Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
luokailk

There is NO need to play ranked/CW as WG is nerfing steel ships

89 comments in this topic

[KITEN]
Players
205 posts
22,331 battles

Guys, I believe the reason for most of you here to play ranked / CW is to get more steel, which can be used to buy steel ships. Why you want to get those steel ships? Because they are strong. Now WG is nerfing those steel ships :

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/135

So why should we play so hard to get some trash that you don't want? Just enjoy the random mode.

Edit:

Thanks guys for the reply. Probably I didn't mention it clearly. The problem here is the following:

1. WG promised that they won't change (nerf) the premium/freemium ships individually.

2. You buy a premium/freemium ship because you like some features inside;

3. WG takes that feature you like away after you bought the ship.

4. What do you say?

Edit again:

Let me put it in this way for example. All the guys buy the Christmas crates in the hope of getting Missouri and Mousashi, which used to be freemium ships (for FXP). Will you guys buy it again knowing that those ships may also be nerfed in the future? WG, pls don't do this, or at least you can just reimburse those who paid for the nerfed ships in relative resources. 

3rd Edit:

Some guys claim that freemium ships can be nerfed as they are not paid by real money. This is not true:

Freemium ships are paid by coal, FXP or steel. WG have many events to sell coal (in containers), FXP and steel (dockyard for example) for real money. Many of us paid by real money for this to get those freemium ships, and nerfing those ships after the purchase would have some legal problems, as the previous one with the premium ships.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 7
  • Bad 8

Beta Tester
2,374 posts
6,847 battles
9 minutes ago, luokailk said:

Guys, I believe the reason for most of you here to play ranked / CW is to get more steel

I think you severely underestimate the average narcissism of the playerbase.

• Cool 4

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,905 battles

WG applying nerfs so small they will change nothing to OP ships? :Smile_ohmy:

• Cool 4

Players
1,077 posts
18,199 battles
13 minutes ago, luokailk said:

play so hard

You´re doing it wrong.

• Funny 1

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,288 posts
Vor 15 Minuten, luokailk sagte:

Because they are strong.

and like all other premium/special ships also steel ships should be weaker than techtree ships...

• Cool 3

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,289 posts
26,784 battles

ok, have some wows history lesson:

- wg releases premium ships for cash, tenor "we dont nerf prems"

- wg introduces semi prems for ingame currency(-ies), which count as prems (and some can get obtained for cash)

- wg comes to realize that all of em been right lol... supertesters and such alike. sadly, they simply didnt want to listen...

- wg tries to set an precedencial case with guilio cesare, as spreadsheet says "ship too good" (all of a sudden rofl....)

- playerbase "kindly" points wg on "we dont nerf prems"

- wg realizes that that would cut off the "release op now, grab cash, nerf later"policy on way too much ships. wg doesnt like proper testing or qualitive feddback.

- wg decides to make one of the most foul moves ever imho: split between "true prems" and "speshuuul ships"

- wg tells, "okok, no nerf on prems... BUT.... HaHa, spehuuuls are not true prems... brace for nerfs".....

and here we are now. with a 1.3km nerf range on an at least borderline ship, that still can shoot half the map after this so called nerf. this nerf is a joke lol, nothing more or less!

u dont like ur spehullls to get nerfed?! well, i ran the wall against the split of prems with speshuuls, didnt see u there..... and not too many others anyways btw, but yeah.

ur too late to the party in other words, they in doubt gonna change anything 'bout these speshuuls they might feel appropiate from woatever perspective suits them the most (economical, balanceHaHa, looks, woatever)....

playerbase missed the opportunity to somehow try to force them into proper testing b4 releasing new ships, that simple. to now complain is like to come to a party one was invited to, just to complaoin about one not was invited to it lol....

• Cool 5

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
17 minutes ago, luokailk said:

Just enjoy the random mode.

What if playing ranked and especially CBs is more fun than playing randoms tho? :cap_yes:

Steel ships are often not the holy cow people make them out to be anyway. Its people, who dont own the ships proclaiming that they are the most OP thing ever. While they can be strong, they are not necessarily easy to play.

As for those 2 "nerfs" they hardly do anything. Thunderer? lol... Stalingrad? who cares, you see that thing from the moon. And doesnt matter if its 25 or 30 secs, stalingrad will shoot twice either way. Only if teammates can also shoot there might be a difference. Not to mention, 30 sec russian radar is just too much anyway.

• Cool 6

[TORAZ]
Players
491 posts
26,642 battles

I'm for nerfing anything if it is over the top, Thunderer got off easy, hopefully, we see a hammer swing at Petro next.

