Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mrs_Ragdoll

Will (german) secondaries ever be fixed?

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-0_0-]
Players
246 posts
10,051 battles

As far as I've seen WG didn't even acknowledged the secondary guns accuracy problem yet, which is especially terrible for German builds. I used to spend 40 to 80 euro's per month for 5.5 years and love this game (less now though), since the captain rework I haven't spend a single Euro. And with me a lot of other players too I've heard and read. Also because of Dead Eye. There was also a lot of anger about Dead Eye which is justified but I think this secondary gun problems is also one of the most important problems which should be fixed asap.

WG has announced that they are reworking Dead Eye but will secondaries be fixed too? My Tirpitz B and Pommern are no fun at all anymore and I bought them just 3 to 4 months or so before the rework. German BBs in general were my favorite BBs (not only the Premium ones, and Massa too) because they actually were fun and good at close to medium ranges and not backline spammers like 80% in the game and in my port. I like to help at caps and play more aggresive and have some good action. If they rework Dead Eye but don't fix secondaries my wallet will stay closed any way.

For those who think the nerf was only 10% and didn't play German BBs since the commander rework, read this and/or try full secondary builds yourself. If you just simply count the numbers ingame from the captain skill and upgrades almost everyone thinks the nerf is only a few %, but it doesn't work that way, it's much more complex and the real accuracy in the end is VERY bad.

 

 

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
3,807 posts
15,184 battles

Mr Gibbons suggested that WG will buff ships that need it but that this doesn't mean retaining prior characteristics.

 

So if German Battleships are weak, it would not mean a secondary buff is incoming.

 

I strongly suggest voting with your wallet which you seem to already be doing. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[INTRO]
Players
911 posts
19,114 battles
Vor 16 Minuten, Mrs_Ragdoll sagte:

As far as I've seen WG didn't even acknowledged the secondary guns accuracy problem yet, which is especially terrible for German builds.

 

Because there is no accuracy problem, for WG it is "working as intended"™.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
58 posts
1,939 battles

Yes sure only fix german secondaries and [edited]everyone else , because only germans matter ...:Smile_facepalm:

 

Just give the skill 60% accuracy like it uses to be and either remove the improved base from german ships or give it to everyone else . 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

The problem is the campy meta. No matter how much you buff the secondaries, if people camp, those builds will be useless. Ive played secondary BBs in ranked and they work, because people cant camp (or they just lose by default).

image.thumb.png.7186d1372bf633e7a25384e4066c6369.png

Those are all full secondaries, except Pommern which has IFHE but i recently swapped secondary mod in 3rd slot for ASM1. 10,5km secondaries are still enough, but mainguns will hit now too.

 

If you wanna enjoy secondary BBs, play them in ranked (and brawls when they come up). Randoms are crap.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
294 posts
4,347 battles
51 minutes ago, Spectre_S_ said:

Yes sure only fix german secondaries and [edited]everyone else , because only germans matter ...:Smile_facepalm:

 

Just give the skill 60% accuracy like it uses to be and either remove the improved base from german ships or give it to everyone else . 

I second this^ 

 

Initially, I was grinding my up steel in order to get the Shikishima cus of its big boom and meme secondaries. Now, all it is is just a Yamato clone with different sound effects. I feel bad for those people who potentially spent an entire year to get enough steel for this thing, just to have the one thing that was unique about it gutted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
852 posts
8,060 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

The problem is the campy meta. No matter how much you buff the secondaries, if people camp, those builds will be useless. Ive played secondary BBs in ranked and they work, because people cant camp (or they just lose by default).

image.thumb.png.7186d1372bf633e7a25384e4066c6369.png

Those are all full secondaries, except Pommern which has IFHE but i recently swapped secondary mod in 3rd slot for ASM1. 10,5km secondaries are still enough, but mainguns will hit now too.

 

If you wanna enjoy secondary BBs, play them in ranked (and brawls when they come up). Randoms are crap.

May I ask for your mod and captain setup for GK? I undid mine when it was free to do so, but what? I'm going to play a DE Kurfürst? No. So I'll spec it for fun (once in a blue moon).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
321 posts
17,525 battles
2 hours ago, Spectre_S_ said:

Yes sure only fix german secondaries and [edited]everyone else , because only germans matter ...:Smile_facepalm:

 

Just give the skill 60% accuracy like it uses to be and either remove the improved base from german ships or give it to everyone else . 

And give that skill back to cruisers aswell. Why do CVs get the best secondary skill in the game and cruisers get nothing?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,157 posts
22,986 battles
8 minutes ago, Captn_Crap said:

And give that skill back to cruisers aswell. Why do CVs get the best secondary skill in the game and cruisers get nothing?

Won't happen, even after WG made certain secondary builds viable on cruisers.

 

For example now Graf Spee can have a 7km secondary range with signal and module alone. And a good secondary armament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
16 minutes ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

May I ask for your mod and captain setup for GK? I undid mine when it was free to do so, but what? I'm going to play a DE Kurfürst? No. So I'll spec it for fun (once in a blue moon).

 

I havent specced my GK captain right now, because im not sure either, where i wanna go with it.

 

image.png.8552f03fadfd03c9c3629f12c296bcff.png

 

I guess something like this could work. You get 11km secondaries, and when you are in range, your reload is <23 sec. With AR kicking in, reload will get lowered even further. Secondaries might not do too much, but you still want to close the distance so you get faster reload.

If you want, you can ofc take PT instead of turret traverse.

 

For the tank-build, you could take BoS instead of secondary range and swap DCP mod for rudder mod in 4th slot aswell. Then take Extra heal instead of CQC. But that seems kinda boring to me. If you wanna close the distance, might aswell get something out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
321 posts
17,525 battles
11 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Won't happen, even after WG made certain secondary builds viable on cruisers.

 

For example now Graf Spee can have a 7km secondary range with signal and module alone. And a good secondary armament.

Yes probably won't happen. 

 

Quite sad that WG finally increased secondary range on cruisers and at the same time removed the option of a secondary build completely. 

 

Ofc the secondary dispersion buff was only applied to german BBs and not cruisers. A secondary build on graf spee will still be extremely useless without any dispersion buff or dispersion skill.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×