You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

Update 0.10.3, High School Fleet

25 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,196 posts
4,306 battles

New content dedicated to the next stage of partnership with High School Fleet was added into the game. 

Read more.

Details about this partnership with High School Fleet will be published at a later date.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 4

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,284 posts
Vor 9 Minuten, Tanatoy sagte:

New content dedicated to the next stage of partnership with High School Fleet was added into the game. 

picture links broken?

edit: now they are shown

Players
1,882 posts
9,489 battles
10 minuti fa, Tanatoy ha scritto:

Read more.

Details about this partnership with High School Fleet will be published at a later date.

any (your personal idea) idea of how will those camos/ships be available to get? i'm so hyped for that :D

(As of now)

[L123]
Players
106 posts
21,939 battles

Harekaze 1 solo ship on armory will be available?

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,137 posts
22,935 battles
8 minutes ago, Gorenor said:

Harekaze 1 solo ship on armory will be available?

Most likely. Last collab all HSF content could be bought.

Players
38 posts
7,760 battles

We already have a Tier VIII HSF Harekaze in game, with the option to mount different hulls/guns.  Curious to see how the new Tier VIII Harakaze 2 differs. 

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,200 posts
9,990 battles
4 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

Read more.

I Appreciate this. Guess I can Complete my Missing Captains.

Albeit its yet another Musashi Camo you are putting out when we cant actually get Musashi....

Its about Time you make Musashi Available again. :P

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles

Sorry but no, while the camos are nice Arashi/Harekaze 2 just does not interest me in the slightest.

She has, hands down, the worst DPM of the tier 8 DD's, even beating out poor old stock Z-23 in that regard, and doesn't have, at least not of her last iteration, the built in ifhe to try and make up for it.

[THESO]
4,200 posts
9,990 battles
26 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Sorry but no, while the camos are nice Arashi/Harekaze 2 just does not interest me in the slightest.

She has, hands down, the worst DPM of the tier 8 DD's, even beating out poor old stock Z-23 in that regard, and doesn't have, at least not of her last iteration, the built in ifhe to try and make up for it.

Hmm.

Unlike Harekaze it gets the Improved Kagero Torpedoes instead of the Stock ones.

But has way worse Guns in exchange.

So its basicly a Kagero with Hydro that cant take Reload Booster and has weaker Guns.

Its Meh I guess.

Its still basicly a Kagero and thus a Good Torpedo DD.

So its not like its a Bad Ship.

But it also doesnt offer anything Interesting to make it worth it to get it instead of just using Kagero because the Hydro is not really providing any Advantage if your dont have the Guns to actually do anything with it.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
Just now, Sunleader said:

But has way worse Guns in exchange.

That's what I keep saying. She has, at least last time I checked, the WORST DPM of any tier 8 dd.

Let that sink in for a few. She even gets beaten by such other notable DD's in that regard as the stock Z-23, the Harekaze with the 127mm singles, and indeed (by a fair ole amount of dpm at that) the Kagero herself.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
4,200 posts
9,990 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

That's what I keep saying. She has, at least last time I checked, the WORST DPM of any tier 8 dd.

Let that sink in for a few. She even gets beaten by such other notable DD's in that regard as the stock Z-23, the Harekaze with the 127mm singles, and indeed (by a fair ole amount of dpm at that) the Kagero herself.

Well. As I said. Its a Torpedo DD. So it doesnt matter too much. As its not Supposed to Engage in Gunplay against enemy DDs.

So its not really a Bad DD.

Its just that I dont see anything Special with it that would Justify having it instead of a Normal Kagero.

Guess its more of a Collectors Item for HSF Fans.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
1 minute ago, Sunleader said:

Well. As I said. Its a Torpedo DD. So it doesnt matter too much. As its not Supposed to Engage in Gunplay against enemy DDs.

And my counter point is that sometimes you HAVE to for one reason or another.

2 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

So its not really a Bad DD.

Wasn't saying she was, just saying she's not for me, and why she's not.

2 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Its just that I dont see anything Special with it that would Justify having it instead of a Normal Kagero.

Guess its more of a Collectors Item for HSF Fans.

Agreed 100%.

[R3B3L]
Players
1,414 posts
32,668 battles

This makes me curious:

"HSF Hiei, which is similar in parameters to Kongō in the top configuration"

What does that mean, is the same model with changed stats - or also an altered model?

