Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NikolayKuznetsov

Kagero help plz

112 comments in this topic

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Someone please explain this ship to me, I never complain about ships and try to make the best of it but this thing

-50% less DPM than an akizuki

-30% less HP than an akizuki

-Torps have 2km less range than an akizuki, both effectively get a rack of 8, both reload in 100 seconds
-500% less AA? 600% less? Something like that anyway.

All this for what - 5.5km concealment? Lightning gets that too and Lightning can, you know, kill stuff.

What am I supposed to do in this thing? What is it supposed to do against a radar ship, both your guns and torpedoes have less range than any radar in the game.

Is it like a spotter-bot? Sail around and look at stuff, hope your team kills stuff because you can't? Help me out here. Lately I get complimented when I play destroyers but in this thing people yell at me and I can't even blame them, I genuinely don't know what to do in it except "look at things" and run away when something wants to fight me.

• Cool 1

[-DGH-]
[-DGH-]
Players
423 posts
3,468 battles

It's actually 5,4 km concealment.

If you are good in torping things by reading your opponents mind Kagero is a good ships. 

You can use reload booster on the Kagero and unleash a wall of torpedoes, but you give up smoke.

The guns would be actually good without that abysmal slow traverse speed.

But I didn't like the Kagero too and sold it for the Aki 

[CATS]
Players
31,090 posts
15,723 battles
  • the torps have the same range
  • torpedo reload booster has a longer cooldown than the torps and has limited uses, therefore Kagero can throw more torps
  • Kagero is also faster and more nimble

• Cool 4

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,879 posts
6,468 battles
18 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • Kagero is also faster and more nimble

That's not really saying much seeing as the Aki is the slowest and least agile DD at tier 8.

Kagero is exceptionally nimble however, that much is true, if not as fast as some in a straight line (based of my playing the Harekaze and Asashio both of which are Kagero hulls)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,201 posts
12,848 battles
30 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Someone please explain this ship to me, I never complain about ships and try to make the best of it but this thing

-50% less DPM than an akizuki

-30% less HP than an akizuki

-Torps have 2km less range than an akizuki, both effectively get a rack of 8, both reload in 100 seconds
-500% less AA? 600% less? Something like that anyway.

All this for what - 5.5km concealment? Lightning gets that too and Lightning can, you know, kill stuff.

What am I supposed to do in this thing? What is it supposed to do against a radar ship, both your guns and torpedoes have less range than any radar in the game.

Is it like a spotter-bot? Sail around and look at stuff, hope your team kills stuff because you can't? Help me out here. Lately I get complimented when I play destroyers but in this thing people yell at me and I can't even blame them, I genuinely don't know what to do in it except "look at things" and run away when something wants to fight me.

Don't compare DPM with gunboats, HP on torpboats is usually also a bit lower. Your a stealthy ninja that blows crap up!! Kagero is not the strongest boat in the line but the next one, Yugumo is a Beast that can devastate enemy teams if played well. Always go for TRB instead of smokescreens. Only pantsies are afraid of CVs!

• Cool 4

[SPURD]
Players
869 posts
6,596 battles
36 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Is it like a spotter-bot? Sail around and look at stuff, hope your team kills stuff because you can't? 

Yep, basically. You gotta suck it up and play a "don't die" game while looking for opportunities. 

Also, spot enemy DD, watch them smoke in panic, then you send him a turing test.

• Cool 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

Gave up, it doesn't just feel bad, it's humiliating, I'm getting bullied by T6 CVs, getting bullied by T61, I'm terrified of every ship in its matchmaking spread, even T6. Going to FXP a ship for the first time. It's probably me, just kinda weird I've been playing really well for 9 months, grinded through ten lines, did well in everything and this thing I feel bullied and humiliated by every ship I face. The only ship I played in the last 9 months that felt bad was Donskoi but this thing is just humiliating. I can't beat T6 DDs or a half HP T8 even if I don't miss a single shot, they just don't care and spray me down.

[CATS]
Players
31,090 posts
15,723 battles
27 minutes ago, lafeel said:

That's not really saying much seeing as the Aki is the slowest and least agile DD at tier 8.

Kagero is exceptionally nimble however, that much is true, if not as fast as some in a straight line (based of my playing the Harekaze and Asashio both of which are Kagero hulls)

He wanted to know the differences. Compared to Akizuki the mobility difference is huge.

7 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

I can't beat T6 DDs or a half HP T8 even if I don't miss a single shot, they just don't care and spray me down.

That does not sound normal, as Kagero has decent guns.

Maybe we can help you when you upload a video.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

That does not sound normal, as Kagero has decent guns.

Maybe we can help you when you upload a video.

