Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
leonport

Ships that were designed when the devs thought deadeye will be a permanent skill should get base accuracy buff after deadeye is gone

75 comments in this topic

[TEPES]
Players
229 posts
5,034 battles

I do think some ships were designed taking deadeye into account to name a few of these ships: hizen,techline italian bbs,marco polo.

If deadeye is gone the performance of these ships will be so bad that they will be in the underpowered and forgotten category until wg buffs them, just look at hizen:

2102078250_hizenlol.thumb.png.af672027ffc7faacbc6d214cbb2e5515.png

according to wows numbers hizen has the 4th worst winrate among tier 9 bbs with only tech tree ships below it for obvius reasons

and its average damage isn't exeptional too with it having the 7th lowest average damage among tier 9bbs

italian bbs are doing quite meh too they don't have as garbage stats as hizen but compared to other tier 9 bbs they are very medicore 

and remember these ships released after/while commander rework hit the game.

if deadeye will be removed and not replaced by a skill that is designed to help these ships im fearing that these new ships will be totally obsolite 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 7

Players
10,374 posts
12,044 battles

No, this will be the time for WG to introduce new ships with boosted accuracy, so they can monetize your assets off again:cap_tea:

Create a problem and sell solution to it later.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 2

Players
2,797 posts
33,671 battles
8 minutes ago, leonport said:

I do think some ships were designed taking deadeye into account to name a few of these ships: hizen,techline italian bbs,marco polo.

If deadeye is gone the performance of these ships will be so bad that they will be in the underpowered and forgotten category until wg buffs them, just look at hizen:

2102078250_hizenlol.thumb.png.af672027ffc7faacbc6d214cbb2e5515.png

But these are much older ships (except Hizen which is  a couple of months older) than the dead eye skill rework. How could they have been designed taking dead eye rework into account?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TEPES]
Players
229 posts
5,034 battles
5 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

But these are much older ships (except Hizen which is  a couple of months older) than the dead eye skill rework. How could they have been designed taking dead eye rework into account?

(I put you the other ships to hizen just to show you how bad hizen is they have nothing to do with anything i wrote) hizen was designed when commander rework was designed and most players obtained it when when commander rework came out, i do think hizen's balancing got influenced by deadeye, i think devs thought that pre nerfed hizen would be the next musashi levels broken with deadeye so they nerfed it to the ground. Anyway hizen cries for a buff

• Bad 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,671 battles
Just now, leonport said:

hizen was designed when commander rework was designed and most players obtained it when when commander rework came out, i do think hizen's balancing got influenced by deadeye, i think devs thought that pre nerfed hizen would be the next musashi levels broken with deadeye so they nerfed it to the ground. Anyway hizen cries for a buff

I don't know about that. I got the Hizen before rework. But even if we say that's true for Hizen, how about others? I was playing Iowa in 2015.

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
3,060 posts

Hizen's performance proves that the amount of "buy a T9" new arrivals is quite high.

And with 12 fat guns, suboptimal accuracy is justified.

• Cool 1

Players
557 posts
5,012 battles
11 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Negative. Get closer and aim better. More active gameplay, please. :Smile_izmena:

Because the Hizen is a great brawler with its awesome agility and great armor model?

Wait what.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles

You assume that everyone playing those ships is using deadeye, and also that people not only use deadeye properly, but also that they get a benefit out of it.

Only WG knows, how many people are using deadeye in the first place. Also i know some CC-Streamers, who advocate skilling deadeye but leaving CE out :cap_fainting: Which ofc means, deadeye becomes less useful.

https://proships.ru/stat/eu/s/1900-h

If we looke here (i dunno what kinda rating system they use, but 1900+ seems to be quite a small percentage of players), Hizen is 11th out of 19 in damage, and 8th out of 19 in WR. Which doesnt seem to bad. Ofc those players are probably using deadeye, and get a benefit from it.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
30,887 posts
15,682 battles

Hizens problems have nothing to do with the skill rework and the design has nothing to do with deadeye. Otherwise her stats should have improved after the skill rework. They did not.

While a slight improvement of her might be ok, her biggest issues are people playing her wrong and the slow reload.

• Cool 2

[TEPES]
Players
229 posts
5,034 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Hizens problems have nothing to do with the skill rework and the design has nothing to do with deadeye. Otherwise her stats should have improved after the skill rework. They did not.

While a slight improvement of her might be ok, her biggest issues are people playing her wrong and the slow reload.

you could unlock hizen after the commander rework hit the server if you bought the minimum starter pack, only whales got it before rework 

Players
2,797 posts
33,671 battles
13 minutes ago, leonport said:

(I put you the other ships to hizen just to show you how bad hizen is they have nothing to do with anything i wrote)

I just saw your addition ^^above. Well, in my opinion, the issue is not about the dead eye skill but rather general skill level of a player in these BBs.

hizen.JPG

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,717 posts
11,779 battles

Roma would like to have a word with you.

• Cool 2

[TEPES]
Players
229 posts
5,034 battles
8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

You assume that everyone playing those ships is using deadeye, and also that people not only use deadeye properly, but also that they get a benefit out of it.

