You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
citaDELer

2 years posting, WG ingnoring

45 comments in this topic

[AGRES]
Players
196 posts
15,921 battles

CV near island  , no stearing possible 

- avoid torps, you hit forward.  WG logic decides for you allways this way: 

no, when we move forward, we may  beach, or scratch  ship near island, so we go backwards, to take all torps. thats better,

thats how we in WG using brain. 

_______0₩0

warning about be spotted in CV  is nor working!!

its a big bug.

for a few seconds you get warning on no islads area,then warning disapears (!!!) even when DD is nearing to you, then DD shows up near your CV ,without any spotwarning.

👏👏👏👏👏👏 WG..i salute you

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 4

Players
4,024 posts
21,135 battles
2 minutes ago, citaDELer said:

no, when we move forward, we may  beach, or scratch  ship near island, so we go backwards, to take all torps. thats better,

_______0₩0

its a big bug.

for a few seconds you get warning on no islads area,then warning disapears (!!!) even when DD is nearing to you, then DD shows up near your CV ,without any spotwarning.

👏👏👏👏👏👏 WG..i salute you

1. Dont sit near an island far away from your team. Problem solved.

2. If you can't keep track of DD's on the map in your carrier, you're the problem, not the warning system.

• Cool 11
  • Funny 1

[AGRES]
Players
196 posts
15,921 battles

when you hit, on BB forward, and you will go backward, will help you your advices????

this is technical problem and bug, 

nothing with skills

and when warning system doesnt work,,looking on minimap will not help you.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
31,114 posts
15,723 battles
6 minutes ago, citaDELer said:

_______0₩0

its a big bug.

👏👏👏👏👏👏 WG..i salute you

Do not point your ship at an island and press the W-key and expect to miss the island...

You get a warning when your ships is spotted, not when it is about to be spotted.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
4,024 posts
21,135 battles
4 minutes ago, citaDELer said:

when you hit, on BB forward, and you will go backward, will help you your advices????

nothing with skills

As far as I'm aware there is no bug where a ship goes backward when the player presses the forward key. Check your settings and keybindings? Are you using autopilot for that manouvre?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,953 posts
21,719 battles
15 minutes ago, citaDELer said:

Or you could either evacuate early before a DD gets into torp range since as a CV you have freedom of positioning anyway or manually steer yourself away from the island before flying out another strike.

15 minutes ago, citaDELer said:

its a big bug.

It is working and has been since always.

• Cool 2

[AGRES]
Players
196 posts
15,921 battles

well not possible manual stearing during flight.... thats another hyper bug,.. .. 

• Funny 3

Players
434 posts
6,857 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, citaDELer sagte:

well not possible manual stearing during flight.... thats another hyper bug,.. .. 

That Is not a bug, it's intended to be like this. 

Beta Tester
5,764 posts
22,578 battles
7 minutes ago, citaDELer said:

Using the W key to move forward while in ship mode works. A,S and D keys, too. Use those to let your bow show to where you want to go and then start planes.. adjust before starting the next squadron.. easy..

Beta Tester
5,448 posts
2,939 battles
41 minutes ago, citaDELer said:

I'm sorry, but what does that mean ? 

At first I thought it had to do with trying to go forward in a BB making you go backward (not sure how that'd happen). But then I had an illumination, put the text in google translate, changed it to slovak, and back to english.

"when you come across BB on the front, and you go backwards, will your advice help you ????"

And I have the weird felling this is closer to the originally intended question, even tho I'm still not getting it entirely...

[FMJ]
Players
181 posts

erm....is someone complaining about having to steer their own ship.....in a ship battle game?

Perhaps if all you want to control is aircraft and shoot ships then something like War Thunder would be better suited? I haven't played it but I think you can fly a plane against ships cant you?

[BBMM]
Players
6,995 posts
10,147 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Or you could either evacuate early before a DD gets into torp range since as a CV you have freedom of positioning anyway or manually steer yourself away from the island before flying out another strike.

What he (probably) means is, his team is so potato they let 3 red DDs go unmolested through the caps,

all this while the whole tem camps behind islands - and one of those gets him in the butt.

Yes you should keep track of DDs. Some of them though, they move down the 1-line... ah well... :Smile_hiding:

Even if you'd run away there is no saving these teams. Just farm harder... :Smile_trollface:

[CATS]
Players
31,114 posts
15,723 battles
Just now, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

Does OP mean that the collision avoidance system steers him into torpedoes? You can turn that off, OP.

He does not even know what he is writing about.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
4,390 posts
5,713 battles
1 hour ago, GaCommanderGice said:

Well reading a mini map after 13k battles is hard..?

That require skill as much as farming damage in that WC class :Smile_trollface:

Players
261 posts
21,114 battles
1 hour ago, citaDELer said:

Pressing F when you need to steer a cv will help man, just abort the current run to save yourself and mabye get out alive?

