Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
leonport

Are we actually getting deadeye rework?

54 comments in this topic

[TEPES]
Players
283 posts
5,141 battles

So i just checked when did the devs stated the "deadeye will be reworked, details will be released in 3-4 weeks" and its been already 4 weeks and 1 day passed and we still have litearly 0 information about the deadeye rework and im not even talking about other skills.

Im starting to think deadeye rework is just a fiction that wg created just to chill the pissed up playerbase who hate it, and wg doesn't actually want to rework any commander skills.

Do you remember when was patch 0.10.0 was released?its been 9 weeks and wg still did jack[edited] to balance the weak/strong skills or buff flint HOW MUCH MORE DATA THEY NEED?

And remember wg designed these skills months before we got the first information about the commander rework in devblog, you got to give the balancing department a thumbs up for not fixing a borderline broken skill for half a year or more time despite feedback from ccs,supertesters and general playerbase.

• Cool 15

[CATS]
Players
31,810 posts
15,918 battles

Do not be so literal. When they are ready, they will tell us.

• Funny 6
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,447 posts
27,296 battles
15 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Do not be so literal. When they are ready, they will tell us.

....classic german meme....

6th army: "we need backup, now!"

wehrmacht high command: "sure, hold out for just 2 more weeks"

.... 2 weeks later....

6th army: "we need backup, NOW!!11!11!!!!"

high command: "sure, hold out for just 2 more weeks"

u realize that ur answer implicates the possibility of them never "being ready"? just sayin lol...

*memo to me: don't post same meme twice on 2 days on 2 different platforms.... danger for neurosis imminent :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 5

[CATS]
Players
31,810 posts
15,918 battles
2 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

u realize that ur answer implicates the possibility of them never "being ready"? just sayin lol...

The possibility always exist. A hackergroup could encrypt all Lestas data today and close down the game for good or a giant meteor could wipe out all human life in eastern europe next week.

• Cool 1

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,912 battles
15 minutes ago, leonport said:

despite feedback from ccs,supertesters and general playerbase.

If only they cared about feedback. Mighthy spreadsheets have not yielded enough 'feedback' yet, or they want to release italian BB first.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,447 posts
27,296 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The possibility always exist. A hackergroup could encrypt all Lestas data today and close down the game for good or a giant meteor could wipe out all human life in eastern europe next week.

well.... i sense that's all quite more unlikely by experience than them messing it up again, or simply shift the mess-up.... or just leaving it as it is lol.... but i'm sure someone can do the math on that ^^ :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
31,810 posts
15,918 battles
3 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

well.... i sense that's all quite more unlikely by experience than them messing it up again, or simply shift the mess-up.... or just leaving it as it is lol.... but i'm sure someone can do the math on that ^^ :Smile_veryhappy:

Even if they announced the solution today, messing up would still be an option. They could find the perfect solution for the benefit of the playerbase and still mess up the implementation.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CHEFT]
Players
457 posts
5,379 battles

I'm not sure what the massive fuss is over deadeye. Yes, it's a dumb skill that rewards the wrong behaviour, but I haven't seen it making BB players play any more passively than they have done in the past.

The only ships where it shouldn't be allowed are ridiculously accurate ships like Thunderer and Slava.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
1,651 posts
19,034 battles
7 minutes ago, JohnMac79 said:

If only they cared about feedback. Mighthy spreadsheets have not yielded enough 'feedback' yet, or they want to release italian BB first.

So they try to fix DeadEye by using the same methods that made them introduce Dead-Eye?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U_FBHKYqRk

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,447 posts
27,296 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Even if they announced the solution today, messing up would still be an option. They could find the perfect solution for the benefit of the playerbase and still mess up the implementation.

somehow indeed, given former progressions including initial setting, expectation by them and outcome, i'm kinda curious on the mathematical likeliness on that.... but i for sure got better things to do lol....

@YabbaCoe, u can shed some light on the progression regarding dead-eye rework?

