Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dutchy_2019

The "Zeven Provinciën" is coming!

58 comments in this topic

Players
939 posts
6,598 battles

StatsBloke just teased a new ship - Name plate says "Zeven Provinciën",  Dutch cruiser. 

• Cool 14

[SWN]
Players
188 posts
8,502 battles

Finaly something to get excited about, a non-paper ship that isn't (most likely) completely broken! 

Hopefully part of a tech tree and not just the next premium.... we have enough premiums... 

• Cool 5

[FAILS]
Players
708 posts
21,794 battles

She is a beauty and she existed, so two main boxes already ticked.

• Cool 7

[SM0KE]
Players
6,948 posts
15,455 battles
1 minute ago, Asatori said:

Hopefully part of a tech tree and not just the next premium.... we have enough premiums...

She's a museum ship - I smell premium, alas...

• Cool 1

[FAILS]
Players
708 posts
21,794 battles

Unfortunately not gonna be part of a tree, or they would have announced a full tree at once, I think. Of course, there is still a sistership left for a tech tree in the future.

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
6,948 posts
15,455 battles
1 minute ago, BruceRKF said:

Of course, there is still a sistership left for a tech tree in the future.

They could also be interestingly different: one 'as built' (what we're seeing here), plus one 'as designed' - different guns and, I think, torps...

[NWP]
Players
3,685 posts
18,027 battles

Just take my money already WG. Darn you, I managed to keep my wallet closed for years. But this is a beauty! 

• Funny 1

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,333 posts
7,888 battles
29 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

She's a museum ship - I smell premium, alas...

Camo with Pennant number on hull is the mark that it is definitely a premium !

39 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Wikipedia on the subject: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Zeven_Provinciën-class_cruiser

The optimist in me would like it to be part of a Pan-EU cruiser tree; I suspect we might be looking at another 'two nation' premium (Pan-Am being the second)...?

It is clearly displaying the PanEU flag !

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,669 posts
19,137 battles
41 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I suspect we might be looking at another 'two nation' premium (Pan-Am being the second)...?

+1 for that. In case anyone's wondering, Almirante Grau of the Peruvian Navy (aka the DZP class De Ruyter) was the last of the gun cruisers and served all the way through to 2017.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BAP_Almirante_Grau_(CLM-81)

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,948 posts
15,455 battles
14 minutes ago, NoirLotus said:

It is clearly displaying the PanEU flag !

What @invicta2012 said; similarly to Boise/NdJ, this latest thing could exist in two versions, one for Pan-EU and the other for Peru (so, Pan-Am)...

[-TPF-]
Players
4,669 posts
19,137 battles

VIII, I would have thought. It's made of tinplate, like most post-WW2 cruisers. 

[SINT]
Players
1,102 posts
23,341 battles

As a Dutch I am happy, more then with the Friesland. Would have preferred her to be in the original planned 10 gun version. With just 8 guns they have to really use box o’ gimmick’s to make her work since no torps and bad armor.  Like a Bayard with the same armor, 4 guns less, no torps maybe no guns reload booster.... so another smoke/ radar ship?

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,633 battles
2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

The optimist in me would like it to be part of a Pan-EU cruiser tree; I suspect we might be looking at another 'two nation' premium (Pan-Am being the second)...?

I wouldn't hope too much. Boise/NdJ was specific case. They were not intended as such. It is dark history of the NdJ that caused so much negative reaction, especially on NA, so that WG in the end decided to add Boise too. And they are basically a two premiums. If there is no backlash for choosing NdJ, I doubt WG would add Boise at all, at least not at that time.

• Cool 2

[LEEUW]
Players
3,143 posts
10,750 battles

Just when you planned on not spending any more money on WoWs......

image.thumb.png.c6885538528a7b9af89f41915dccae2b.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 16

[GEUS]
Players
51 posts
9,822 battles

Can we skip the DD split and go straight to this???
Loving it already! Finally a Dutch cruiser, I've been waiting for this since the Swedish DD's came out... :-)

[-TPF-]
Players
4,669 posts
19,137 battles
38 minutes ago, fumtu said:

I wouldn't hope too much. Boise/NdJ was specific case.

