Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Camperdown

Last resort ships

32 comments in this topic

[LUZ1]
Players
1,403 posts
14,536 battles

You know these days. All your teammates seem to have just escaped from the asylum. Your DD is sailing backwards, your radar cruiser is trying to farm damage from 20 klicks away, your BB has Deadeye and a dead brain. You have just suffered through half a dozen games of utter madness and you are starting to lose it.

What ship do you fall back on that will pretty reliably save your game? Which ship will allow you to have a decent time even if your entire team has a combined IQ of less than a 100?

For me it is Lightning, Gadja and Fiji. Whatever happens, I can have a decent game in them 9 games out of 10.

So, what are your ships of last refuge? And CVs don't count, you perverts :cap_cool:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4

Players
2,334 posts
20,591 battles

HMS Hood, HMS Jutland or USS Missouri are my usual go to fun ships but if I’m feeling especially malicious then Kamikaze R for when I really want to inflict suffering. 

[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,902 battles

Daring or Småland.
These boats don't really rely on teammates that much (good in this case), and more importantly, can swing the caps back into our control to get points ticking despite the potato salad on our side.

If we still lose the game, I'll probably be fuming and bringing out Langley the next game to shred me some potatoes and get my revenge on the WG playerbase.
T4 CVs are my "I'm in a bad mood" boats. :Smile_trollface:

Players
6,668 posts

Dude, don't play on weekends...

As for the last resort ships... I really dunno, they've all more or less suffered from power creep and bad meta... DD's are mostly hard work to play, I'd probably go with the Swedish ones, though. I don't go anywhere cruisers for this, except maybe some solid ones like Fiji, or the Italian mid tier ones, or the heavy ones on higher tiers like Kronstadt, maybe. BB's are relaxing, like a summer night's barbique with gnats all over your face... but then I'd probably pick the Musashi, Kongo, or even Roma, and possibly some of the French BB's, they are surprisingly enjoyable.

Players
821 posts
2,298 battles

Probably; AL Yukikaze specced for stealth & torp speed.

Then secondary lol boats: Pommern, Lepanto & Thunderer (yes really, Capt. Jingles and fast turrets)

Oh, and the Gray Ghost :Smile-_tongue:

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
1 hour ago, Camperdown said:

your BB has Deadeye and a dead brain.

lol

Anyway, I have about 20 ships that always put a smile on my face, when I get beat up by bad teams, all I do is stop grinding lines in ships i'm unfamiliar with and instead play a ship I'm very comfortable in. Because I can carry harder in one of my favorite ships with 21pt captains than I can in random ships with random captains. Fiji, Gadjah Mada and Lightning are also in my top 20 by the way, 3 wonderful boats.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,948 posts
15,455 battles
1 hour ago, Camperdown said:

Which ship will allow you to have a decent time even if your entire team has a combined IQ of less than a 100?

I tend to gravitate towards DDs anyway, but if I'm trying to play in the midst of a session when everyone seems to - somehow, and improbably - be *even* worse than I am, I try and pick things that have essentially zero requirement for team-mates to function for me to have a good time (note: 'good time', not necessarily 'win').

This - at the moment - tends to mean things like Smaland, Neustrashimy, Benham, and maybe Groz. Of course, if I'm feeling especially ill-disposed towards my fellow man, there's always the Kamis...

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
1,559 posts
17,648 battles

Fiji - if I need to lift my spirits, a Fiji game usually does it. Even if I lose, I almost always enjoy myself. The only problem is I enjoy it too much and don't really want to play much else. Warspite is OK but not at Tier 8.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,787 posts
15,168 battles

It was once the Kronstadt.

Now it's Enterprise, feels so hard to lose in this thing.

I'll show myself out.....

[GJE]
Players
392 posts
5,313 battles

Minekaze or T-22, I tend to do pretty well in tier V DDs :) Aaaand, yes, I have to say it - tier VI CVs :D My sincere apologies OP ;)

Players
510 posts
11,261 battles

Hill, G Cesare, Shiny horse, Sheyang, Massa, Albert and RN cruisers. Apart from a lacklustre grind of the Italian battleships I seem to be playing just for “fun” most of the time these days, which is no bad thing I suppose.

[SINT]
Players
1,102 posts
23,341 battles

Last few weeks co-op only. Premium time expired and that’s fine.  And just 3 games to get the first 3 daily missions and one reward crate. First ship is always one that I want to lvl for that 500xp bonus. Second ship what I fancy.  Last ship Missouri for atleast 200k credits ( co op but still some credits).

Will not play random before WG introduces a report for AFK brain.... but even then those 9 reports will only last me 4 games max... 

[SPURD]
Players
869 posts
6,588 battles

Nothing in randoms, because whatever I'm grinding I'll still grind even after 20 losses... I guess I used to relax with Scharnhorst before skill rework? Maybe Yamato, it is very nice to not have to shoot filthy HE and overmatching Thundelel armor feels like justice. 

In this T10 ranked I always resort to Shimakaze if I start losing too much, though perhaps out of frustration toward all the DD you get that are too afraid or overly stupid.

[TOHOU]
Players
312 posts
4,560 battles

co-op and probably alabama , iowa , scharnhorst and des moines

[CAIN]
Players
4,938 posts
20,778 battles

Adrestia.

Cruising through the Ægis.

Beta Tester
2,195 posts
12,822 battles
6 hours ago, Camperdown said:

You know these days. All your teammates seem to have just escaped from the asylum. Your DD is sailing backwards, your radar cruiser is trying to farm damage from 20 klicks away, your BB has Deadeye and a dead brain. You have just suffered through half a dozen games of utter madness and you are starting to lose it.

What ship do you fall back on that will pretty reliably save your game? Which ship will allow you to have a decent time even if your entire team has a combined IQ of less than a 100?

For me it is Lightning, Gadja and Fiji. Whatever happens, I can have a decent game in them 9 games out of 10.

So, what are your ships of last refuge? And CVs don't count, you perverts :cap_cool:

Hindenburg! Skip to 16:15 ....... 

Sign in to follow this