Only WG knows, how many people are using deadeye in the first place. Also i know some CC-Streamers, who advocate skilling deadeye but leaving CE out :cap_fainting: Which ofc means, deadeye becomes less useful.

https://proships.ru/stat/eu/s/1900-h

If we looke here (i dunno what kinda rating system they use, but 1900+ seems to be quite a small percentage of players), Hizen is 11th out of 19 in damage, and 8th out of 19 in WR. Which doesnt seem to bad. Ofc those players are probably using deadeye, and get a benefit from it.

but have you looked at the general playerbase? according to that site hizen is actually the 3rd worst tier 9 bb 

35867346_hizenlollll.thumb.png.7f892a9f346ad56aab216782ba122e00.png

because very good players can perform decent it doesn't mean the ship is good or even decent

[CATS]
Players
30,887 posts
15,682 battles
6 minutes ago, leonport said:

you could unlock hizen after the commander rework hit the server if you bought the minimum starter pack, only whales got it before rework 

And?

Did her performance improve with the skill rework? No.

[TEPES]
Players
229 posts
5,034 battles
4 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Roma would like to have a word with you.

Roma is decent its winrate and avg damage is nowere near as bad as something as hizen or lepanto marco polo

• Funny 1

[TEPES]
Players
229 posts
5,034 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

And?

Did her performance improve with the skill rework? No.

because about 7% of the current hizen owners got it before the rework of course it will not improve

[CATS]
Players
30,887 posts
15,682 battles
1 minute ago, leonport said:

because about 7% of the current hizen owners got it before the rework of course it will not improve

Why?

7% is not very much for overalls stats (and were did you get that number?) and it does not matter when you got a ship, when you look at current stats.

[TEPES]
Players
229 posts
5,034 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Why?

7% is not very much for overalls stats (and were did you get that number?) and it does not matter when you got a ship, when you look at current stats.

hizen had like what 10k overall battles before rework now it has 113k so just an estimation and most players who got hizen before rework are at least above average players and they made hizen look balanced before the general playerbase got its hands on it then hizen started going down hill and here it is now being the WORST tier 9 bb in the game

[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,074 posts
6,435 battles

With that argumentation Gremjaschtschi would have get a buff for turret traverse (because that skill (Elite Marksman/Grease the Gears) got heavily nerfed with the rework)

[TEPES]
Players
229 posts
5,034 battles
1 minute ago, Spartan_93 said:

With that argumentation Gremjaschtschi would have get a buff for turret traverse (because that skill (Elite Marksman/Grease the Gears) got heavily nerfed with the rework)

thats a topic for another day, but i agree 

Players
2,797 posts
33,671 battles
17 minutes ago, leonport said:

Hizen was not free iirc. Either you had to buy the minimum starter pack or had to pay 4 last stages. And if you already had a Yahagi, you could get doubloons in return, so i remember getting Hizen for 3K or 3.5K doubloons which i also had collected through other events. In the end, it was totally free for me, how is this whaling? And If you are talking about the ones who bought Hizen by completing the dockyard event in the first day, they are insignificantly low amount of players.

[TEPES]
Players
229 posts
5,034 battles
3 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Hizen was not free iirc. Either you had to buy the minimum starter pack or had to pay 4 last stages. And if you already had a Yahagi, you could get doubloons in return, so i remember getting Hizen for 3K or 3.5K doubloons which i also had collected through other events. In the end, it was totally free for me, how is this whaling? And If you are talking about the ones who bought Hizen by completing the dockyard event in the first day, they are insignificantly low amount of players.

if you only bought starter pack you couldn't unlock hizen before the rework because the last directive missons unlocked for hizen after the commander rework, so only if you buyed the large starterpack or bought extra stages for dubloons you could get hizen before rework

[CATS]
Players
30,887 posts
15,682 battles
3 minutes ago, leonport said:

hizen had like what 10k overall battles before rework now it has 113k so just an estimation and most players who got hizen before rework are at least above average players and they made hizen look balanced before the general playerbase got its hands on it then hizen started going down hill and here it is now being the WORST tier 9 bb in the game

Which makes it obvious that her problem is not dead eye or the lack of it. If deadeye were instrumental to the ship, her performance would not have gone down that much.

And no, she is not the worst as you showed yourself... Do not be so dramatic.

16 minutes ago, leonport said:

Roma is decent its winrate and avg damage is nowere near as bad as something as hizen or lepanto marco polo

Lepanto and Marco Polo look ok.

image.thumb.png.4703cfe7143c9f36df438224d1135650.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20210403/eu_2month/average_ship_u.html

Players
2,797 posts
33,671 battles
1 minute ago, leonport said:

if you only bought starter pack you couldn't unlock hizen before the rework because the last directive missons unlocked for hizen after the commander rework, so only if you buyed the large starterpack or bought extra stages for dubloons you could get hizen before rework

I got Hizen 3rd of Feb. Didn't cmd rework come after that?

Sign in to follow this