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,169 posts
21,672 battles
12 minutes ago, JohnMac79 said:

WG applying nerfs so small they will change nothing to OP ships? :Smile_ohmy:

multiple small nerfs till there balanced is better than one big over nerf....

I say Well played WG...

• Cool 7

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,905 battles
1 minute ago, T0byJug said:

multiple small nerfs till there balanced is better than one big over nerf....

I say Well played WG...

How long as thunderer and stalin been out now? And they nerf its range by 1300m as if that is the problem with the thunderer? :Smile_unsure:

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
2 minutes ago, JohnMac79 said:

How long as thunderer and stalin been out now? And they nerf its range by 1300m as if that is the problem with the thunderer? :Smile_unsure:

So in 3 years from now,  Thunderer will have 14km range? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 4

Beta Tester
2,374 posts
6,847 battles
1 minute ago, OM40 said:

I'm for nerfing anything if it is over the top, Thunderer got off easy, hopefully, we see a hammer swing at Petro next.

Aside from the radar range (radar itself should be reworked as a mechanic IMO to make it more distinct and situational from hydro), I don't really get the issue people have with most these ships when they're nose camping. If you hit the upper deck with AP or HE you deal about 5 to 8K damage. If you get lucky you might even get a citadel out of it from the front, if not a broken turret. If you get to their broadsides they explode in seconds.

[KITEN]
Players
205 posts
22,331 battles
16 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

What if playing ranked and especially CBs is more fun than playing randoms tho? :cap_yes:

Steel ships are often not the holy cow people make them out to be anyway. Its people, who dont own the ships proclaiming that they are the most OP thing ever. While they can be strong, they are not necessarily easy to play.

As for those 2 "nerfs" they hardly do anything. Thunderer? lol... Stalingrad? who cares, you see that thing from the moon. And doesnt matter if its 25 or 30 secs, stalingrad will shoot twice either way. Only if teammates can also shoot there might be a difference. Not to mention, 30 sec russian radar is just too much anyway.

You are wrong mate, with the improved captain skill and the coal upgrade, stalingrad can shoot 3 times, now it will be twice, so that's a 50% nerf!!!

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,951 posts
21,708 battles
44 minutes ago, luokailk said:

So why should we play so hard to get some trash that you don't want? Just enjoy the random mode.

tenor.gif

• Funny 10

[TBU]
Players
130 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, luokailk sagte:

You are wrong mate, with the improved captain skill and the coal upgrade, stalingrad can shoot 3 times, now it will be twice, so that's a 50% nerf!!!

Sounds like a 33% nerf, but maybe my school was inferior to yours.

• Funny 7

Beta Tester
3,636 posts
16,605 battles

I actually hate the Thunderer meta and would like to see this ship nerfed a lot more, but at the same time I worked my [edited]off for the steel and research bureau rewards and trusted that these great prizes would not be taken away from me via nerfs in the future.

Even though there are good reasons to re-balance some if these ships, you are destorying a lot of trust here and might in fact make it a lot less attractive to invest time/resources into getting new reward ships, especially from research bureau. Maybe you can pass this feedback along @MrConway @Crysantos.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
47 minutes ago, luokailk said:

Guys, I believe the reason for most of you here to play ranked / CW is to get more steel, which can be used to buy steel ships. Why you want to get those steel ships? Because they are strong. Now WG is nerfing those steel ships :

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/135

Both nerfs to Thunderer and Stalingrad are mild and WELL justified.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 2

Players
2,164 posts
13,092 battles
28 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

and like all other premium/special ships also steel ships should be weaker than techtree ships...

They shouldn't be weaker. They should be in line and balanced with the rest of the ships. They should just be exclusive in a way that not everyone who derps around in co-op or in randoms with a 42% WR should be able to obtain them. There should be some incentive to play competitive game modes, be it only rare ships or kinda unique appearance in form of camos (e.g. Made of Steel) or flags (e.g. Jolly Roger).

• Cool 5

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

Prems should offer alternative ways to play as in compared to the main line and/or economic bonuses OR be historically interesting, preferably all of the above and NOT hyped up powecreep avatars, however its clear what sells ships the most...

• Cool 3

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,289 posts
26,784 battles

as i said b4, anyone complaining while being around when the guilio case was around and the split between prems and spehuuuls happened, to me kind of runs in danger to end up in hypocricy imho!

when this playerbase had the actual chance to at least try to force them into a proper testing mechanic for new prems, we didn't! most just jumped the train of "yeee, guuud... op's can be nerfed now, yeehaaaw".....

instead of fighting for proper testing cycles, so there (in the best case lol ^^) not would be the necessity for future nerfs furtheron. as, in such a csae, there wouldn't be anymore op releases.........

2 cts

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this