Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
leonport

Are we actually getting deadeye rework?

54 comments in this topic

[OHRIP]
Players
1,196 posts
9,899 battles

Can you use this thread please:

Same topic and much bigger. Thank you!

• Boring 1

[4_0_4]
Players
8,229 posts
14,628 battles
6 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

We mentioned, that we are planning to make changes to Dead-eye and shortly we will also announce those changes in advance.

AFAIK we haven't said, that we will publish those in 3-4 weeks, this expectation was done by flamu, in his tweet, but it was nothing set in stone.

So far, no further information about this published yet, but I can assure you, we are working on this.

Take your time. As long as that skill is in the game, I don't even consider starting this game.

Nothing but a waste of time atm.

Players
945 posts
8,547 battles
16 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

I'm not sure what the massive fuss is over deadeye. Yes, it's a dumb skill that rewards the wrong behaviour, but I haven't seen it making BB players play any more passively than they have done in the past.

The only ships where it shouldn't be allowed are ridiculously accurate ships like Thunderer and Slava.

I disagree. If I see one more Bismarck or Großer Kurfürst or... a bleeping Freddie (!!) sitting in the back sniping, I'm going to lose it.

Also, Deadeye has made ships that are supposed to be less accurate in order to balance out their (game breaking, ridiculously overpowered) strengths just... overpowered. Conqueror comes to mind, Roma also, maybe Fuso. Not to mention, again, all the German battleships that suddenly discovered the joys of J-line sniping.

It's a shipshow.

• Cool 1

Players
4,117 posts
20,250 battles
18 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

We mentioned, that we are planning to make changes to Dead-eye and shortly we will also announce those changes in advance.

AFAIK we haven't said, that we will publish those in 3-4 weeks, this expectation was done by flamu, in his tweet, but it was nothing set in stone.

So far, no further information about this published yet, but I can assure you, we are working on this.

why would you overcomplicate it... all you gotta do is:

-just give people free respec

-delete that skill.

thats it. 

• Cool 1

Players
4,117 posts
20,250 battles
12 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Hmmm... what will happen first? Dead Eye change, Sky Aiming bug removal or end of the pandemic? :Smile_sceptic:

im sure its gonna be introducing a new tier 10 premium CV

[URUC]
Players
412 posts
18 ore fa, YabbaCoe ha scritto:

It's simple to say "we are doing" when you don't give any info. 

At least: before or after Black Friday 2021?

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,473 posts
16,557 battles
54 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

why would you overcomplicate it... all you gotta do is:

-just give people free respec

-delete that skill.

thats it. 

Simple effective solutions of this kinde of problemes is not the way WG thinks. We will get other blanaced skill for bbs like "immunity to dmg if you are targeted by 3 or more ships" or something like that. 

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,142 posts
4,562 battles

I would like to appologize for my statement, which I've done earlier in this thread. It is the similar reply, as I did in the bigger thread for Dead-eye, but I prefer to also mention it here, in the thread, where I actually replied that.

True is, that the expectation was made from the stream, were devs mentioned, they will try to arrive in 3-4 weeks with further information about changes to dead-eye. Apart from that it wasn't officially announced anywhere, that exactly in 3-4 weeks there will be that information for sure. You will get that info, but unfortunately not as soon as you expected.

I was reacting also to that tweet, that I saw plenty times mentioned here as a proof of that "deadline" set. I didn't know where flamu take that 3-4 weeks expectation, so I wrongly assumed, it was simply his own expectation.

I didn't want to offend anyone with that reply. I just wanted to point to the fact, that those 3-4 weeks were not officially confirmed as an expectation of arrival of those information.

So once again, I am sorry about that.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 4

[BOATY]
Players
1,163 posts
15,923 battles
22 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

giphy.gif

• Funny 3

[CHEFT]
Players
456 posts
5,374 battles
5 hours ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

I disagree. If I see one more Bismarck or Großer Kurfürst or... a bleeping Freddie (!!) sitting in the back sniping, I'm going to lose it.

Also, Deadeye has made ships that are supposed to be less accurate in order to balance out their (game breaking, ridiculously overpowered) strengths just... overpowered. Conqueror comes to mind, Roma also, maybe Fuso. Not to mention, again, all the German battleships that suddenly discovered the joys of J-line sniping.

It's a shipshow.

The thing is though is that sniping battleships don't matter - BBs don't determine the outcome of battles, it's generally DD players that do.

I've had a few games recently where my BB players have ruined the match by camping and sniping, but no worse than usual. Still preferable to CV games.

I haven't tested Conqueror post rework, or Fuso. Fuso was strong pre-rework, so you're probably right. All I know is that I've tested it on Thunderer and the results were disgusting. It's an unbalanced skill, but it's not game changing. People just think it is, so it's caused the current meta by people playing different based on what they believe to be true, not based on the facts.

• Cool 1

Players
1,167 posts
5,793 battles
5 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

It's an unbalanced skill, but it's not game changing. People just think it is, so it's caused the current meta by people playing different based on what they believe to be true, not based on the facts.

I take it you haven't played Cruiser much. It is freaking hilarious when your Stalingrad can get face ra*ed from 22km away since the thinner parts of the armor can get targeted. Don't even get me started on Salem. 

