Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ImperialAdmiral

WoWs: Legends Suzuya

14 comments in this topic

[COMFY]
Players
1,526 posts
8,807 battles

WoWs: Legends is getting Suzuya which is Premium Mogami class with 155 mm guns

Afaik Legends only had the variant with 203mm guns. Still though I would love to see a premium Mogami in main game.

[COMFY]
Players
1,526 posts
8,807 battles
1 minute ago, Cirno9999 said:

any reason why we dont get it ?

Same case as with Dido in WoWs Blitz. I have no resonable idea. 

[ALYEN]
Players
2,579 posts
4,340 battles
50 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Same case as with Dido in WoWs Blitz. I have no resonable idea. 

I'd love a Dido with the original planed armament ...

• Cool 2

[COMFY]
Players
1,526 posts
8,807 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Mogami has 155s as well? I don't see the point. 

Better to have a premium that was actually real and took part in major battles of War on Pacific than more paper ships that are not even close to drawings but fictional WG imaginations. 

• Cool 2

[4_0_4]
Players
8,131 posts
14,609 battles

Just wait, they'll remove that eventually.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,652 posts
19,101 battles

9 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Better to have a premium that was actually real and took part in major battles of War on Pacific than more paper ships that are not even close to drawings but fictional WG imaginations. 

I agree. But what do you *do* with the Mikuma sisters to make them interesting?

We already have Myoko and her sisters at Tier VII, so downtiering isn't an option.  Atago is an excellent Premium Tier VIII and has the better torpedo angles which many would like from IJN Cruisers, so there's no real need for another 203mm IJN cruiser there. They *could* make Mogami 155mm the premium - it's very good - but that would mean the IJN Tech Tree line would be pretty much the same CA for three Tiers (VII-VIII-IX) which is very dull. 

I'd quite like an IJN Torpedo cruiser line, with some of the more exotic torpedo options from the DDs - take your normal IJN cruiser, bump it up a Tier, give it forward firing angles and TRB, and enjoy some torpedo soup. 

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
1,526 posts
8,807 battles
7 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

I agree. But what do you *do* with the Mikuma sisters to make them interesting?

We already have Myoko and her sisters at Tier VII, so downtiering isn't an option.  Atago is an excellent Premium Tier VIII and has the better torpedo angles which many would like from IJN Cruisers, so there's no real need for another 203mm IJN cruiser there. They *could* make Mogami 155mm the premium - it's very good - but that would mean the IJN Tech Tree line would be pretty much the same CA for three Tiers (VII-VIII-IX) which is very dull. 

I'd quite like an IJN Torpedo cruiser line, with some of the more exotic torpedo options from the DDs - take your normal IJN cruiser, bump it up a Tier, give it forward firing angles and TRB, and enjoy some torpedo soup. 

That didn't make WG to put away their plans. Personally I would be happy to have a simple Premium Mogami class with premium status. You could tweek a bit range for example or do sth with hydro. There is plenty of things you could imagine with at least a  REAL ship. And looking by previous releases not much has to change to sell a copy ship of class that never existed. So being historical it would always be bonus.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,893 posts
15,440 battles

I suspect an eventual sequence might be:

1. Realise that prices at Madam Olga's have gone up *again*.
  2. Remove the 155 mm option from Mogami, to make the line 'easier for players to understand, honest'.
  3. Bring back the 155 mm option as a premium (available in bundles too, naturally).
  4. Profit.

WG have pulled this sort of stunt a few times over in WOT (the premium ISU-152 for example)...

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
1,204 posts
7 hours ago, Verblonde said:

I suspect an eventual sequence might be:

1. Realise that prices at Madam Olga's have gone up *again*.
  2. Remove the 155 mm option from Mogami, to make the line 'easier for players to understand, honest'.
  3. Bring back the 155 mm option as a premium (available in bundles too, naturally).
  4. Profit.

WG have pulled this sort of stunt a few times over in WOT (the premium ISU-152 for example)...

this is the thing that will probably happen ... without compensating possible permacamo on mogami ...

should also ad local fanboy's who defends their move

and closed topics in the forum - for not being constructive enough 

• Cool 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,406 posts
32,635 battles

In final configuration Mikuma had 5x2 203mm and could become the new tech-tree ship.

Mogami got converted into a CVA and would be a interesting premium.

A second premium with initial 155mm-armament could mimic the current 155-Mogami.

Overall, two premiums which could be based on current Mogami-hull. But seeing that WG gave us a lazy 100%-copy of Atago and called it "Maya"; while she was the only Japanese CA to ever carry four turrets - I have no expectations. Also, the inevitable disclaimer "subject to future balans" makes it already unattractive.

Regarding Dido: I am not sure how a AA-cruiser could be attractive in the current state of the game. Interesting ship history-wise, sure. Gameplay-wise, nope.

Is anyone here playing Wows-Blitz and can say how Dido is implemented there?

Sign in to follow this