Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pikkozoikum

[Suggestion] Slap-function

22 comments in this topic

[NEXT]
Players
6,137 posts
12,203 battles

I often notice stupid comments or pinging, while playing. I think it's mostly, when other people can't imagine my view of the situation and just think "Oh he is not taking damage for me, so he is  doing wrong". So good players should get a slap function, always when your winrate is higher than someone else winrate, you should be able to press the "slap" button and the other player gets a notification "You got slapped in your face by [player]" with a funny emote like this:

410TyMwiRYL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Just got an example today: My BB pushes into the Cap. I'm in a Hayate in front of the cap with 20% HP, while an enemy 50% HP Kleber is at the flank and an enemy Stalingrad is at 13 km. I get pinged ( I was behind the pushing BB)

Really no idea, what he want me to do, running into a Stalin radar and get blapped? :D

Just to make sure: I'm mostly joking and a bit of ranting, though it would be still useful in some situations.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 13

[R3B3L]
Players
1,421 posts
32,685 battles

Yes please. Yesterday (in Abruzzi) I had a 3v1 on cap A and won. Then I stopped in the cap to ... well, to cap it. While stationary I still slung shells at an enemy BB in their spawn.

My Scharnhorst which spent the first 10 minutes behind a rock in spawn (not even shooting) then suddenly sails full-speed into Cap B (which was completely free), pings me and writes in chat:

fight

:cap_viking::etc_red_button::etc_swear:

• Cool 1

Players
3,502 posts
12,161 battles

Oh I wish you could.

"backhander" would also be another good option. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,966 posts
21,112 battles
1 hour ago, Pikkozoikum said:

I often notice stupid comments or pinging, while playing. I think it's mostly, when other people can't imagine my view of the situation and just think "Oh he is not taking damage for me, so he is  doing wrong". So good players should get a slap function, always when your winrate is higher than someone else winrate, you should be able to press the "slap" button and the other player gets a notification "You got slapped in your face by [player]" with a funny emote like this:

410TyMwiRYL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Just got an example today: My BB pushes into the Cap. I'm in a Hayate in front of the cap with 20% HP, while an enemy 50% HP Kleber is at the flank and an enemy Stalingrad is at 13 km. I get pinged ( I was behind the pushing BB)

Really no idea, what he want me to do, running into a Stalin radar and get blapped? :D

Just to make sure: I'm mostly joking and a bit of ranting, though it would be still useful in some situations.

So you wanted that player slap you instead of ping you? ^^

• Funny 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,790 posts
6,795 battles

It'll just turn into this.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[NEXT]
Players
6,137 posts
12,203 battles
1 minute ago, Europizza said:

So you wanted that player slap you instead of ping you? ^^

Because everyone has higher winrate than me? xD

[XTREM]
Players
2,156 posts
15,571 battles

A thing I like to do occasionally when some pepega spams pings on me is to spam ping him back, not exactly a slap but it shuts them up quick. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,966 posts
21,112 battles

:fish_nerv: I just skimmed your post because of your usual walls of text. :Smile_hiding:

We need a forum slap now.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,104 posts
10,311 battles
49 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

A thing I like to do occasionally when some pepega spams pings on me is to spam ping him back, not exactly a slap but it shuts them up quick. 

I always do that

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[UNOVI]
Players
513 posts
7,156 battles

I wish i could slap myself sometimes... the amount of games i have lost due to my own stupiditiy...

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
3,474 posts
3,999 battles
14 hours ago, Pikkozoikum said:

So good players should get a slap function, always when your winrate is higher than someone else winrate, you should be able to press the "slap" button and the other player gets a notification "You got slapped in your face by [player]" with a funny emote

It's a good thing you ended your post by declaring that you were "mostly joking". With regards to the non-joking part, and for the record: Any kind of hierarchical player-based punishment mechanism, whether based on win rate or some other factor*, would swiftly make the game toxic beyond belief. It would become totally unbearable for everyone, with the possible exception of those former schoolyard bullies who peaked at sixteen and have spent the majority of their ensuing years leaking bitterness and confused self-pity from their dank incel-basements. 

That said, I can see the funny part of your suggestion. I think we've all shared the experience you describe, trying our level best to make the most out of an inauspicious situation and getting nothing but spite (and the occasional friendly torpedo) from our intrepid team mates. I take comfort from the fact that any trolls I encounter online have to spend the rest of their days in their own company, while I can just thank everyone for the game and log in to another battle.

Cheers!

:Smile_Default:

* Such as, say, an in-game naval rank that could be purchased with doubloons. That would be historically accurate, if nothing else.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,204 posts

slap function could also be smthg available for prem users or even better sold in prem shop. and extreme slaps for using on developers and their representatives here ...

• Funny 2

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,939 posts
21,689 battles

Might as well go one step further and implement the ability to permanently uninstall the game for someone if your WR is higher than theirs I guess.

• Cool 1

Players
291 posts
4,319 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Might as well go one step further and implement the ability to permanently uninstall the game for someone if your WR is higher than theirs I guess.

Never thought I'd see the day when Co-op players will be wielding the power of the gods. 

• Funny 2

[NECRO]
Players
3,149 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, El2aZeR sagte:

Don't be merciful. Hack their machine and disable the cooling fans while simultaneously spiking their CPU/GPU. Call it "remote Thunderer".

• Funny 3

[NECRO]
Players
3,149 posts
Vor 7 Minuten, Karasu_Hidesuke sagte:

The Sith is strong with this one.

Darth Vader to Kurt Cobain: "I find your lack of face disturbing."

• Funny 1

[NEXT]
Players
6,137 posts
12,203 battles