You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

Flandre in the shop - is it any good?

31 comments in this topic

Players
1,839 posts
10,181 battles

I used to have a baguette fetish, with my favorite ship being the Alsace. But ever since the secondary rework, I havent used a single french ship.

How does this ship fair in the new meta?? 

Players
846 posts

Seems like its an Alsace without the speed-boost and fighter plane.

Did we really need a 3rd "Alsace-class" ship in the game?

VIII already had Gascan and Champagne.

Players
1,839 posts
10,181 battles
5 minutes ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

Seems like its an Alsace without the speed-boost and fighter plane.

Did we really need a 3rd "Alsace-class" ship in the game? VIII already had Gascan and Champagne.

gascan and champagne use the richeliu hull

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,300 posts
30,552 battles
8 minutes ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

Did we really need a 3rd "Alsace-class" ship in the game?

This one is based on one of three proposals for the Alsace battleship. We still need to get the last one, basically Flandre but with 406mm instead of 380mm, which could easily be either T9 or T10 depending on how WG balance it.

• Cool 1

Players
846 posts
1 minute ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

gascan and champagne use the richeliu hull

Yes, but Flandre is a 3rd premium BB for the french in tier VIII.

And its only selling point is a different AA-suite?

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,769 posts
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I used to have a baguette fetish, with my favorite ship being the Alsace. But ever since the secondary rework, I havent used a single french ship.

How does this ship fair in the new meta?? 

Richelieu is IMO better

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,745 posts
15,129 battles

Rearward firing angles look amazing.

slow reload and small guns though.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,652 posts
19,101 battles
10 minutes ago, Alberdan said:

Miss Mouse's review

That's what I figured, too. As a fan of French BBs I guess I'm the target market for this, but this feels like one ship too many, not distinctive enough, especially considering there was a 406mm/16 inch version of Alsace, inspired by the Massa/Iowa American BBs. That would be interesting, this probably isn't. 

[-RNR-]
Players
1,247 posts

This thing comes with a permission to Nerf attached like the Yamato Sale. I know WG do nerf premiums, if they can't do it one way they will do it another but now it's included in the add so what's the :etc_swear: point of Premiums other than a few credits etc. 

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,652 posts
19,101 battles
21 minutes ago, Maris_Piper said:

so what's the :etc_swear: point of Premiums other than a few credits etc. 

Interesting gameplay? It's not to be significantly superior to a Tech Tree ship, for sure. If the ship has interesting qualities it will survive nerfs. 

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,769 posts
16 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

If the ship has interesting qualities it will survive nerfs. 

Are we still talking Flandre here? Couse I can see like 0 interesting qualities there?

• Cool 1

[-RNR-]
Players
1,247 posts
20 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Interesting gameplay?

I can get interesting game[lay without paying for it. If I pay for something I want what I pay for NOT something that can be changed altered or  screwed over, it should stay as I buy it. Better or worse than Tech Tree matters not. A business transaction has been entered into and it should stand as is or there is no point in buying the Item. And that is Why WG has put the right to change in the Add as it did with the Premium Yamato there is now nothing to stop 

1' Release OP ship and sell a lot of them

2' Nerf OP Ship in the name of Balance'

3. Release another OP Ship....Rinse and Repeat

4. See Smolensk. Thunderer etc

It's not about one ship

• Cool 5

Players
2,797 posts
33,674 battles
1 hour ago, Alberdan said:

She summarized good;

"Look, Roma is the better boat, no matter how you slice it.  She has better protection, better guns, better concealment and better agility.  The only thing that sets Flandre apart is her support AA-firepower and her big chunk of starting HP.  So in matches where the damage you take comes at you all at once, sure, Flandre might survive where Roma might not.  Maybe.  Roma's more likely to shrug off the hits in the first place and go undetected.  Roma's also better at dodging.  So would you throw money at Roma?  No?  Then Flandre isn't worth it.  Even if you stick within French lines, Gascogne is the more interesting vessel.  Go back and look over all of those charts and graphs.  Look at how Flandre stacks up to Roma and Gascogne.  Roma has the additional benefit of not suffering from a commander-skill identity crisis.  Though neither ship has secondaries worth upgrading, Flandre and Gascogne might fool you into thinking that they are.

And Roma gets a beer-pope-hat.

I really don't think I need to say more than that.  Mouse out."

• Cool 6

[BASIC]
Players
798 posts
21,838 battles

Well, another ez money copy-paste premium nobodoy asked for, why bother with reworking commander rework for istance....

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,652 posts
19,101 battles
1 hour ago, Maris_Piper said:

I can get interesting game[lay without paying for it.

