Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Karasu_Hidesuke

Had it with rampant toxicity in the game

How to solve the problem of toxicity  

168 members have voted

  1. 1. How shoudl I solve the problem of getting repeatedly targeted by toxicity?

    • Give up on the randoms and all other PvP in the game.
      30
    • Disable chat and enjoy the blissful silence.
      76
    • Don't really give a **** what you do.
      62

131 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
6,619 posts

Okay, folks!

 

I've had it with the toxicity in the game which seems to be on the rise. I had some nasty remarks yesterday, and today I played two battles where I got some uncalled for remarks in both of them.

 

"Shut up noob we lost the 2nd zone because of you"

 

We didnt', and not because of me, even though I was in inner zone fighting off other DD's. Thought I was doing my job, apparently wasn't.

 

In the second game I capped and was fighting to defend it, running after a rogue enemy DD after that. I get responses like:

 

"Östergotland do your job we lost 2 ships because of you."

 

Yeah, responding to that I got torped so was out of it. Despite that I actually finished 2nd (I think) on the roster, we lost the battle, though because the team only managed to sink 3 ships.. while losing all 3 caps and 12 ships...

 

And I was reported for it, not once but twice...

 

The cup runneth over, as it were. So this is why I'm putting up a little poll here.

 

 

 

 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
10,851 posts
7,471 battles

Don’t be bothered - there are always some dull dudes who feel safe behind anonymous nick names 

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OHRIP]
Players
1,196 posts
9,899 battles

Stats are hidden, so can't comment on the merit of this ingame player feedback.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NECRO]
Players
3,112 posts

Do

Not

Use

Chat

Disable

It

In

The

Settings

The

Game

Will

Still

Be

An

Unbalanced

Patchwork

Of

Crap

But

At

Least

You

Can

Suffer

In

Silence

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,619 posts
4 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Do

Not

Use

Chat

Disable

It

In

The

Settings

The

Game

Will

Still

Be

An

Unbalanced

Patchwork

Of

Crap

But

At

Least

You

Can

Suffer

In

Silence

 

Confused....

7 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Don’t be bothered - there are always some dull dudes who feel safe behind anonymous nick names 

 

But I am bothered!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,619 posts
5 minutes ago, Dampfboot said:

Stats are hidden, so can't comment on the merit of this ingame player feedback.

 

They are hidden because they are crap...

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
10,851 posts
7,471 battles
3 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

But I am bothered!

Out of curiosity: why? These are random geeks on the internet - likely highly frustrated and who think it’s appropriate to shout at other players as long as they can hide behind being anonymous. Why bother?

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RODS]
Players
1,812 posts
7,821 battles

Think most "offenders" see themselves as high end gamer pros

Been playing this a few years and have had a couple of incidents

Still think I get more out of being able to read chat even with the negativity

Turn it off, you can always turn it back on again  

It is just a game..

 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,619 posts
3 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Out of curiosity: why? These are random geeks on the internet - likely highly frustrated and who think it’s appropriate to shout at other players as long as they can hide behind being anonymous. Why bother?

 

I guess because my stats are poor, and that kind of comments undermine my confidence to even manage to do as well as I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
2,145 posts
15,563 battles

I have chat disabled since forever, I only have it on in ranked and in CBs. 

I put it on in randoms only if I see someone who is likely to say Hi so I can do the same. Or if I feel the need to ask for something like enemy ship HP or position in the end-game, I turn it on and throw out the question.

 

I enjoy lovely silence and I can focus on my own game without the distracting mewling of random pepegas. It's very relaxing. 

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
1,503 posts
12,445 battles

I rarely vote on poles, but this is not a pole.

 

Here are my two cents on the matter.

1st make you stats public and don't give a rats posterior if they are bad or not. Your stats are your stats. end of story. 

2nd leave the chat open and just ignore the stupid comments. There is a utility of the chat. There is no need to lose it because some people are stupid. You are a grown up. Learn how to filter what is important and what is not. A rambling idiot behind his keyboard is not important.

 

Be well

Salt

 

  • Cool 9
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
260 posts
21,027 battles

Normally when i screw up (happends too often sadly) i just point out i'm a human being which makes mistakes and try to learn of them.
Furthermore just be friendly wish them a good day and move on :)

 

Don't let the game get to you, since it should be fun to play.

Can't behave myself sometimes also which is a bad thing, but if your having fun it will express itself in your gameplay normally is what i think.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,619 posts
6 minutes ago, Saltface said:

I rarely vote on poles, but this is not a pole.

 

Here are my two cents on the matter.

1st make you stats public and don't give a rats posterior if they are bad or not. Your stats are your stats. end of story. 

2nd leave the chat open and just ignore the stupid comments. There is a utility of the chat. There is no need to lose it because some people are stupid. You are a grown up. Learn how to filter what is important and what is not. A rambling idiot behind his keyboard is not important.

 

Be well

Salt

 

 

Normally, I can do that, but sometimes it seems I can't. Especially when it starts to happen every day, it used to be pretty rare.

 

6 minutes ago, GaCommanderGice said:

Normally when i screw up (happends too often sadly) i just point out i'm a human being which makes mistakes and try to learn of them.
Furthermore just be friendly wish them a good day and move on :)

 

Don't let the game get to you, since it should be fun to play.