Because irl Hiei had a differrent AA-suite then Kongo.

And I could fall for Hiei, it looks gorgeous with its (mostly) historical painting in light-gray :cap_money:

hiei.jpg.f6dbe1c0f0810bb51d902a1466e8930d.jpg

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
8 hours ago, VIadoCro said:

What does that mean, is the same model with changed stats - or also an altered model?

Sounds like the former to be honest.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,137 posts
22,935 battles
17 hours ago, BlueNautilus said:

We already have a Tier VIII HSF Harekaze in game, with the option to mount different hulls/guns.  Curious to see how the new Tier VIII Harakaze 2 differs. 

According to WOWSFT Harekaze 2/Arashi has German smoke, hydro, harder hitting torps. And 150mm guns.

That's plenty of difference to the original. It's not necessarily better though.

• Cool 2

[ALYEN]
Players
2,596 posts
4,358 battles

Musashi camo ? The ship cannot be obtained anymore so the target audience is limited ... I wonder who had the clever idea ...

Players
1,081 posts
On 4/1/2021 at 10:27 PM, lafeel said:

I'd beat it in my V-25 lmao

Maybe even Umikaze. Im saying this as a guy who played 5000 battles (in my NA account)

• Cool 2

Players
1,070 posts
15,102 battles

My only gripe is, as you can see, the school prefers a darker palette:

image.thumb.png.104975b09ace49837723a09ef70ef272.png

image.thumb.png.56ba3fc3e987751dd83a76dc49d7b345.png

image.thumb.png.4fd9cb39e5385df5e7914b0789021bde.png

• Cool 5

Players
1,845 posts
10,190 battles
On 4/1/2021 at 5:22 PM, Sunleader said:

I Appreciate this. Guess I can Complete my Missing Captains.

Albeit its yet another Musashi Camo you are putting out when we cant actually get Musashi....

Its about Time you make Musashi Available again. :P

You are not worthy of Musashi. Have a weeb ship instead like poipoi

• Funny 4

[R3B3L]
Players
1,414 posts
32,668 battles
On 4/2/2021 at 9:32 PM, DanSilverwing said:

My only gripe is, as you can see, the school prefers a darker palette:

So, HSF has dark colors? Didn´t know that. But I am considering the purchase of the HSF-camos and even the HSF Hiei because these are the closest color-patters to what the ships looked like in reality. The dark or greenish camos WG offers as perma-camo - no idea how they came up with that.

Irl warships were light-gray and WG gives us dark gray, some circus-pattern and black*.

HSF uses dark themes, WG gives bright.

I don´t understand this decision-making.

(* while ships which were black, like the V-25, don´t get their black camo)

[BHSFL]
Players
549 posts
14 hours ago, VIadoCro said:

Irl warships were light-gray and WG gives us dark gray, some circus-pattern and black*.

IJN didnt use much of camouflage until late in the war, thats why "in real life" those ships were grey but even the grey tone would depend on the shipyard that build the ship, they did camouflage the ships in green tones when they were in harbor and their carriers had their flight decks painted in disruptive patterns to throw off aim or to confuse (Zuiho deck was painted to look as a battleship).

HSF uses similar paint scheme of the JMSDF (besides the color stripes) with a darker grey.

[R3B3L]
Players
1,414 posts
32,668 battles
6 hours ago, WWDragon said:

"in real life" those ships were grey but even the grey tone would depend on the shipyard that build the ship

That explains the "variety" of gray that I saw on the pictures. Didn´t know it depended on the shipyard, other navies often had standardized tones like "Pattern xy".

6 hours ago, WWDragon said:

they did camouflage the ships in green tones when they were in harbor

In harbor? :cap_hmm: So the green has some validity, but still: WG sends us to battle in harbor-schemes :I (aka sends us into battle in pajamas :Smile_trollface:)

From all I have seen my conclusion is that this is how the ships looked like mostly

Spoiler

IJN Fuso in Kure Navy yard, 28 April 1933Another view of the Japanese cruiser Ashigara at the 1937 Spithead Coronation Fleet review.

[4_0_4]
Players
8,141 posts
14,609 battles

Well this news lead me to watch the HSF movie, so I guess it's a plus.