Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

PT 0.10.3, balance changes. (DB 135)

53 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,199 posts
4,319 battles

The changes will be applied to Thunderer, Stalingrad, Italian battleships and test ships.

 

Read more.

 

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.

  • Bad 2
  • Angry 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
3,791 posts
15,172 battles

Hope it’s a joke. Stalingrad is already substantially weaker than it used to be.

Also, direct nerfs of special ships has not been done before. Even Smolensk was only nerfed by a ‘global’ change.

  • Cool 6
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
10,860 posts
7,471 battles

The problem with Thunderer is not if she camps from 24 or 23 km :etc_swear:

 

 

The problem is the absurd combination of accuracy, concealment, HE Nuclear shells and on top dead eye

 

If you want to fix this idiotic ship you need to adjust concealment to about 24km, reduce accuracy by half and fire chance to 0.

 

Just a suggestion 

 

And btw I do have her but I dislike it for the combination of traits she got 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
31,063 posts
15,715 battles
Spoiler

PT 0.10.3, balance changes

The changes will be applied to Thunderer, Stalingrad, Italian battleships and test ships.

 

We've changed the characteristics of several ships, including special ships Thunderer and Stalingrad, having analyzed their combat performance and taken player feedback into account. Such changes were required in order to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. We'll monitor the impact of the changes and general balance of ships, as usual we'll apply changes if deemed necessary.

X Thunderer

  • Main battery firing range reduced from 24.3 to 23 km.

X Stalingrad

  • Action time of the consumable «Surveillance Radar» reduced from 30 to 25 s.

IV Dante Alighieri

  • Sigma parameter reduced from 1.6 to 1.5;

V Conte di Cavour

  • Main battery reload time reduced from 33 to 31.5 s.

VI Andrea Doria

  • Maximum SAP shells damage increased from 9100 to 9500.

We adjusted the parameters of some ships based on testing results.

VIII Tiger '59

  • Changed the «Repair party» consumable:
    • Restoration of hit points, after receiving damage to the citadel, increased from 10% to 50%;
    • The restoration of the non-citadel damage increased from 50% to 60%;
  • Main battery dispersion increased.

VII Weimar

  • Added consumable «Spotting aircraft»:
    • Action time of consumable 60 s.
    • Reload time 240 s.
    • Number of consumables 4;
    • Main battery firing range bonus is 30%.

VII Hyūga

  • Reload time of «Main Battery Reload Booster» consumable increased from 30 to 60 s.

British destroyer Druid, Tier X:

  • Main battery reload time increased from 1.7 to 1.8 s.
  • Main battery firing range decreased from 14.1 to 12.1 km.
  • Maximum AP shell damage decreased from 2350 to 2200;

Italian cruiser Napoli, Tier X:

  • Secondary battery reload time reduced from:
    • 90mm shells from 4 to 3.5 s.
    • 152mm shells from 10 to 8 s.
  • Aft-end armor belt slopes thickness increased from 20 to 30 mm.
  • Fore- and aft-end armor plating reduced from 30 to 25 mm.

VI Ise

  • Aircraft restoration time reduced from 180 to 120 s.
  • Size of attacking flight increased from 3 to 4.
  • Aircraft per squadron increased from 3 to 4.

 

Not sure if it is a good idea to post that on the 1st of April...

  • Thunderer: will not change a thing
  • Stalingrad: will not change a thing
  • Dante: does not really look like she is overperforming
  • Conte: a higher Sigma would be more appreciated
  • Andrea: SAP damage is not her problem
  • Druid: right direction, but hard to judge if that is too much or not

 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
10,860 posts
7,471 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:
  Reveal hidden contents

PT 0.10.3, balance changes

The changes will be applied to Thunderer, Stalingrad, Italian battleships and test ships.

 

We've changed the characteristics of several ships, including special ships Thunderer and Stalingrad, having analyzed their combat performance and taken player feedback into account. Such changes were required in order to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. We'll monitor the impact of the changes and general balance of ships, as usual we'll apply changes if deemed necessary.

X Thunderer

  • Main battery firing range reduced from 24.3 to 23 km.

X Stalingrad

  • Action time of the consumable «Surveillance Radar» reduced from 30 to 25 s.

IV Dante Alighieri

  • Sigma parameter reduced from 1.6 to 1.5;

V Conte di Cavour

  • Main battery reload time reduced from 33 to 31.5 s.

VI Andrea Doria

  • Maximum SAP shells damage increased from 9100 to 9500.

We adjusted the parameters of some ships based on testing results.

VIII Tiger '59

  • Changed the «Repair party» consumable:
    • Restoration of hit points, after receiving damage to the citadel, increased from 10% to 50%;
    • The restoration of the non-citadel damage increased from 50% to 60%;
  • Main battery dispersion increased.

VII Weimar

  • Added consumable «Spotting aircraft»:
    • Action time of consumable 60 s.
    • Reload time 240 s.
    • Number of consumables 4;
    • Main battery firing range bonus is 30%.