Can't behave myself sometimes also which is a bad thing, but if your having fun it will express itself in your gameplay normally is what i think.

 

Part of the problem is when they manage to piss me off I fly off the handle. (If I enter the 'rage' mode I get a little less 'adult' too...)

 

BTW, I used to have public stats but... the 'compliments' were a little too frequent back then...

 

Actually, what finally tipped me over was the reports, not the loudmouth toxicity. I felt the two reports were totally unwarranted.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,092 posts
3,828 battles
26 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Okay, folks!

 

I've had it with the toxicity in the game which seems to be on the rise. I had some nasty remarks yesterday, and today I played two battles where I got some uncalled for remarks in both of them.

 

"Shut up noob we lost the 2nd zone because of you"

 

We didnt', and not because of me, even though I was in inner zone fighting off other DD's. Thought I was doing my job, apparently wasn't.

 

In the second game I capped and was fighting to defend it, running after a rogue enemy DD after that. I get responses like:

 

"Östergotland do your job we lost 2 ships because of you."

 

Yeah, responding to that I got torped so was out of it. Despite that I actually finished 2nd (I think) on the roster, we lost the battle, though because the team only managed to sink 3 ships.. while losing all 3 caps and 12 ships...

 

And I was reported for it, not once but twice...

 

The cup runneth over, as it were. So this is why I'm putting up a little poll here.

 

ah, forget all that and come over to Thailand, let's go play golf and visit some bars. I guarantee that after that you won't be bothered by "toxicity in WoT" anymore.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,770 posts
27 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

So this is why I'm putting up a little poll here.

Just disable it if you cant simply ignore the toxic c**p in the chat window...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
10,851 posts
7,471 battles
8 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

guess because my stats are poor, and that kind of comments undermine my confidence to even manage to do as well as I can.

Well even if they are - who gives a damn? A game should be about stress relieve, fun and such. I mean if course people like competing and showing how competitive they are but honestly I wouldn’t care what your stats are. They are fine as they are - good as bad. 
 

And if you are really bothered or discouraged by these idiots better switch it off in randoms.
 

Although I like some communication going during the matches but in the clusterfaq which randoms usually are it doesn’t really matter either. As long as you switch chat on in ranked and the likes it should be fair to switch it off for randoms 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATCH]
Players
351 posts
8,873 battles

Why do you care? Sometimes some backseat admiral - who is inevitably worse than me - gives some of his precious advice. I usually reply "I don't want you to enjoy a victory because of me. Play better next time"

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FMJ]
Players
179 posts

If you want to play Randoms never let some grumpy wotsit spoil it for you. Play the games you want to play.

 

There are always going to be miserable people in the world that throw insults around. Stay calm and work on ignoring it, the important thing is *you* know how well you did. The only good criticism is constructive criticism and if I see anything else in chat I just ignore it completely as its not worth my time. Insults and blame are just kids having temper-tantrums.

 

If things said in chat really get to you you can of course disable chat but I try and make use of it throughout a game with things like

"Hold on graf spee I'm bringing smoke"

""Cruiser, stay put I'll smoke you then spot the target"

"CV, warning DD spotted heading in your direction"

"Someone cap A, I'll head to Cap B"

etc

Words of encouragement are good too. Like thanking a player who blaps the enemy DD I ping.

 

Stay calm, chillout, ignore temper tantrum kiddies as unimportant. If you see me online (CapnGebs) I'll happily division up then you've got at least 1 friendly potato player on your team :)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
11 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Actually, what finally tipped me over was the reports, not the loudmouth toxicity. I felt the two reports were totally unwarranted. 

 

But even if you disable the chat, those people would still report you?

And btw, you get reports for anything, so it doesnt even matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team, Freibeuter
2,397 posts
7,151 battles

I usually don't recommend disabling the chat because it is a team game and is the only way to communicate with the team (and it even works from time to time ^^).

If you know that you are not good, maybe try to improve. There are lots of different ways to get better in the game, for example the help me discord.

 

However, if it really bothers you and just ignoring these comments does not work for you, disable the chat.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
Players
6,959 posts
10,053 battles
14 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Actually, what finally tipped me over was the reports, not the loudmouth toxicity. I felt the two reports were totally unwarranted.

Welcome to zero karma :Smile_trollface:

I sometimes reply to them, and make fun of them. No matter what stats they have.

I always hope it sends steamclouds out of their heads and other orifices. 

 

The thing is, some always want YOU to spot so THEY can look good.

Doesn't matter to them if that would be helpful to the team, or to you.
I've seen some that just farm farm farm. Those "great stats"come from one thing,

which is because somebody else was doing their bidding. Often their WR vs damage tells it all. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,770 posts
1 minute ago, BielayaSmert said:

Repeatedly targeted? L2P

Nope, that doesnt actually work in the "world of CV" you know...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NECRO]
Players
3,112 posts
Vor 6 Minuten, floribe2000 sagte:

is the only way to communicate with the team

Pretty much all I want to say to my "team" would lead to WG disabling the chat, so I can save them the trouble and preempt this.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×