Pete I'm at 62% solo WR +- 2500 games since august of last year, I'm not asking how to play world of warships. I'm asking what the supposed strength of this particular boat is because I have never struggled in a boat like this. I don't know what to do in it. I can't gun down enemy destroyers for obvious reasons. All it has is 2X4 10km torps but everyone and their mom is running hydro as DefAA doesn't do anything. The max range of my guns is less than the minimum range of any radar in the game. I just don't see how, even in theory, this ship is supposed to compete with something like lightning or akizuki. It feels like an Akizuki that's missing 1/2 of its DPM, 1/3 of its HP, 1/4 of its gun range and 95% of its AA. I don't understand how I'm supposed to kill someone in this.

I can't shoot destroyers because it can't beat any other destroyer in a duel.
I can't gunboat cruisers for obvious reasons.
I can't torpedo cruisers because everyone and their mom has hydro or radar, usually both, the only people who clicked on DefAA in the last 2 years were drunk when they did it.
I could theoretically go "flanking pepega" to chase some battleship like so you see so many pepega shimas do at T10, but that only works if you somehow slip your way through the lines of destroyers and cruisers, both of which dumpster you, and the enemy carrier has to be very nice to let you do it and the battleships can't use their Q or E keys. If all of that works out perfectly in my favour, I can pretend I'm an akizuki without guns in the enemy spawn.

• Cool 1

Players
522 posts
5,790 battles
31 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Gave up, it doesn't just feel bad, it's humiliating, I'm getting bullied by T6 CVs, getting bullied by T61, I'm terrified of every ship in its matchmaking spread, even T6. Going to FXP a ship for the first time. It's probably me, just kinda weird I've been playing really well for 9 months, grinded through ten lines, did well in everything and this thing I feel bullied and humiliated by every ship I face. The only ship I played in the last 9 months that felt bad was Donskoi but this thing is just humiliating. I can't beat T6 DDs or a half HP T8 even if I don't miss a single shot, they just don't care and spray me down.

Gosh, i found the kagero a pleasure once the concealment is a minimum. Someone of your calibre???

TBH I found it's much more like the Shiratsuyu than the Aka before it in the tree

Shira was a revelation in letting go of smoke and staying stealth, Kagaro is much the same. 

10k torps are fine against lots of radars who are at 9 or 10 k range and RLB is much more useful than smoke since the guns.......................... are ....................slow though apparently i've taken out 12 ships with them in 79 battles. You have to be accurate with the shells though as they only get loaded every now and then and the turrets don't really turn.

(why can Japanese dd builders build torp launchers that turn really fast but not gun turrets? Gah!)

The DDs i struggle with is the ones where the Torp range is less than or close to the concealment. I find setting up a shot with those a bit of a struggle.

[CATS]
Players
31,090 posts
15,723 battles
2 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Pete I'm at 62% solo WR +- 2500 games since august of last year, I'm not asking how to play world of warships. I'm asking what the supposed strength of this particular boat is because I have never struggled in a boat like this. I don't know what to do in it. I can't gun down enemy destroyers for obvious reasons. All it has is 2X4 10km torps but everyone and their mom is running hydro as DefAA doesn't do anything. The max range of my guns is less than the minimum range of any radar in the game. I just don't see how, even in theory, this ship is supposed to compete with something like lightning or akizuki. It feels like an Akizuki that's missing 1/2 of its DPM, 1/3 of its HP, 1/4 of its gun range and 95% of its AA. I don't understand how I'm supposed to kill someone in this.

I can't shoot destroyers because it can't beat any other destroyer in a duel.
I can't gunboat cruisers for obvious reasons.
I can't torpedo cruisers because everyone and their mom has hydro or radar, usually both, the only people who clicked on DefAA in the last 2 years were drunk when they did it.
I could theoretically go "flanking pepega" to chase some battleship like so you see so many pepega shimas do at T10, but that only works if you somehow slip your way through the lines of destroyers and cruisers, both of which dumpster you, and the enemy carrier has to be very nice to let you do it and the battleships can't use their Q or E keys. If all of that works out perfectly in my favour, I can pretend I'm an akizuki without guns in the enemy spawn.

When you get outgunned by half life Tier VI DD, then yes, you might be missing something.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

When you get outgunned by half life Tier VI DD, then yes, you might be missing something.

Didn't say I get bullied by a half HP T6, I said I get bullied by a T61. I also get bullied by other T8s, stuff like lightning and akizuki is just laughing at me. I understand Kagero isn't supposed to 1v1 gunboat DDs, I'm not asking what it isn't good at, that's obvious. I want to know what it is good at, because all I'm seeing is 2X4 10km torps, akizuki has that too and on akizuki the torps are an after thought, if you took the torps off my akizuki I wouldn't even care, and that's the only tool kagero has. Anyway forget it, I'll just free xp it, or swap smoke for torpedo reload, stack signals for 25.000xp games and yolo stuff to get it over with.