Yes, you can. The reason why I like French BBs so much is that they are very different to the rest of the BB lines,  and the main reason I won't be buying Flandre is because it seems the most conservative French one yet. 

1 hour ago, Maris_Piper said:

If I pay for something I want what I pay for NOT something that can be changed altered or  screwed over, it should stay as I buy it.

Indirect nerfs already happen. You can buy a Premium ship and enjoy it, but it can be nerfed by global changes (smoke firing), skill changes (secondaries) and meta changes (CVs, radar, power creep). Lots of us have already spent money on ships which have been made much less effective by that type of change.

All WG are doing is saying that now they reserve the right to make direct changes to a ship, and I'm fine with that - because it means that they can alter their mistakes after the fact. I would love it if they *could* alter Belfast, Enterprise, etc, because it would give the balancing team more sway over the marketing team. At the minute WG are knowingly selling OP ships in lootboxes - which is obnoxious - and people are spending £££ because they know these OP ships are protected. If the policy changes and those types of ships can be revised, then the whole dreadful exploitative circus is over. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
235 posts
16 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

At the minute WG are knowingly selling OP ships in lootboxes - which is obnoxious - and people are spending £££ because they know these OP ships are protected. If the policy changes and those types of ships can be revised, then the whole dreadful exploitative circus is over. 

Would not happen because:
1. Prem ship prices should drop as those may become crap overnight. They would be forced to introduce a proper return policy.
2. Xmas sales would plummet. 
3. WG would actually have to focus on making the game better.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,769 posts
8 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

All WG are doing is saying that now they reserve the right to make direct changes to a ship, and I'm fine with that

And I for one reserve the right to not support that kind of BS with my money...

• Cool 7

[DREAD]
Players
10,842 posts
7,470 battles
3 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

And I for one reserve the right to not support that kind of BS with my money...

Agree - it defeats the main selling point for me - the promise to not faq it up. 

Mind you that this is only an issue because WG is incapable of reasonable balancing - meaning any change will inevitably lead to screwing it up. And for such experiments I don’t want to give away my money. Better buy my wife another hand bag or other more or less useless stuff such as jewelry, or buy me a real boat or whatever 

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,652 posts
19,101 battles
17 minutes ago, Unfortunate_Son said:

1. Prem ship prices should drop as those may become crap overnight.

That can happen now, as Flint owners will tell you. The ship didn't change, but it's certainly not what it was. 

All that's being protected by this policy are ships which are over powered, and the community expresses their hate for OP ships by piling in and buying as many as they can, knowing that as it stands they'll have the advantage of a Kami,  GC, Enterprise, Belfast or Missouri forever. We've all got that guilty ship we bought/got from lootboxes and were pleased because we knew WG had messed up the balancing, but we didn't want to be left behind the meta and we could use the economic benefits. 

24 minutes ago, Unfortunate_Son said:

2. Xmas sales would plummet. 

Good. One in the eye for predatory, manipulative capitalism. 

23 minutes ago, Unfortunate_Son said:

3. WG would actually have to focus on making the game better.

Good. +1 for that. 

[-RNR-]
Players
1,247 posts
19 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Indirect nerfs already happen. You can buy a Premium ship and enjoy it, but it can be nerfed by global changes (smoke firing), skill changes (secondaries) and meta changes (CVs, radar, power creep). Lots of us have already spent money on ships which have been made much less effective by that type of change.

All WG are doing is saying that now they reserve the right to make direct changes to a ship, and I'm fine with that - because it means that they can alter their mistakes after the fact. I would love it if they *could* alter Belfast, Enterprise, etc, because it would give the balancing team more sway over the marketing team. At the minute WG are knowingly selling OP ships in lootboxes - which is obnoxious - and people are spending £££ because they know these OP ships are protected. If the policy changes and those types of ships can be revised, then the whole dreadful exploitative circus is over. 

Well Dude you just spent a chapter telling me what I already know and mostly agree with :Smile_honoring:   But now they can blatantly do what I said (see below) without even trying to justify it and after WG's latest antics with Satan Crates etc they have done nothing to engender any trust whatsoever as far as I can see. that's just my Opinion and if WG want to play Fast and Loose with my money they can Go Forth and Multiply

1.Release OP ship and sell a lot of them 

2.Nerf OP Ship in the name of Balance'

3. Release another OP Ship....Rinse and Repeat

4. See Smolensk. Thunderer etc

•  
  • Cool 1

Players
235 posts
10 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Good. One in the eye for predatory, manipulative capitalism. 

Good. +1 for that. 

Problem is. I have zero belief in WG making prem ships cheaper, wanting to give up Xmas sales and investing resources on making the game better.

• Cool 1