VII Hyūga

  • Reload time of «Main Battery Reload Booster» consumable increased from 30 to 60 s.

British destroyer Druid, Tier X:

  • Main battery reload time increased from 1.7 to 1.8 s.
  • Main battery firing range decreased from 14.1 to 12.1 km.
  • Maximum AP shell damage decreased from 2350 to 2200;

Italian cruiser Napoli, Tier X:

  • Secondary battery reload time reduced from:
    • 90mm shells from 4 to 3.5 s.
    • 152mm shells from 10 to 8 s.
  • Aft-end armor belt slopes thickness increased from 20 to 30 mm.
  • Fore- and aft-end armor plating reduced from 30 to 25 mm.

VI Ise

  • Aircraft restoration time reduced from 180 to 120 s.
  • Size of attacking flight increased from 3 to 4.
  • Aircraft per squadron increased from 3 to 4.

 

Not sure if it is a good idea to post that on the 1st of April...

  • Thunderer: will not change a thing
  • Stalingrad: will not change a thing
  • Dante: does not really look like she is overperforming
  • Conte: a higher Sigma would be more appreciated
  • Andrea: SAP damage is not her problem
  • Druid: right direction, but hard to judge if that is too much or not

 

That’s the thing - all ships on the list certainly need changes but the changes for Thunderer are an April fools joke 

 

Isn’t it telling that we aren’t able to even say it the changes are a joke or not...? :Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,633 battles
10 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Hope it’s a joke. Stalingrad is already substantially weaker than it used to be.

 

Substantially?  It is somewhat weaker but definitively not "substantially weaker"

 

10 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Also, direct nerfs of special ships has not been done before. Even Smolensk was only nerfed by a ‘global’ change.

 

So? WG never said that they won't directly nerf "special" ships, quite contrary.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BMD]
Players
580 posts
18,816 battles
22 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

The changes will be applied to Thunderer, Stalingrad, Italian battleships and test ships.

 

Read more.

 

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.

First you f...... introduce the Dead Eye in captain skils and now you are f...... nerfing the Thunderer and the Stalingrad well done @Tanatoy Aka World of Warships :etc_swear: :etc_swear:

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
143 posts
13,287 battles

These changes more or less change nothing.

WG is just testing the reactions of nerfing premium/reward ships.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SH33P]
Players
7 posts
7,008 battles

This is an April fools, right? While it's quite obvious that Thunderer is an overpowered ship and Stalingrad is certainly strong (even though the commander rework already gave it a significant nerf overall), this would give the statement that WG could just release an overpowered resource ship and just nerf it afterwards. This would be really close to a scam. It certainly does feel like one. 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,633 battles
2 minutes ago, YoloOno said:

WG is just testing the reactions of nerfing premium/reward ships.

 

Quite probable, as these nerf are very minor in terms of effectiveness of both Thund and SG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALYEN]
Players
2,609 posts
4,358 battles
21 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  Reveal hidden contents

PT 0.10.3, balance changes

The changes will be applied to Thunderer, Stalingrad, Italian battleships and test ships.

 

We've changed the characteristics of several ships, including special ships Thunderer and Stalingrad, having analyzed their combat performance and taken player feedback into account. Such changes were required in order to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. We'll monitor the impact of the changes and general balance of ships, as usual we'll apply changes if deemed necessary.

X Thunderer

  • Main battery firing range reduced from 24.3 to 23 km.

X Stalingrad

  • Action time of the consumable «Surveillance Radar» reduced from 30 to 25 s.

IV Dante Alighieri

  • Sigma parameter reduced from 1.6 to 1.5;

V Conte di Cavour

  • Main battery reload time reduced from 33 to 31.5 s.

VI Andrea Doria

  • Maximum SAP shells damage increased from 9100 to 9500.

We adjusted the parameters of some ships based on testing results.

VIII Tiger '59

  • Changed the «Repair party» consumable:
    • Restoration of hit points, after receiving damage to the citadel, increased from 10% to 50%;
    • The restoration of the non-citadel damage increased from 50% to 60%;
  • Main battery dispersion increased.

VII Weimar

  • Added consumable «Spotting aircraft»:
    • Action time of consumable 60 s.
    • Reload time 240 s.
    • Number of consumables 4;
    • Main battery firing range bonus is 30%.

VII Hyūga

  • Reload time of «Main Battery Reload Booster» consumable increased from 30 to 60 s.

British destroyer Druid, Tier X:

  • Main battery reload time increased from 1.7 to 1.8 s.
  • Main battery firing range decreased from 14.1 to 12.1 km.
  • Maximum AP shell damage decreased from 2350 to 2200;

Italian cruiser Napoli, Tier X:

  • Secondary battery reload time reduced from:
    • 90mm shells from 4 to 3.5 s.
    • 152mm shells from 10 to 8 s.
  • Aft-end armor belt slopes thickness increased from 20 to 30 mm.
  • Fore- and aft-end armor plating reduced from 30 to 25 mm.