[CATS]
Players
31,090 posts
15,723 battles
3 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Didn't say I get bullied by a half HP T6, I said I get bullied by a T61. I also get bullied by other T8s, stuff like lightning and akizuki is just laughing at me. I understand Kagero isn't supposed to 1v1 gunboat DDs, I'm not asking what it isn't good at, that's obvious. I want to know what it is good at, because all I'm seeing is 2X4 10km torps, akizuki has that too and on akizuki the torps are an after thought, if you took the torps off my akizuki I wouldn't even care, and that's the only tool kagero has. Anyway forget it, I'll just free xp it, or swap smoke for torpedo reload, stack signals for 25.000xp games and yolo stuff to get it over with.

I did not say you did. But you wrote that you cannot beat Tier VI DD and most of them are weaker than Kagero in a gun fight. T-61 has lower HE DPM and less HP than  Kagero.

• Cool 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,879 posts
6,468 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I did not say you did. But you wrote that you cannot beat Tier VI DD and most of them are weaker than Kagero in a gun fight. T-61 has lower HE DPM and less HP than  Kagero.

Worse stealth too unless I am badly mistaken..

[SPURD]
Players
869 posts
6,596 battles
21 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Never hesitate to fxp over a ship you hate. 

I feel like Kagero is sort of like what if Kidd had more torps but gave up everything 'cept stealth that makes it good for those torpedoes.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
4 minutes ago, bobtherterrible said:

Nikolay, you seemed to do OK in the Shiratsuyu so do some of that in the kagero :fish_book:

That's the thing, I can't tell the difference between a Shiratsuyu and this thing, both just have 2X4 10km torps and that's pretty much it. But Shiratsuyu is a T7 and doesn't have to deal with Darings and T10 CVs bullying you. Anyway, I have to stop playing this thing, I hate it and I'm going to waste 300 camos on it getting 250 base XP games trying to get to yugumo and drag my winrate through the gutter if I play it anymore.

I do not understand how this ship is a T8, I would unironically rather be in my T61 even in a T10 game, you can hydro push something, same dpm, same hp, it doesn't have battleship turret traverse. Nothing about Kagero says T8 ship, it's like a handicapped akizuki without guns.

Players
2,754 posts
15,320 battles
27 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

all I'm seeing is 2X4 10km torps, akizuki has that too

No, aki hasn't it. She has 1x4 = TRB that you should have too not useless smoke.

Aki is OP a bit and gunboat -Kagero is ninja but Kagero with smoke is a turd, you need to play with TRB.

For other DDs to bully you they need to see you - you have spot advantage so it shouldn't be the case untill some mistakes/bad luck.

Guns do hit hard  - shoot only once before breaking visual contact, do not go into prolonged fights.

You nned to get your team to support you vs DDs - F3 them all the time when you will spot them, then steal the kill in a last second :cap_haloween:

You have low gun bloom so you will go dark immediately.

The only really bad situation is with good CV on the other side, but then all T8 DDs suffer from fun police.

Learn to play very good with TRB then Yugumo will be a blast and a keeper, IMHO she's better then Shima and has nice T9 no CV MM.

Players
522 posts
5,790 battles

yep i guess. Does depend a bit on the luck of the draw if you're top tier and so on.

My first battle in the Bismark the other day, no captain skills, no upgrades, nothing, I got a T10-8 match and a horrible spawn on atlantic or whichever one it is where A is death. That followed by two more bottom tier matches on Ice islands.

Not a good start, hoping it'll get better.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
9 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Never hesitate to fxp over a ship you hate.

I know, I'm just salty, I've made every ship work for me since last summer, especially DDs and this one ruined my entire day. I spent all day trying to beat one other ship and I just got bullied all day. I went up 10 lines since last summer, I enjoyed every ship except Donskoi, but this thing I hate so much and I feel like shlt after getting bullied all day.

Players
2,754 posts
15,320 battles

You've played only 10 games, had probably bad luck with teams, try maybe to play her only in a division for support against the other DDs?

• Cool 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
4 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

you need to play with TRB.

I considered that, but with TRB instead of smoke it's all or nothing.
No CV = Better chance of a decent game
CV = You spawn dead
, might as well drive into the cap circle and wait to die

Players
2,754 posts
15,320 battles
2 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

CV = You spawn dead, might as well drive into the cap circle and wait to die

Not true, most will go after Dds in the beginning, later they will focus on farming, besides there are usually 3-4 DDs so you have 25-33% of a chance to become victimised in a first minutes:cap_haloween:

Plus average Cv skill is...

Players
522 posts
5,790 battles

you do have the air spotting circle on on the minimap don't you? Since firing that up on all my DDs CVs are only a pain for maybe 1 in 5 games or less. 

If you had 10 games and even half of those were ruined by the fun police then the problem probably is the fun police.