Players
522 posts
5,790 battles
1 hour ago, citaDELer said:

Just press alt + f4 to enable it :cap_viking:

• Cool 5

[FMJ]
Players
181 posts

I *think* the opening poster has several complaints (but I could easily be mistaken as I am having  a little trouble understanding them and I have never sailed an aircraft carrier)

1. When the ship is too close to an island the autopilot cant manoeuver.

(I would question how it got so close to an island in the first place)

2. When the OP is flying an aircraft and the carrier detects torpedoes, when the carrier is close to an island the carrier reverses rather than ramming the island which results in the carrier being hit by the torpedoes. I think the OP would rather his carrier autopilot did something else to avoid the torpedoes.

(perhaps the OP should steer their own ship rather when in danger rather than the AI?)

3. The carriers get some warning of an enemy nearby but it is only on display for a few seconds (is this correct? no other ship gets a "Danger Will Robinson" message). The next alert they receive is only when the destroyer becomes detected because it has appeared from around an island the carrier is hiding behind (the same detection warning that every other ship gets). I think the OP wants some constant message on screen telling them which enemy ships are nearby?

(Arguably the carrier has an advantage over every other ship already as they have their own spotting with planes. If you cant keep an eye on enemy ship locations with a combination of the mini-map and your plane spotting then perhaps it is your play style that is at fault?)

Perhaps there is a general misunderstanding here of how aircraft carriers are played. It feels like perhaps the poster would like the ship to have an intelligent AI that knows all enemy locations and reacts accordingly and to personally only be responsible for the aircraft?

• Cool 1

Players
851 posts
8,060 battles

As far as I know, us carrier folk get the same alert, "detected", as everyone else. There may be some flashing or horn initially, but I never pay attention :cap_book:

[WG]
WG Staff
6,814 posts
4,524 battles
Před 1 hodinou citaDELer řekl/a:

_______0₩0

its a big bug.

👏👏👏👏👏👏 WG..i salute you

Honestly, it is difficult to understand, what you are writing about.

But as other mentioned, there are no bugs of what you explained.

Warning about CV being spotted is working fine.

Those avoiding torps, I suppose you willingly parked your CV to the island and while trying to escape from nearby DD, it only goes backwards as it can't go deeper to the island?

How is your setting of collision aviodance set?

You can control your CV with WSAD, while not controling your squadron. While you are with squadron, you can use autopilot to navigate...

• Cool 1

[CATCH]
Players
360 posts
8,909 battles

This is indeed a post. I know it from experience.

• Funny 3

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,234 posts
9,993 battles
17 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Honestly, it is difficult to understand, what you are writing about.

But as other mentioned, there are no bugs of what you explained.

Warning about CV being spotted is working fine.

Those avoiding torps, I suppose you willingly parked your CV to the island and while trying to escape from nearby DD, it only goes backwards as it can't go deeper to the island?

How is your setting of collision aviodance set?

You can control your CV with WSAD, while not controling your squadron. While you are with squadron, you can use autopilot to navigate...

The Language Barrier is Strong in this one.

But I will Try.

2 hours ago, citaDELer said:

When the CV is close to an Island. The Autopilot doesnt work. It just refuses Commands or gets Stuck on the Island.

When you try to Avoid Torps even somewhat close to an Island or also if you Click too far too the Side because you want the Autopilot to do a Sharp Turn.  And sometimes even when you Click just Forward and its not Exactly in a Straight line forward of the CV which can be Hard to hit sometime.

The Autopilot will often decide to instead just Stop the Ship. Reverse 1km to then do a Long Turn to the Destination.

_______0₩0

Not closer defined whining

its a big bug.

There is 2 Different Warnings.

First being the Warning that the CV is Spotted. This Flashes up for a moment then stops Flashing and just becomes a small Warning Triangle on your lower Screen which is often Overlooked by Newer Players.

Second being the CV is under Attack Warning which is much more Penetrant and often the only Warning Newer Players will actually Notice.

This often causes a Problem as Players not Experienced in CV Gameplay will often not realize what the First Warning means.

The moving sign which moves around your lower Screen while Flying is often not good Distinguishable on being Aircraft, Ship or Island either.

👏👏👏👏👏👏 WG..i salute you

Ironic Salute to WG using Baby Chickens for whatever Reason. No Idea... lol

[WG]
WG Staff
6,814 posts
4,524 battles
Před 7 minutami Sunleader řekl/a:

The Language Barrier is Strong in this one.

To add more to that, OP is either from my country or from our "brother" country, so I should be able to understand him even when not using good English.

You know, using the same broken English, so basically speaking the same language, right? :cat_cool:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,133 posts
19,317 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, citaDELer sagte:

nothing with skills

Maybe switch off Collision Avoidance?