Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

33 comments in this topic

Players
112 posts
3,543 battles

dds in a cv MM : yolo the cap o circle the whole map to snipe it

dds in a MM with no cv : yolo the cap o circe the map ti snipe bbs

from my experience (and insults i get) dds just dont want to change tactics or way to play. they want the same thing.  and keep yellling about cv not needed any skill to be used. 

probably its only me. but i need some effort to play cvs. i need to think things like this :

1) how many planes will be shot down, is it better to pre drop in this case or not

2)are there ships i dont see now near my target?

3)considering the speed of my planes and the speed of the target, where will he be when i get there? will he be too near another ship? or an island? 

4)which flak will moslty need my help?

5) where the [edited]is that halland

6) where the [edited]is that smaland

7) are there any smoked ships that can cause me trouble ?

8) how is the AA in this MM?

9) am i downtier this time as well?

10) should i sue bombs or torpedoes on this ship? (germans,UK,italians,american premiums) so far a easier ti kill with bombs then torps (AP bombs). (french,american,papermade ships) better to use torpedoes.

and a lot more.

people keep shittalking about cvs. but they DO require some skill to operate. i just love so much the IRL carriers of ww2. especially the IJN ones.  the defeat of the akagi.......the counteraatck of the hiryu..........the last stand to defend japan and create an opening for the yamato of the zuikaku........ the loss of the taiho and the shinano.....and much more about the light carriers like the unryu the ryuho the junyo the zuiho and the shouhou.

people just throw crap on cv players. but we just like aircraft carriers. if spot mechanics work like that. its not our fault

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 5

[LEEUW]
Players
3,160 posts
10,750 battles

Okay, am I missing the point of this touching story or...? 

• Funny 5

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,736 posts
11,834 battles

DDs are baaaaaaaad, mkay?

Mkay.

shot-21-03-28-15-18-36-0682-LI.jpg

Players
703 posts
28,488 battles

People blaming the CV. Nothing new to me. I have seen this since the Day I started playing this Game and I have been playing for a long Time now.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

Look at your own stats and see what you have to think of when playing CV compared to other classes :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

Players
242 posts
12,328 battles
22 minutes ago, marcopieroni16 said:

they DO require some skill to operate

Check my CV stats. I'm not great in them but not terrible. I'm also not an anti CV hater.

Wanna know a sad fact. I only play CV's one handed (sometimes with my elbow as i hold food) when i'm eating or playing with my dogs and can't pay attention.

They require no skill to operate. They require some in game knowledge on AA and 1 functioning arm with just 2 fingers and a thumb attached to be a +50% player.

I would agree they take strategy and in game knowledge to master, but not skill.

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
34 minutes ago, marcopieroni16 said:

people keep shittalking about cvs. but they DO require some skill to operate.

Not untrue, the class does require a pulse and a semi-functional prefrontal cortex.

• Funny 1

Players
112 posts
3,543 battles
13 minuti fa, DFens_666 ha scritto:

Look at your own stats and see what you have to think of when playing CV compared to other classes :cap_fainting:

i dont like other classes as much as i like carriers. it should be obvious. the gameplay is not hard to understand. a cv have to worry much more things then a bb

• Funny 6

Players
112 posts
3,543 battles
26 minuti fa, GarrusBrutus ha scritto:

Okay, am I missing the point of this touching story or...? 

people saying that cv requires no skill to be used. while for me it does

and they should stop listening to 12 yo kids doing random memes

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Players
112 posts
3,543 battles
13 minuti fa, But_Can_You_Meme ha scritto:

Check my CV stats. I'm not great in them but not terrible. I'm also not an anti CV hater.

Wanna know a sad fact. I only play CV's one handed (sometimes with my elbow as i hold food) when i'm eating or playing with my dogs and can't pay attention.

They require no skill to operate. They require some in game knowledge on AA and 1 functioning arm with just 2 fingers and a thumb attached to be a +50% player.

I would agree they take strategy and in game knowledge to master, but not skill.

i can play dd sitting smoke and press the mouse to launch torps too. i can sit in my battleship and shoot at 20 km too.

please dont be so childisdh

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[LEEUW]
Players
3,160 posts
10,750 battles
5 minutes ago, marcopieroni16 said:

people saying that cv requires no skill to be used. while for me it does. 

No skill? That's wrong. Cvs require far less skill to be somewhat successful in compared to surface ships. That's right. 

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles
6 minutes ago, marcopieroni16 said:

i can play dd sitting smoke and press the mouse to launch torps too. i can sit in my battleship and shoot at 20 km too.

Certainly explains your performance in those classes.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,204 posts
52 minutes ago, marcopieroni16 said:

dds in a cv MM : yolo the cap o circle the whole map to snipe it

dds in a MM with no cv : yolo the cap o circe the map ti snipe bbs

from my experience (and insults i get) dds just dont want to change tactics or way to play. they want the same thing.  and keep yellling about cv not needed any skill to be used. 

probably its only me. but i need some effort to play cvs. i need to think things like this :

1) how many planes will be shot down, is it better to pre drop in this case or not

2)are there ships i dont see now near my target?

3)considering the speed of my planes and the speed of the target, where will he be when i get there? will he be too near another ship? or an island? 

4)which flak will moslty need my help?

5) where the [edited]is that halland

6) where the [edited]is that smaland

7) are there any smoked ships that can cause me trouble ?

8) how is the AA in this MM?

9) am i downtier this time as well?