Funny, isn't it? 

The playerbase: Hello! This is a historic and interesting ship which served in several navies across several decades. We would like a short-ranged radar cruiser version for the Pan-American tree and a longer ranged traditional HE cruiser for the Pan-European navy. We will buy them both, as they are historic and interesting, while being sufficiently different to provide varied and entertaining gameplay. 

WG: No. Would you like to look at some more napkins? We have received a new Crayola shipment and have many designs! 

• Funny 1

Players
2,154 posts
13,064 battles
2 hours ago, Asatori said:

Finaly something to get excited about, a non-paper ship that isn't (most likely) completely broken! 

Which makes it a bad ship. You fight fire with fire. In WoWs you need op broken ships to fight other op broken ships. The average "realistic" non-paper ships are nothing but XP pinata for op ships in this game.

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,633 battles
11 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Funny, isn't it? 

The playerbase: Hello! This is a historic and interesting ship which served in several navies across several decades. We would like a short-ranged radar cruiser version for the Pan-American tree and a longer ranged traditional HE cruiser for the Pan-European navy. We will buy them both, as they are historic and interesting, while being sufficiently different to provide varied and entertaining gameplay. 

WG: No. Would you like to look at some more napkins? We have had a new Crayola shipment and have many new designs! 

Generally, I don't mind seeing "paper" ships in the game. And under paper I mean ships that were designed but never built not some WG fantasies. What I don't like is lazy premiums like new Congress. It was based on one of the preliminaries for Alaska class, but only thing that it has in common with it is that it has 7 305mm guns. It should be somewhat smaller than Alaska, with less displacement, two funnels, 4 guns front in two twin turrets and one triple aft. Catapults should be on the stern. What WG did is just took Alaska, replaced A and X turrets with twins, all quadruple Bofors guns with twins and surprise, there is a new premium.

Also in time we could get Peruvian version too. If WG decide to create a Pan American cruiser line, it could be used for that purpose or as a premium ship with some connection with line characteristics. I don't see why would we need to get it now as there is already a lot of premiums in the development phase. Or maybe I just don't care about WG premiums anymore, if some ship that I would like to see get announced ... well that is great. If not than I wouldn't lose my sleep over it, there is already plenty of ships to play with.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,669 posts
19,137 battles
7 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Which makes it a bad ship. You fight fire with fire. In WoWs you need op broken ships to fight other op broken ships. The average "realistic" non-paper ships are nothing but XP pinata for op ships in this game.

We're looking at 6s reload on the main battery, 900 m/s velocity - these are quite impressive guns for a Tier VIII CL. The problem is likely to be the thin armour (76mm belt) and the common problem of all post-war ships - tall superstructures leading to bad firing angles for the rear guns. 

5 minutes ago, fumtu said:

I don't see why would we need to get it now as there is already a lot of premiums in the development phase.

Purely down to the Helena/Boise/NdJ experience. Very similar ships which play quite differently because of a few shifts in consumables and soft stats. Cruisers are quite versatile that way. In time,  perhaps we can have more than one iteration. 

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,633 battles
5 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Purely down to the Helena/Boise/NdJ experience. Very similar ships which play quite differently

Boise and NdJ are exactly the same ship. Only difference is flag and camo. WG didn’t even bother to put back catapults on Boise, even tho she had than while she was under US Navy. 

The only difference there is between Helena and Boise but that is difference between regular and premium ship, not two premiums. So that would not be the same as you are proposing for ZP now for two different premium versions of the same ship.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles

Gorgeous ship, and I'm not even Dutch.

Players
2,420 posts
25,026 battles

I'm so hyped for her. I really hope she is premium teaser for Euro cruisers line. Maybe on today stream they reveail some more? 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this