You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dusan_The_Mighty

What they done to secondary's, is criminal

21 comments in this topic

Players
11 posts
3,918 battles

In the ticket I send to player support, this is the part of the response I received(main part)

"We understand that some changes may seem to you impractical, but we assure you that they were necessary.

According to the analysis of statistics, we decided to conduct those changes.

The goal of such actions is to maintain the game balance and attractiveness of gameplay. However, because of the number of players of the "World of Warships" and the individual preferences of the players, the Project Administration cannot guarantee satisfaction with all aspects of the game process for each user.

Each moment of the update is thoroughly tested and fits carefully worked game mechanics and game logic."

I play this game every day, I see 1000's and 1000's of players.. were the secondary's TRULY that big of a torn in your "plans", that you had to cut their efficiency by 30%? Only Germany has the effective secondary's! ONE NATION! How, is it that one nation, can effect your "attractiveness of gameplay" that much? For you to butcher their efficiency. 
You want people to play BB's from a far, yes I understand that.. but something this small should not effect your plans. You added Dead Eye, ok, now everyone have +10% accuracy from a far! Why kill the secondary guns? How is that "balancing"!?
People will either play from a far, or they wont. If they wont, why not leave them SOME JOY in the game, and let them have the accurate secondary guns!?

You told us, you wont change Premium ships, ships we paid hard cash for.. well, they are changed. You maybe didn't change the ships, per se, but you did change how those ships are played. What is it with you WG, and destroying the German ships over and over? Are you that hurt, that German ships simply kick [edited]? 

I bought Pommern, Agir(gifted by a friend), Odin, Prinz Eugen, Scharnhorst, I worked my [edited]off to get captain Lutjens.. ALL of them, with joy that they have efficient secondary guns. Fast forward to today.. I can barely hit cruiser 20 times with secondary's. 
Can you please show me the statistics, where nurfing the secondary's "balances the gameplay"? In fact, I'd be happy just to see the correlation between secondary's and "unattractiveness".
Thousands of players I know, don't like it. If I go simple by capita measures, I doubt the numbers would change even if its 100 000 people, or 500 000 people. So I'd truly love to see what are the basis for your statistics.

For god sake, give us back our secondary's! If people want to play from a far, THEY WILL! There's no need to punish the people who do not, by taking our brawling skills away.

• Cool 10

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

image.thumb.png.2e81b2449a248c3cdb77fbb28287513e.png

German T7+ BBs got a seperate buff with 0.10.0, which only resulted in a slight nerf to their accuracy.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[TF16]
Players
83 posts
9,769 battles

I don't understand that move either. One of my favorites, GK, has become veeeery difficult to play right now. She suffered a lot against the HE spammers and snipers even prior to the rework. But at least she was very strong in the late game, now she is totally situational and with this weak accuracy I feel like I'm no more able to provide any good support for my div mates...

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
1 hour ago, Dusan_The_Mighty said:

What is it with you WG, and destroying the German ships over and over?

German BB players asked WG to give their ships American BB dispersion, they got that 2 years ago.
German BB players asked WG to buff secondary accuracy by 30% to offset the reduced skill - while also getting the range increase that came with the skill, they got that.
German BB players are now asking WG to please give German BBs American BB turret angles, I'm sure they will get that too.
And when they finally get those turret angles, a GK is effectively a Montana with with hydro, secondaries, more HP and derp armor.
The amount of handholding German BBs get is incredible, you're already playing a ship with trainer-wheels.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[UNOVI]
Players
487 posts
7,131 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

image.thumb.png.2e81b2449a248c3cdb77fbb28287513e.png

German T7+ BBs got a seperate buff with 0.10.0, which only resulted in a slight nerf to their accuracy.

Still a 30% nerf that really wasnt needed...

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
Just now, geschlittert said:

Still a 30% nerf that really wasnt needed...

60% -> 50% ?

[NEXT]
Players
6,102 posts
12,187 battles
2 minutes ago, geschlittert said:

my bad, only 20% worse!

But both sides can fire, so multitargets are stronger?

[UNOVI]
Players
487 posts
7,131 battles
4 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

But both sides can fire, so multitargets are stronger?

See, this is what WG doesn't get right about secondaries. Having multiple targets within your secondary range indicates that you have made a huge missplay, especially if they are on both sides of your ship. And the accuracy of the other side is laughable at best

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,773 posts
15,168 battles

The actual figure used to buff the German secondary dispersion figure was 22.5%.

The quoted figure of a 50% increase was in comparing the dispersion before and after this buff on a full secondary build.

It's still a sizable nerf to dispersion but the real difference is  how we weight the value of a 35% improvement for four points. I think I only use it on the Pommern. 

[NEXT]
Players
6,102 posts
12,187 battles
16 minutes ago, geschlittert said:

See, this is what WG doesn't get right about secondaries. Having multiple targets within your secondary range indicates that you have made a huge missplay, especially if they are on both sides of your ship. And the accuracy of the other side is laughable at best

It's maybe only in your mind a missplay, there are plenty of scenarios, where it worked fine.

misspl.png.6895c544ae6578191f39e2f3ab7c82bd.png

I see no huge missplay here

Also it can always happen, that you see only 1 ship and a second one appears, or is over an small island...  I play a lot with secondaries, and they work, they are just not main guns. they are "secondaries"

The accuracy of the other side doesn't even matter much, as soon there is 1 hit, this 1 hit is an addtional hit

[NEXT]
Players
6,102 posts
12,187 battles
4 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

The actual figure used to buff the German secondary dispersion figure was 22.5%.

The quoted figure of a 50% increase was in comparing the dispersion before and after this buff on a full secondary build.