Players
3,493 posts
17,237 battles
22 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

That's what I love about you, Colonel - the "eternal optimist"!

image.thumb.png.545c707b21ddcabb885db91f4d51d2bf.png

• Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
31,810 posts
15,918 battles
Just now, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

That's what I love about you, Colonel - the "eternal optimist"!

image.thumb.png.545c707b21ddcabb885db91f4d51d2bf.png

What was optimistic about that?

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,262 posts
10,690 battles
41 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Do not be so literal.

Oh damn...I got to put this one on a T-shirt

• Funny 5

[CATS]
Players
31,810 posts
15,918 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

People quote the strangest things, when answering. You cannot be sure if they are making a mistake.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,204 posts
4,567 battles
Před 48 minutami leonport řekl/a:

So i just checked when did the devs stated the "deadeye will be reworked, details will be released in 3-4 weeks" and its been already 4 weeks and 1 day passed and we still have litearly 0 information about the deadeye rework and im not even talking about other skills.

Im starting to think deadeye rework is just a fiction that wg created just to chill the pissed up playerbase who hate it, and wg doesn't actually want to rework any commander skills.

Do you remember when was patch 0.10.0 was released?its been 9 weeks and wg still did jack[edited] to balance the weak/strong skills or buff flint HOW MUCH MORE DATA THEY NEED?

And remember wg designed these skills months before we got the first information about the commander rework in devblog, you got to give the balancing department a thumbs up for not fixing a borderline broken skill for half a year or more time despite feedback from ccs,supertesters and general playerbase.

We mentioned, that we are planning to make changes to Dead-eye and shortly we will also announce those changes in advance.

AFAIK we haven't said, that we will publish those in 3-4 weeks, this expectation was done by flamu, in his tweet, but it was nothing set in stone.

So far, no further information about this published yet, but I can assure you, we are working on this.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 8

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,488 posts
16,566 battles
Just now, YabbaCoe said:

So far, no further information about this published yet, but I can assure you, we are working on this.

Like on balancing CVs or like on fixing dds geting full pens some time ago?:D 

• Cool 4

[TACHA]
Players
1,176 posts

Presumably it's difficult to come up with an alternative especially when they don't listen to player feedback/suggestions.

Also, hard to test new versions because the PTS isn't fit for purpose and hopefully they know better by now than to just dump it in live.

It's no easy task to balance an online game that has so many different options available after all when you do it by spreadsheet.

• Cool 1

Players
1,121 posts
3,828 battles
1 hour ago, leonport said:

you don't actually expect them to fix it, do you?

WG seems to have been chain-messing things up, trying to fix an imbalance by introducing other imbalances. i.e. something too strong? make the other things stronger to balance it out.

as I see things, dead eye is an indirect rebalance of BB vs other classes.

so... after they made CV ridiculous, and after they made BB ridiculous, I expect the fix will come from giving some ridiculous perk to cruisers.

• Cool 1

[CATCH]
Players
377 posts
9,467 battles

Deadeye is gonna be changed in the next patch. The accuracy bonus will change to 20%, except for thunderers shooting HE from the border - they get 30%.

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
5,049 posts
4 minutes ago, Cippalippus said:

Deadeye is gonna be changed in the next patch. The accuracy bonus will change to 20%, except for thunderers shooting HE from the border - they get 30%.

Lets be more realistic. 10% is gonna change to 7%.

• Cool 1

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,384 posts
23,343 battles

Be more realistic:

10% buff on dispersion stays as it is. -10% survivability of secondary mounts.

There, it's balanced now.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 12

[MORIA]
Players
220 posts
8,108 battles
3 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

We mentioned, that we are planning to make changes to Dead-eye and shortly we will also announce those changes in advance.

AFAIK we haven't said, that we will publish those in 3-4 weeks, this expectation was done by flamu, in his tweet, but it was nothing set in stone.

So it means maybe next month or maybe next year right ? :cap_wander:

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,216 posts
3,948 battles
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Do not be so literal.

OMG so may come backs,

but these two instantly spring to mind,

Pot calling kettle black and People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

3 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

I don't mind waiting, better for the devs to take their time and get it right this time. A hurried rework/replacement would just make a bad situation worse, and cause more loss of faith.

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this