Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
leonport

I always have a good laugh when i read the devs statement on balancing

33 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
30,911 posts
15,691 battles
5 minutes ago, leonport said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.thumb.png.922836aba4ba27e5b01115b7e35c31a4.png

SECONDARY,TOO EFFICIENT

yeah remember wg was too afraid to "buff" secondaries without a penalty so the only option was nuking the core skill that makes these builds worth it, But deadeye was totally fine and raised 0 concerns in the balancing department that it could make certain ships like khm...THUNDERER khm...CONQEROR... too effective.

Anyway where are the secondary buffs wg? They lost basically half of their effeciency in one patch and after 9 weeks we got 0 buffs or announcements of buffs.

US BB were hit a bit, but far from half...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 5

[TEPES]
Players
229 posts
5,037 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

US BB were hit a bit, but far from half...

i don't see any secondary data.Because overall efficency of a ship didn't decreased much that doesn't mean its secondary build efficency not decreased as well

and ofc of course american secondary bbs didn't received a big hit to their overall dmg, their main guns are the thing that makes those ships good

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
30,911 posts
15,691 battles
Just now, leonport said:

i don't see any secondary data.Because overall efficency of a ship didn't decreased much that doesn't mean its secondary build efficency not decreased as well

It is the ship data. When you think that people do not play them with secondary setup anymore, then the data is not relevant for you. But in that case it would show that the new skills did not make most of these ships worse.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[TEPES]
Players
229 posts
5,037 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It is the ship data. When you think that people do not play them with secondary setup anymore, then the data is not relevant for you. But in that case it would show that the new skills did not make most of these ships worse.

i want my secondaries back as they were before 0.10.0 i don't care about what the spreadsheet says if im not enjoying playing what i used to enjoy, and many people feel the same way

• Cool 10

Modder
5,386 posts
24,430 battles
40 minutes ago, leonport said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.thumb.png.922836aba4ba27e5b01115b7e35c31a4.png

SECONDARY,TOO EFFICIENT

What a joke. One of the most situative build except Massa was "too efficient", so they tell about buffing it, but it was nerfed. Now even restoring it to previous state could be too strong. Logic !

When I bought Gascogne I could put on it full secondary build + even IFHE (no hurting my main battery fire chance) and it was still no so strong. But i understand why it should be nerfed from marketing point of view. Others was angry that my secondaries work somehow and i am pushing forward and disturbing them. So they got "dead eye" ballance and my "OP" toys was removed completely.

I never knew that I bought so OP ship, until now ...

• Cool 7

[TEPES]
Players
229 posts
5,037 battles
Just now, Odo_Toothless said:

What a joke. One of the most situative build except Massa, and it could be too efficient, so it was nerfed. Logic !

the thing is the only OP secondary ships aren't op because of their secondary, they are OP because their main guns and 40second heal but hey devs sure know what we need

• Cool 5

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,187 posts
9,464 battles

The commander skill rework will increase the variety of different captain builds! 

53xqfv.jpg.b5f9a753486120082a4ba258e19ed076.jpg

• Cool 9
  • Funny 9

[SHAD]
Players
3,741 posts
15,095 battles

Well they seem to have little concept of how the changes affect the game. Their handling of dead eye and secondaries seem to show that they struggle with maths.

For an idea of how badly secondaries are affected, go here:

• Cool 15

Players
562 posts
5,022 battles
3 hours ago, leonport said:

the thing is the only OP secondary ships aren't op because of their secondary, they are OP because their main guns and 40second heal but hey devs sure know what we need

This. I think the 1 vs 1 brawls really outlined why the Massa was, and still is a great ship. The secondaries are part of the package, but imo not even a very big part.

[CATS]
Players
30,911 posts
15,691 battles
12 minutes ago, Chips_uk said:

Literally a definition of the meme "spreadsheet says having fun". yawn.

That happens when you read a statement about having fun, that is not there.

