used to be a steel ship. About it being worth it, it's a very forgiving/relaxing DD, laser guns, zombie heal, you can get away with mistakes.
it's a grozovoi with a missing gun and a zombie heal

[RDNT]
Players
148 posts
4 hours ago, gopher31 said:

Would you care to elaborate? I'm mainly a DD-guy *sighs* and having just snatched both Somers & Smaaland I'm eying one of both of them come the next coupon.

Why would you choose Marceau over Naustrashimy?

Context; Playing all DD hightier except the CCCP (grind is realz -- :cap_fainting:)

Sign in to follow this