Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Unfortunate_Son

Would you sell your Prems back?

Would you sell your prems back to WG?  

121 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. If WG offered to buy back all your prems at 5€ a piece. No questions asked. But you'd have to sell them all. Would you do it?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/11/2021 at 02:24 AM

31 comments in this topic

Players
235 posts

I went counting how many prems I have (plenty). Then I started counting how many of those I've actually used during recent years (not many).

This inbalance made me sad and I created a poll to see how others feel. Are your good prems worth the junk?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,433 posts
32,719 battles

I wouldn´t, some were fun while it lasted. But I would make them play some of the cruisers in post-rework state for 8 battles/day.

14km KKrim vs T7 - curious to see what their [edited]spreadshiet would say to that.

And I wouldn´t even charge them for that.

• Funny 2

[DREAD]
Players
10,867 posts
7,471 battles

Of course not. I mean I would be happy if I could sell one or two but certainly not all and certainly not for 5€

• Cool 3

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
415 posts
9,647 battles

I would sell them back, but for half of what I paid initially. When a tier 8 prem is around 40 euros, you kinda want at least half back.

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
1,420 posts
14,564 battles

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would pay 100 euros for a single prem ship anyways. I think they are outrageously overpriced. 

• Cool 13

Players
2,339 posts
20,612 battles

Although there certainly are some premium ships I would be happy to sell back I wouldn’t want to get rid of all of them. 

[TOHOU]
Players
312 posts
4,560 battles

probably would be better to sell them for credits than 5 bucks xD

[NWP]
Players
3,735 posts
18,027 battles
1 hour ago, Camperdown said:

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would pay 100 euros for a single prem ship anyways. I think they are outrageously overpriced. 

Me neither, but WG's datasheet show that enough people are willing to spend this amount of money on bundles to make it worth them a while.

• Cool 2

[SPURD]
Players
869 posts
6,596 battles

No? I have premiums I never play that I got from containers (like e. lolcarrier) but what of it?

Players
58 posts
1,939 battles

I wouldn't mind even trading some of them for dubs which i could use to buy prem time or other ships , since i have  a few premiums i have no use for 

[RODS]
Players
1,826 posts
7,824 battles
2 hours ago, Unfortunate_Son said:

I went counting how many prems I have (plenty). Then I started counting how many of those I've actually used during recent years (not many).

This inbalance made me sad and I created a poll to see how others feel. Are your good prems worth the junk?

I have over 100..

I dont miss the money but.. 

CV rework

Captain rework

Broken promises

HE spammers 

Submarines

Stupidity

The sum of everything makes me wish I could sell them back

• Cool 4

Weekend Tester
870 posts
10,277 battles

I'd sell my entire account back, if WG offered hard cash. The Captain skill rework rather killed the game for me (300+ captains), and I've hardly played since.

• Cool 5

[XTREM]
Players
2,156 posts
15,571 battles

5 Euros each compared to what you paid for each initially would be a huge loss.

Not to mention, it's wiser to just keep the prems you don't like anyway if they're past the refund period, so they at least don't drop from SCs in future. 

On the subject, there's one prem I regret buying and would refund if I could - Champagne. 

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,157 posts
22,986 battles
8 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

I'd sell my entire account back, if WG offered hard cash. The Captain skill rework rather killed the game for me (300+ captains), and I've hardly played since.

If they'd offer me full price then I would sell in an instant.

• Funny 1

Players
235 posts

I've started my mental journey away from the game.

It's not about money, but selling the fleet for scrap would be a fitting end for the final chapter.

I'd use the money to buy a big bottle of good rum. Contents would be consumed while watching the client running a reverse dockyard animation for each of my ships.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[LX]
Players
294 posts
20,772 battles

Most of my premium ships are reward, free XP or coal ships so probably couldn't get cash refund anyway.

I'm hanging on to my less loved premiums in the naive hope that I might get something better in a super container - still waiting ...

I haven't been Makarov'd yet so my guess that's what I'll get next.

Players
2,759 posts
15,330 battles

I would only if I would like to quit anyway without selling my account to the highest bidder.

But for now I am kind of still willing to endure all fun and engaging reworks plus better and better playerbase for a while longer. Do not know how long I will last though. 

Players
2,425 posts
25,073 battles

This Premiums which I need like fish needs a bicycle definitely ( most of them ) yes but for I'm not sure about exchange for 5$. I'm not regretting owning so many of them and spending so many for WoWs.

Beyond Emperor Nicolai, Fujin, Gremyashchy, Perth, Ark Royal, Scharnhorst and Massachussetts I could definitey sold rest of TII-VIII premiums for $,dubloons,coal or steel. TIX-X definitely nope but if I had opportunity to exchange my FDR for even half of her price in Steel or exchange her for Somers I would do this instantly.

Players
623 posts
4,993 battles

I'd be tempted to sell some of them, but only paper / what-if premiums such as Ishizuchi. The armchair historian in me would want to hang on to the real ships, even if I don't play them any more, e.g.Graf Spee.

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
3,180 posts
Vor 5 Stunden, VIadoCro sagte:

14km KKrim vs T7 - curious to see what their [edited]spreadshiet would say to that.

Just had exactly that kind of game.

Verdict:

shot-21.04.05_14.10.54-0391.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
4,025 posts
21,135 battles

I would sell them back and uninstall the game no questions asked.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[VIBES]
Players
924 posts
20,297 battles

There isn't a single premium in my port that I would sell for $5, other than Smith and Tachibana, but only because they're even cheaper to buy back. :Smile_great:

Let's say the ticket for a 2-hour movie costs (used to cost, before the pandemic) about 10 Euro. That's 5 Euro/hour, maybe less if it's a longer movie.

With WoWs, an hour is about 4 games. So in a sense you're asking if I've played, or would play in the future, fewer than 4 games for every 5 Euro I spent on each of my premiums. The answer is mostly no, and certainly not overall.

[_I_]
Players
1,089 posts
20,891 battles

Since I got all for free it's all good.

Then again I wonder who wants to play €50 for a pixelship.. once ok, but repeatedly?

However I WOULD BE HAPPY to pay a €10 monthly subscription to a warship game where the company delivered well thought out ships and balanced gameplay without million micro-rewards and other phone-game style tricks to lure people into playing the game.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this