It's still a sizable nerf to dispersion but the real difference is  how we weight the value of a 35% improvement for four points. I think I only use it on the Pommern. 

Though without secondary skills, it's actually a buff, isn't it?

[UNOVI]
Players
487 posts
7,131 battles
12 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

It's maybe only in your mind a missplay, there are plenty of scenarios, where it worked fine.

Also it can always happen, that you see only 1 ship and a second one appears, or is over an small island...  I play a lot with secondaries, and they work, they are just not main guns. they are "secondaries"

The accuracy of the other side doesn't even matter much, as soon there is 1 hit, this 1 hit is an addtional hit

only US secondaries can really shoot from this angle, GE secondaries require more broadside. And the accuracy of the other broadside matters if your main accuracy is 20% worse. If not more (would need to calculate the eclipse)

Mate, if there is one ship in this game i really know how to play, it's GK

Players
11 posts
3,918 battles
50 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

German BB players asked WG to give their ships American BB dispersion, they got that 2 years ago.
German BB players asked WG to buff secondary accuracy by 30% to offset the reduced skill - while also getting the range increase that came with the skill, they got that.
German BB players are now asking WG to please give German BBs American BB turret angles, I'm sure they will get that too.
And when they finally get those turret angles, a GK is effectively a Montana with with hydro, secondaries, more HP and derp armor.
The amount of handholding German BBs get is incredible, you're already playing a ship with trainer-wheels.

I never asked for any of it, aside for better dispersion(which was CATASTROPHIC). But fact that the players needed to ask for any of that.. says there's something very wrong here.
A nation that produced Bismarck & Tirpitz, Scharnhorst & Gneisenau, Prinz Eugen, Graf Spee.. would CERTAINLY be able to produce ships of the same quality as any newer British or American ship!

Russia, in WoWS, throwing out ships left and right like they are candy. Ships with armor, accuracy, and huge amount of barrels to fire from. Yes, they don't have secondaries. Oh, but when Germany is suppose to have good ships, that is a "doing us a solid". That is "oh I'll give you plebs better dispersion", to nation who had some of the most deadly warships of WW1 & WW2. 

I don't know about all the things you are naming.. I do know that German accuracy was shameful(until they fixed it a bit), and I do know that German secondaries should be powerful, because unlike others they didn't use dual purpose guns(but a powerful 5,9in twin guns).

Players
11 posts
3,918 battles
34 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

I really don't know why secondaries didn't fire from both sides to begin with(they would in reality). But they can fire on all 4 sides, and they can fire 20km.. its all for nothing if you don't hit the target.

All I'm saying is, that I don't see the point of ruining the secondaries, if they wanted for players to play from a far. They could achieve that, and leave the secondaries as is. Only country that truly used them is Germany, and she dose need them, especially on higher tiers. Where majority of other ships have either higher barrel numbers, or bigger caliber shells.

[NEXT]
Players
6,102 posts
12,187 battles
1 hour ago, geschlittert said:

only US secondaries can really shoot from this angle, GE secondaries require more broadside. And the accuracy of the other broadside matters if your main accuracy is 20% worse. If not more (would need to calculate the eclipse)

Mate, if there is one ship in this game i really know how to play, it's GK

My Shikishima can fire from those angles too. Do you broadside against single targets? I mean that has nothing to do with the single target / multi target. This has effect by any kind of secondary encounter for those ships. 

35 minutes ago, Dusan_The_Mighty said:

I really don't know why secondaries didn't fire from both sides to begin with(they would in reality). But they can fire on all 4 sides, and they can fire 20km.. its all for nothing if you don't hit the target.

All I'm saying is, that I don't see the point of ruining the secondaries, if they wanted for players to play from a far. They could achieve that, and leave the secondaries as is. Only country that truly used them is Germany, and she dose need them, especially on higher tiers. Where majority of other ships have either higher barrel numbers, or bigger caliber shells.

Well, they fire from both sides, it was pre-rework, when they didn't do it, and it's not about reality. This is a game and not even a simulation. In a simulation, it's something different, but World of Warships is a pvp-action shooter with ships.

[SPURD]
Players
869 posts
6,588 battles

KM secondaries didn't change all that much tbh, but the rework brought into attention just how frickin' bad secondary builds have always been. Kurfurst in particular was and is a piece of garbage that has giant flaws that negate all of it's mediocre strengths. 

What I'm kinda sad about is that I was looking forward to getting Shikishima and goofing around with secondary IFHE build but... Ehh.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,137 posts
22,935 battles

What no one mentions about secondary builds is that the rework killed any French secondary build that was.

• Cool 2

[UNOVI]
Players
487 posts
7,131 battles
28 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

KM secondaries didn't change all that much tbh, but the rework brought into attention just how frickin' bad secondary builds have always been. Kurfurst in particular was and is a piece of garbage that has giant flaws that negate all of it's mediocre strengths. 

What I'm kinda sad about is that I was looking forward to getting Shikishima and goofing around with secondary IFHE build but... Ehh.

GK is actually a really good ship. The pressure you creat lets you win a ton of games

• Cool 1

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,385 posts
9,814 battles

Due to skill rework now BBs not only stay away to benefit from deadeye but also due to useless secondaries.

I always thought I joined naval arcade game not a circus. Perhaps I was wrong. I should have known better seeing that game is being developed by clowns.

Players
163 posts

Yes secondaries need new rework I have fell that now its accuracy/damage isn't worth 11 skill points + Auxiliary Armaments Modification 2 - 3 million of credits. I test it on Pommern. For other ships I don't know, but for sure I don't waste 3 million credits on Auxiliary Armaments Modification 2 again!