10) should i sue bombs or torpedoes on this ship? (germans,UK,italians,american premiums) so far a easier ti kill with bombs then torps (AP bombs). (french,american,papermade ships) better to use torpedoes.

and a lot more.

people keep shittalking about cvs. but they DO require some skill to operate. i just love so much the IRL carriers of ww2. especially the IJN ones.  the defeat of the akagi.......the counteraatck of the hiryu..........the last stand to defend japan and create an opening for the yamato of the zuikaku........ the loss of the taiho and the shinano.....and much more about the light carriers like the unryu the ryuho the junyo the zuiho and the shouhou.

people just throw crap on cv players. but we just like aircraft carriers. if spot mechanics work like that. its not our fault

tl:dr

if u cant play cv's, then don play ffs

• Cool 1

[FMJ]
Players
180 posts

I'm afraid I dont really feel the pain of the opening poster. especially when most of the items in the list you raise equate to "do I need to worry about my planes being shot at" and given the way CVs are currently floating aircraft factories its not a terrible concern when compared with all of the worries of the DD

will a CVs planes spot me, I immediately get focused by multiple enemy ships and die

will a CVs fighter squadron spot me, I immediately get focused by multiple enemy ships and die

will a CVs planes kill me in 2 strikes whilst the carrier is at the other end of the map

will a radar spot me, I immediately get focused by multiple enemy ships and die

will a hydro detect me, I immediately get focused by multiple enemy ships and die

and specifically relating to the initial points I would suggest the variants are :

2)are there ships i dont see now near my target me?

3)considering the speed of my planes me and the speed of the target enemy DD, where will he be when i get there to a cap or another target? will he be too near another ship me so I'm detected and blapped or an island

4)which flak cap/cruiser/BB will moslty need my help/spotting/smoking/target torping?

5) where the [edited]is that halland any enemy DD

6) where the [edited]is that smaland any enemy DD

7) are there any smoked ships that can cause me trouble kill me?

8) how is the AA radar/hydro/cv spotting in this MM?

9) am i downtier this time as well? same

10) should i sue bombs or torpedoes on this ship? (germans,UK,italians,american premiums) so far a easier ti kill with bombs then torps (AP bombs). (french,american,papermade ships) better to use torpedoes. The pain of having so many weapons to choose from? 

As for DDs trying to cap. A lot of abuse is aimed at any DD who does not cap. A lot of games get decided on cap points and not many other ships are willing to push into the caps.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
29 minutes ago, marcopieroni16 said:

There is a distinct difference here:

- If i go there, will i die and lose my ship, thus ending the game for me?

- If i fly here, will i lose some planes, which doesnt effect my playing at all? Only after doing that SEVERAL times in a row.

Not to mention, trading planes for a ship is such a favourable trade, there is no use in comparing that to risking a ship.

• Cool 3

[LUZ1]
Players
1,413 posts
14,554 battles

Does it require a brain to play CV?

Good question!!

Let me share some observations:

- CV sit in spawn and is killed there without moving 1 meter 

- CV move forward and sit at same spot. Flank collapses, CV is killed without moving again 

- DD is spamming torps, team asks CV to spot DD. CV continues trying to farm high HP BB 

- enemy BB is low HP, team spams F3. CV continues farming other ships 

So, yes OP, I fully agree with you, operating a CV does require a brain. However, it's just a tiny brain cause if you avoid all the above mistakes, you are guaranteed to live to the end of the game with very little effort :cap_like:

Just compare this with playing DD or cruiser and just doing your job. It requires your full attention all of the time or you will be blapped :cap_rambo:

Spot the difference :cap_cool:

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
31,090 posts
15,723 battles
1 hour ago, marcopieroni16 said:

people just throw crap on cv players. but we just like aircraft carriers.

When you meet too many CV players like a Lexington player, who claims that he has no weapons to attack DD and then goes afk and ends with less than 300 Base XP and causes your team to lose, then this should not be surprising.

But see yourself:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles
7 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

So, yes OP, I fully agree with you, operating a CV does require a brain. However, it's just a tiny brain cause if you avoid all the above mistakes, you are guaranteed to live to the end of the game with very little effort :cap_like:

Let me add to this: by avoiding the things you mentioned, you are already a 60% WR CV player. And thats without any form of skill yet shown :)

• Cool 1

[SLAPP]
Players
1,523 posts
9,536 battles

bb'S in CV mm : stay back and snipe

BB's in DD mm : stay back and snipe

BB's om BB mm: stay back and snipe

BB's in cruiser MM : HA easy kills Still stay back and snipe.

Cv in Any MM : mobile airfield behind island 

• Cool 1

[CATCH]
Players
360 posts
8,906 battles

This is most certainly a post in an internet forum.

• Funny 1

Players
4,692 posts
7,604 battles
38 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

No skill? That's wrong. Cvs require far less skill to be somewhat successful in compared to surface ships. That's right. 

This ^^^^^

To get a consistent 60%+ solo WR% in a surface ship requires an exceptionally skilled player, within the top 2% or better, to do the same in a CV, learn to drop, learn to dodge flak and welcome to the world of unicum in a day.

[OGHF]
Players
1,428 posts
24,607 battles

OP has obviously not met my Asashio yet 😂😂😂 :cap_popcorn:

Players
204 posts
12,465 battles

what I observe is, that I see more good dd players also play CVs well than the other way around.

• Cool 1

Players
2,754 posts
15,320 battles
3 hours ago, marcopieroni16 said:

people saying that cv requires no skill to be used. while for me it does

You need half the skills and brain maximum. I am CV noob yet I'm 5% better then my next best class, 10% better then hardest to play class-cruisers.

image.png.1a1c0af27852bf1dc5f60f5d9c32fe0d.png