And yes, dds win games, but it is much harder to win against a supported dd. And this is why bb damage exchange from across the map isn't helping. 

• Cool 1

[-DGH-]
[-DGH-]
Players
524 posts
3,591 battles
Vor 41 Minuten, Drasnighta sagte:

The thing is though is that sniping battleships don't matter - BBs don't determine the outcome of battles, it's generally DD players that do.

To a certain point, yes. But you can't carry as DD if the enemy DDs are of equal skill and have support while your BBs hiding behind Islands.

In addition, I had some games recently, where I really thought about if there is any sense in spotting or capping. Because 2/3 of my team mates could not even break half of the average damage than me in my Jutland (and I usually don't focus on farming damage in matches).

Players
945 posts
8,547 battles
2 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

I've had a few games recently where my BB players have ruined the match by camping and sniping, but no worse than usual. Still preferable to CV games.

I haven't tested Conqueror post rework, or Fuso. Fuso was strong pre-rework, so you're probably right. All I know is that I've tested it on Thunderer and the results were disgusting. It's an unbalanced skill, but it's not game changing. People just think it is, so it's caused the current meta by people playing different based on what they believe to be true, not based on the facts.

You're not wrong, I think, except for the effect the rework has had on cruisers. It's much harder now to "just dodge" accurate, fast shells from the likes of Yamato (LM+DE), Thunderer but also other suddenly-accurate battleships. That is what I lament, the lost cruisers.

[MORIA]
Players
220 posts
8,108 battles
5 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

I would like to appologize for my statement, which I've done earlier in this thread. It is the similar reply, as I did in the bigger thread for Dead-eye, but I prefer to also mention it here, in the thread, where I actually replied that.

True is, that the expectation was made from the stream, were devs mentioned, they will try to arrive in 3-4 weeks with further information about changes to dead-eye. Apart from that it wasn't officially announced anywhere, that exactly in 3-4 weeks there will be that information for sure. You will get that info, but unfortunately not as soon as you expected.

I was reacting also to that tweet, that I saw plenty times mentioned here as a proof of that "deadline" set. I didn't know where flamu take that 3-4 weeks expectation, so I wrongly assumed, it was simply his own expectation.

I didn't want to offend anyone with that reply. I just wanted to point to the fact, that those 3-4 weeks were not officially confirmed as an expectation of arrival of those information.

So once again, I am sorry about that.

I appreciate your comment, but why you didn't say anything when the first thread say about DE is gonna get change in 3-4 weeks and deny that on the last moment ?

• Cool 1

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,473 posts
16,557 battles
24 minutes ago, leonport said:

1954861733_MONKEGOBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.thumb.png.9c6c30b727061caabb2a9d85c5786f2e.png

kong lol.png

it is Prima Aprilis, i think they just joking. 

• Funny 1

Players
2,847 posts
15,692 battles
56 minutes ago, Tanaka_15 said:

it is Prima Aprilis, i think they just joking. 

It's WG, if they would see enough money in it sure as :etc_swear: that they would bring it on. Probably only licensing fees are stoping them from turning this joke into reality "based on overwhelming players feedback and demand according to our spreadsheet" :cap_haloween:.

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,912 battles
On 3/30/2021 at 1:47 PM, YabbaCoe said:

this expectation was done by flamu, in his tweet, but it was nothing set in stone.

Flamu didnt invent this from thin air, he was repeating what someone on a russian stream claimed. Interesting how you blame Flamu straight away.

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
3,575 posts

Assuming this is not a joke (read as "not meant to be a joke", because to me it looks like one anyway)... is this becoming a habit? Events giving Amagi permacamos? Maybe some more for the Amagi clones?

Btw, what do the Ape and the Dino have to do with ships or at least any kind of machines? :Smile_unsure: Next "Smurfs vs. Flintstones"?

[REIGN]
Beta Tester
84 posts
19,980 battles
28 minutes ago, JohnMac79 said:

Flamu didnt invent this from thin air, he was repeating what someone on a russian stream claimed. Interesting how you blame Flamu straight away.

He appologized for his mistake about 1 day before you replied...

• Funny 1

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,912 battles
1 hour ago, Chocan said:

He appologized for his mistake about 1 day before you replied...

Yeah i didnt see it before i posted, my mistake.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,072 posts
On 3/31/2021 at 6:21 AM, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

It's a shipshow.

You are so full of crap matey. Fuso will never be able to benefit from use of Deadeye as her concealment gives her a much too small a 'window' to use it, maybe if you played some of these ships you 'talk' about you may actually notice some stuff. I mean WG are far from perfect but making crap up like this is just pointless and smacks of being a fecking child... now grow the feck up!

• Funny 2

Players
945 posts
8,547 battles
16 hours ago, cherry2blost said:

You are so full of crap matey. Fuso will never be able to benefit from use of Deadeye as her concealment gives her a much too small a 'window' to use it, maybe if you played some of these ships you 'talk' about you may actually notice some stuff. I mean WG are far from perfect but making crap up like this is just pointless and smacks of being a fecking child... now grow the feck up!

So much win! You sure told me! I'm wrong about Fuso. Am I also wrong about Bismarck? About Roma? 

Cool story, fanboi.

Sign in to follow this