• Bad 1

Players
3,901 posts
21,075 battles
51 minutes ago, Chips_uk said:

Literally a definition of the meme "spreadsheet says having fun". yawn.

Rofl. Post title confirmed :fish_cute_2:

The irony is strong.

• Cool 1

Players
460 posts
5,402 battles

cant have secondary builds

they are too much a hard counter 

to DDs, stationary DDs, that are bigger then a BB and give you a 10 second warning because of the delay as soon as you set a priority target 

cant have so many ships hard countered by only needing careful and intelligent positioning and angling 

it doesnt involve pointing a mouse in a direction and leading a bit, its way too easy for such a hard counter 

[HOO]
Players
2,182 posts
3,922 battles
12 hours ago, Odo_Toothless said:

What a joke. One of the most situative build except Massa was "too efficient", so they tell about buffing it, but it was nerfed. Now even restoring it to previous state could be too strong. Logic !

I think the logic fpr WG is simply and another opportunity to grab some more cash. They now have an excuse to release a new suite of premium BB's with much better secondaries. "You want secondaries like they used to be comrade? OK here they are, all you need do is open your wallet."

• Cool 2

[ALYEN]
Players
2,575 posts
4,334 battles
12 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

It is the ship data available to you and it does not in any way enable you to evaluate secondaries (either show direct secondary damage and/or captain build used) so it is completely irrelevant.

In the same way you could post dead-eye focused builds going through the roof with damage and argue that it shows it's because of their increased survivability. Those data would again not show the critical information so the interpretation is up to whoever want to say anything.

• Cool 2

[ALYEN]
Players
2,575 posts
4,334 battles
9 hours ago, gopher31 said:

Well they seem to have little concept of how the changes affect the game. Their handling of dead eye and secondaries seem to show that they struggle with maths.

For an idea of how badly secondaries are affected, go here:

While this post is interesting, the poster forgot about one thing: SIGMA. Secondary sigma is 1.0 means that the shells are evenly distributed across the whole dispersion area. Main gun sigma skewes the shell distribution towards the center (depending on the sigma) based on a dice roll. Thus you can get good shots even with bad dispersion sometimes while this is never the case with secondaries.

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
3,070 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Hugh_Ruka sagte:

Secondary sigma is 1.0 means that the shells are evenly distributed across the whole dispersion area.

Which makes them as precise as rain, to put it mildly.

[TEPES]
Players
229 posts
5,037 battles
1 hour ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Which makes them as precise as rain, to put it mildly.

yeah just compare something that has 2.0 sigma and something that has 1.5sigma 

[T-N-T]
Players
599 posts
587 battles

The best demonstration of "how great" the balance in WoWS is, is the existence of BAN LIST for clan battles. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
460 posts
5,402 battles

sigma and dispersion doesnt really matter since the ai doesnt lead properly

the shots meant to miss are as likely to hit as the ones that are supposed to hit 

unless ofcourse its about stationary targets 

[SHAD]
Players
3,741 posts
15,095 battles
2 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

While this post is interesting, the poster forgot about one thing: SIGMA. Secondary sigma is 1.0 means that the shells are evenly distributed across the whole dispersion area. Main gun sigma skewes the shell distribution towards the center (depending on the sigma) based on a dice roll. Thus you can get good shots even with bad dispersion sometimes while this is never the case with secondaries.

It’s not mentioned because it’s always been 1.0 for secondaries.

The nerf received to secondary dispersion is the subject of the article and it’s calculations.

Players
6,592 posts

Is this another April Fools joke? :Smile_unsure:

Ironically, WG bosses always have a good laugh when they read the bank statement on account balance. :Smile_trollface:

[CATS]
Players
30,911 posts
15,691 battles
3 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

It is the ship data available to you and it does not in any way enable you to evaluate secondaries (either show direct secondary damage and/or captain build used) so it is completely irrelevant.

Only when you think that the setups of the ships have changed after the rework, as I already said...

• Bad 1

Sign in to follow this