VI Ise

  • Aircraft restoration time reduced from 180 to 120 s.
  • Size of attacking flight increased from 3 to 4.
  • Aircraft per squadron increased from 3 to 4.

 

Not sure if it is a good idea to post that on the 1st of April...

  • Thunderer: will not change a thing
  • Stalingrad: will not change a thing
  • Dante: does not really look like she is overperforming
  • Conte: a higher Sigma would be more appreciated
  • Andrea: SAP damage is not her problem
  • Druid: right direction, but hard to judge if that is too much or not

 

I'd go with April fools ... nerf to Stalingrad and Thunderer is a dead giveaway ....

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
3,791 posts
15,172 battles
1 minute ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

I'd go with April fools ... nerf to Stalingrad and Thunderer is a dead giveaway ....

I would say the statement:


‘Carefully adjust the balance’

 

Is the biggest April fool giveaway!

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOHOU]
Players
312 posts
4,560 battles

yeah the figures on the ships could had been more agressive , gojira is like - wtf im doing here and why im so small

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
431 posts
5,147 battles

The ridiculous HE shells and fire chance need nerfed on Thunderer, not the range.

 

And that's coming from a Thunderer owner.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,199 posts
4,319 battles
53 minutes ago, CastorTolagi said:

WG can you please decide what it is before you post Dev Blogs?!

Tiger4.thumb.JPG.107ab57572774471bc96ab9cf1a37d06.JPG

It is indeed increased.

 

Those changes are announced today as pure coincidence, as we want to be able to test them in the public test environnement, for which the second version is going to be released in a few hours.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMMX]
Players
7 posts

It's a dangerous precedent to change released premium ships.

Granted, taking a stance not to change them also comes with all sorts of problems, just ask around WoT, but this has much more potential to cause a lot of grief amongst the playerbase.

 

I wonder if refunds will be available, honestly I wouldn't mind returning my Thunderer (which I'm quite bored with) and getting a Pommern instead.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[L123]
Players
106 posts
21,950 battles
14 minutes ago, Naughtilus said:

It's a dangerous precedent to change released premium ships.

Granted, taking a stance not to change them also comes with all sorts of problems, just ask around WoT, but this has much more potential to cause a lot of grief amongst the playerbase.

 

I wonder if refunds will be available, honestly I wouldn't mind returning my Thunderer (which I'm quite bored with) and getting a Pommern instead.

Wrong they are nerfing 2 Special ship.

 

They stated several time since the bear of this type of ship, that they will be subjected to any type of buff /nerf  cycle like tech tree ship.

 

Go and check the ship even the ARP YAMATO and the FDR are of the same type Smolensk too

  • Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[REIGN]
Beta Tester
78 posts
19,740 battles
15 minutes ago, Naughtilus said:

It's a dangerous precedent to change released premium ships.

Those 2 are not considered premium but special ships and thus are not subject to the "We avoid changing premium" "rule".

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
3,791 posts
15,172 battles
56 minutes ago, Gorenor said:

Wrong they are nerfing 2 Special ship.

 

They stated several time since the bear of this type of ship, that they will be subjected to any type of buff /nerf  cycle like tech tree ship.

 

Go and check the ship even the ARP YAMATO and the FDR are of the same type Smolensk too

You are referring to the disclaimer that is only present when a ship is a direct copy of a tech tree ship. Examples of which are ARP Yamato and Wujing.

 

They have never nerfed a special ship so while it may not go against anything WG said, it does show a change as before they would remove a ship from sale.


I don’t know, I like the ideas of a thunderer nerf but I am worried about setting this as a precedent. Imagine, they release Kitakame finally then after everyone has spent their steel increase the torp reload 100%!
 

If they start nerfing ships after sale it opens the door to poor bait and switch business practices. This is why I worry about this.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles

Thunderer: eh, minor

Stalingrad: Dont have a one so no comment

Dante: Probably deserved.

Cavour: not needed but not complaining

Doria: Nice

The rest: Changes to Napoli look nice, the one to Hyuga predictable, and a resounding "meh" to the changes to Weimar and Tiger 59

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
60 posts
10,658 battles

Thunderer already got a nerf with 1% lower fire change with captain "skill" "rework"

The Thunderer hate I do not understand - ppl camp the same with Musashi, Yamato, Izumo, Mighty Mo, Norca, Iowa, Mini, Vermont (With plane 32k...), etc...

The issue is not the ship - its the Deadeye that made it worse... Just Sayin'

 

we had edge campers before and brits are flamethrowers...

 

I have it and play it on and off - it's a solid performer but:

 

 

Start nerfing premiums and the will to play and pay(what you want..) will be less than 0

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,183 posts
13,512 battles

Look what im most concerned with here is that both nerfs dont even address any performance issues, but they do take away quality of life. Is that gonna be acceptable then? Is it gonna be fine that my Hizen will have less AA, or my Flints range gets downgraded to below the pathetic 11km that it currently is?

These changes dont solve anything for anyone and should therefore simply not be implemented. They are griefing nerfs.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×